Hacking Unable to install any CFW on 9.2 N3DS

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I understand that messing with system titles is dangerous, what could possibly happen if I only uninstall the european system titles?

Absolute best case scenario? You clean up the system and it works as intended. Worst case scenario, one of the euro titles overwrote the US counterpart in the system's configuration. You wipe the title out, and hard brick the system.

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i was to guess its because you installed menuhax right before you used emunand9, i think that screws up making the emunand.

So once your ready to start make the emunand make sure to change your theme to ensure menuhax doesnt work.

Goto homebrew, run pasta, change theme, run homebrew again, install fbi, go back to homebrew, run emunand.

Thats what happened to me, hope it helps
That's what makes emunand9 not launch from the hbl? I really don't think that's the case, especially since we already established that I can't get arm9 access in any case.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really interested on how this will pan out. I would have assumed installing update CIAs from another region would essentially cause a brick (since doing this on emuNAND will cause it to stop booting, unless you change the SecureInfo_A file, which would change the region of the emuNAND).

TheHomesk1llet

Also known as "Kupo"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it to work somehow. I used a version of sysupdater I found somewhere to update the N3DS to 10.3.0-28U (the CORRECT region) and then downgraded again to 9.2.0-20U. Afterwards, I was able to open FBI, and it let me install/uninstall titles. So I uninstalled all of the european titles, and everything else is working exactly like planned. I'm creating an emunand right now, and I'll be testing out a CFW as soon as it finishes.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I finally got it to work somehow. I used a version of sysupdater I found somewhere to update the N3DS to 10.3.0-28U (the CORRECT region) and then downgraded again to 9.2.0-20U. Afterwards, I was able to open FBI, and it let me install/uninstall titles. So I uninstalled all of the european titles, and everything else is working exactly like planned. I'm creating an emunand right now, and I'll be testing out a CFW as soon as it finishes.
Badass.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I've been looking all over google and gbatemp for a solution to this, but I haven't found anything. I have a new 3ds that was downgraded to 9.2, I've set up menuhax and I have emunand9, pasta, minipasta, and the gateway launcher set up. For whatever reason, whether i start the homebrew launcher from either browserhax or menuhax, emunand9, minipasta, and reinand boots back to the homebrew launcher with a red screen, while pasta, the gateway launcher, and rxtools get stuck on a black screen.

Really lost here, and I feel dumb because it's probably a simple solution. I've been following the tutorial here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

You're on frankenfirmware.

Basically, you have an incomplete firmware downgrade.

Use safesysupdater to ensure the files you have are of the correct checksum,
then proceed to use the latest sysupdater to downgrade again.

This resolved my issue for me, so it should work for you too.

I was on a 9.9 N3DSLL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again