Hacking Transfer from US New 3DS CFW to fresh JP New 3DSLL

aclors

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been looking at various information and I want to confirm that my idea makes sense and will work.

I have a US New 3DS with CFW. However, it has a lot of aesthetic defects and I'd like to get a new console to transfer it to. However, in 2023, getting a new 3DS console is an expensive ordeal. So I figure, maybe I should just get a JP New 3DSLL, as they are so much cheaper. I understand that you cannot transfer from one console to another if they are not of the same region. However, if I install CFW on the JP 3DS and then fully region change it to US, will that be sufficient for me to transfer from the originally US 3DS to the region changed one? I assume that it should work, but I wanted to confirm if others agree. After the transfer, I assume I have to figure out how to either activate or reinstall all the homebrew/warez.

Anyway, your assistance is much appreciated!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
System Transfer requires eShop access. Some people have reportedly been able to connect to the US eShop on a JP 3DS, but it seems to depend on whether the JP 3DS has pre-installed software.

aclors

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the JP 3DS is just a vanilla fresh console with CFW that is then fully region changed to US, would the US eShop not be accessible? I understand if there are titles downloaded from the JP eShop still on the console prior to the full region change, but I don't intend to have any.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?