Could anything go wrong with this System Transfer + NAND Restore Strategy?

vertebrae4498

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to system transfer from my old 3DS to my New 3DS, but in case anything goes wrong I still want to be able to transfer back to an old 3DS, but I would be blocked off from doing that after transferring to the New one because you can't transfer from New to Old. So I formulated this strategy:
  1. NAND Backup console A and console B (console B is the new 3DS)
  2. Perform a system transfer from console A to console B (PC based so I can restore non-legitimate titles with FakeTik)
  3. Clone the SD card contents of console A to console B's SD card
  4. After transfer is complete, NAND restore console A
  5. before connecting console A to the internet, use godmode9 to remove the NNID on console A to prevent any issues with that
With this method, I'd assume that I'd be able to create another NNID on console A and use console B independently of that. Only really the saves would differ after I use console B after transferring, which is easier to restore if anything goes wrong. As for the NNID, it doesn't really matter much anyway since the servers will go down soon so console A shouldn't be impacted much. Is there any issue with this strategy?

wowsuchdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't transfer from New to Old, it's common knowledge. And that's also because you might have games that only work on New model consoles on Old model consoles and Nintendo doesn't want that to happen like at all lol

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't transfer from New to Old, it's common knowledge. And that's also because you might have games that only work on New model consoles on Old model consoles and Nintendo doesn't want that to happen like at all lol
Ya got it backwards, they want old to new. so it should be ok for what they want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto