Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Any chance to get this CFW ported to 4.5 cfw users? Without CN?

You'd be limited to running games that run on 4.5. Anything released after that (i.e. anything that came out after 2012) would simply ask you to update and refuse to run.

This CFW only removes the signature checks required to run unsigned .cia files. You're pretty much still on OFW, since nothing else is changed!

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can this ever work on emuNAND in the future?

No. Okay yes, but the creator has said he won't do it. Roxas is currently thinking about removing sig checks so maybe rxTools will be able to do this in the somewhat near future if he decides to remove sig checks that is of course.

Reactions: Idaho

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I'm having a predicament.

The SDF.cia that I was always using on Emunand (O3DS & N3DS) and on Pasta (N3DS) doesn't seem to run on Pasta with my O3DS.
I tried everything (re-formatting my mSD card, installing SDF with FBI after booting into Pasta, tried Devmenu, the works!).

It installs but keeps giving me the error: "The SD card was removed. Press the Home button..."
This does not happen on my N3DS, it will run on Pasta...

Maybe I need a different SaveDataFiler.cia? Could anybody point me to one that would run on an O3DS on Pasta.
Thanx

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
These have already been answered. Read the thread.

Pasta CFW is just something that you run over sysNAND. It's applied to RAM, so nothing is installed (i.e. no chance of bricking), so rebooting the console makes it go away. It simply bypasses Nintendo's signature checks, making it so that you can run and install unsigned .cia files (via DevMenu, BigBlueMenu, etc).

It currently doesn't support emuNAND or anything like that.

You need to run it every time you want to run unsigned .cia files. If you don't run it after a cold boot, then the installed .cia files simply won't run. It's already explained in the first few pages. Read them.

Alright thanks, I appreciate the answer. I had a flick through the first 5 pages, but I couldn't see a clear answer. A 45 page thread with multiple conversations going on at once isn't the easiest thing to glean information from for a total newcomer. After searching around it just left me more confused, especially since all other information is about Gateway. I'm assuming that Gateway without emuNAND uses the same RAM method in that the functionality is lost after a cold boot?

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
You'd be limited to running games that run on 4.5. Anything released after that (i.e. anything that came out after 2012) would simply ask you to update and refuse to run.

This CFW only removes the signature checks required to run unsigned .cia files. You're pretty much still on OFW, since nothing else is changed!
It should be possible to downgrade MSET like with Gateway's update, but that still necessitates having a copy of CN or downgrading to 4.5 to be able to perform the MSET downgrade.
IMO it'd be better, for now, to put effort into porting it to webkit, maybe using Decrypt9 as a starting point like yifan_lu suggested.

capito27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I need someone to try a test version on N3DS and record the start of CN to the launching of an unsigned cia (it has a new app name and icon, all files within the same ninjhax folder, auo firmware detection and automatic payload startup) so i can have a look at it and change what needs to be.

I will edit this post once i find someone.
Edit : tester found.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was easy really, i use an earlier version of Brahma from before the interactive menu was added... from this commit. https://github.com/patois/Brahma/tree/de92fe00dd8b6fee64f260d00bea2af6d820bc8e and changed this line https://github.com/patois/Brahma/blob/de92fe00dd8b6fee64f260d00bea2af6d820bc8e/source/brahma.c#L328 to point to /3ds/CFW_Loader/cfw_loader.bin instead of /arm9payload.bin.

So the auto boot versions i posted earlier in the thread Intronaut mentioned are actually that Brahma version as the 3dsx / smdh files and the .bin file is just a modified version of https://github.com/patois/3DSProjects/tree/master/Brahma/examples/helloARM9.

I also saw your changes on your fork and I'll look at adding them and hopefully it can auto-boot and auto-select the right version.

I think it should even be possible to skip the homebrew launcher and start right into Pasta CFW, same as some versions of decrypt9 did. I wouldn't want that, though. Thanks for sharing that link!

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Okay yes, but the creator has said he won't do it. Roxas is currently thinking about removing sig checks so maybe rxTools will be able to do this in the somewhat near future if he decides to remove sig checks that is of course.
Too bad that rxTools can't support N3DS’s.

Reactions: nyder

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it should even be possible to skip the homebrew launcher and start right into Pasta CFW, same as some versions of decrypt9 did. I wouldn't want that, though. Thanks for sharing that link!

Yeah that's possible, i tried it and it works that way too just by renaming the .3dsx to boot.3dsx and putting it on the sd root so it loads straight from Cubic Ninja..

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reinstalling worked! Thanks a lot guys.

How do I get anything to run on it now. Is it as simple as putting the .cia on the SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E