Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Raw Error: 0xc8a0802b could not install app.

Sorted the job out thanks, it was because I was trying to install it to my sd card and not the nand, pressed L, happy days! :)

2. erk_is_my_homeboy

Newcomer

United States
    I am afraid to install Codename STEAM and run it on my N3DSXL 9.0U, because Codename STEAM includes the 9.4 update. Does anyone know anything about this? I don't want to risk experimentation because I've heard a .cia updating your system can brick it.

In other news, proper US dumps of GBA games are in the wild, and they work with Pasta CFW. Proper JP GBA/NES were around before now, and those worked with Pasta/PBT too. I'm sure US NES and EUR GBA/NES will be dumped soon for those who want them.

3. CravingCritic

CravingCritic Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States

Just grab a FW spoofed CIA and it won't bug you to update.

4. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Netherlands
    It will always prompt the update, just installing the CIA itself won't do anything. If it's a scene dump it probably doesn't have the update included anyway.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

cia games don't contain updates anyway

kactusss likes this.
  6. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

France
    No, cias don't have updates, the worse that can happen is that the game won't boot.

7. Scarlet

Scarlet Pretty Pretty Princess
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    For the record, if you do install it, I don't believe you'll be able to buy and download it legitimately from the eShop. I found it was the case with ORAS updates I installed as a CIA so be warned.

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Well, I already mentioned the changes needed to Shadowtrance. I also forked PastaCFW on github and uploaded my changes so he can copy them directly if he wants.
    I don't know how he bundled everything into one .3dsx. But actually making brahma autoboot arm9payload.bin is easy (it already does it if you hold D-pad left on start so it's a simple change to make a brahma version that autoboots if you like)

Edit: Try this. It will autoboot arm9payload.bin which has to be placed in either the brahma directory or on the SD root. I'm not sure which. All I did was remove the d-pad left check so it will always autoboot regardless.
    Personally I think it's best to keep brahma and the payload as separate files so they can be updated individually.

Attached Files:

hippy dave, capito27 and kactusss like this.
  9. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

United States
    Awe shit son! It's actually happening. I think the scene just exploded.

10. capito27

OP capito27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Swaziland
    gonna add this for the main release, ok with you ? (credits to you, obviously)
    Edit : Nvm , i will make it myself, that way i can switch a little the source ^^

11. Shadowtrance

Shadowtrance GBAtemp Addict

It was easy really, i use an earlier version of Brahma from before the interactive menu was added... from this commit. https://github.com/patois/Brahma/tree/de92fe00dd8b6fee64f260d00bea2af6d820bc8e and changed this line https://github.com/patois/Brahma/blob/de92fe00dd8b6fee64f260d00bea2af6d820bc8e/source/brahma.c#L328 to point to /3ds/CFW_Loader/cfw_loader.bin instead of /arm9payload.bin.

So the auto boot versions i posted earlier in the thread Intronaut mentioned are actually that Brahma version as the 3dsx / smdh files and the .bin file is just a modified version of https://github.com/patois/3DSProjects/tree/master/Brahma/examples/helloARM9.

I also saw your changes on your fork and I'll look at adding them and hopefully it can auto-boot and auto-select the right version.

12. Jademalo

Jademalo GBAtemp Fan

Just a quick question since I can't find a simple answer - Does this boot a custom NAND rather than replacing it entirely? As in, when the console is rebooted, does the process have to be repeated in order to actually run/install the unsigned games? (In addition to that second question, if the patch is removed do already installed cias not load, or are they still fine? As in, does it need to be signed only to be installed, or does it need to be signed to be both installed and run?)

I haven't really been following the 3DS scene, and it's extremely confusing since Gateway seems to be both the name of an exploit and a flash card. I've also confused myself because I remember reading something years ago about installing a custom firmware, but this seems like it isn't installed entirely.

Thanks

13. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Romania
    Well, if the Pasta CFW bin can be made so that it detects the firmware automatically, and an older version of Brahma can be used that boots the .bin file automatically, then why not just change Brahma's icon (and name), so that you only have to tap it from the Ninjahax homebrew menu?

Can you guys do this?

The icon can look something like this:

[​IMG]

Idaho and kactusss like this.
  14. capito27

OP capito27 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Swaziland
    this is what i am implementing atm ;)

kactusss likes this.
  15. kactusss

kactusss GBAtemp Regular

France
    Can you put your work on github too ? It will be easier to follow the changes and the releases :)

Idaho likes this.
  16. Suiginou

Suiginou (null)

Gambia, The
  17. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Oh haha I completely missed the cfw_loader.bin file. That's pretty easy then (but it would be better to use the newest version and comment out the check in main.c ;) )
    Plus change this in quick_boot_firm: load_arm9_payload("/arm9payload.bin");

18. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Romania
    These have already been answered. Read the thread.

Pasta CFW is just something that you run over sysNAND. It's applied to RAM, so nothing is installed (i.e. no chance of bricking), so rebooting the console makes it go away. It simply bypasses Nintendo's signature checks, making it so that you can run and install unsigned .cia files (via DevMenu, BigBlueMenu, etc).

It currently doesn't support emuNAND or anything like that.

You need to run it every time you want to run unsigned .cia files. If you don't run it after a cold boot, then the installed .cia files simply won't run. It's already explained in the first few pages. Read them.

19. kamo

kamo GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Any chance to get this CFW ported to 4.5 cfw users? Without CN?

20. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Netherlands
    There is a chance, but there seems to be too little interest for it to be soon. But who knows, technically it should be possible.

MrJason005 likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - installed, (required, unsigned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.