Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Gotcha, I thought Smash needed 9.2 and up.
The latest update 1.0.8 now requires a higher firmware. Not sure if 9.5+

In my case my only option was to use gateway mode and it works even in 9.0 sysnand or emunand due to it's firmware spoof (FirmLaunch) feature. I hope pasta implement's it soon :)

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ryan, pls go. You never sent me shit.. stop forcing memes.
On topic:
I like the way pasta works code-wise, but CN is gross, so it'd be best to go mset -> arm9 payload ->arm11 payload (maybe) ->firm reboot.. could probably add emunand via this setup much easier.
QRx's Emunand feature offset found in its unpacked binary. It does load up its file001.bin, which may did something related to a controlled reboot..
If you want to know where it is, you can contact me and let me show you that in a conversation. Yup i don't know if the other guys there ever read the whole posts.
Also I tried to decrypt the mset from 9.8 to test out some symbols, however since the only signatures for me are quite out-dated and i haven't seen later version of sdk.A

How about your progress on your own cfw? Would you share it or its technical methods?
About entries: I did want to know about how to switch between arm9 and arm11, or else two threads in both zones may be ok if possible.
Thus YGW eshop or other patches could be done along the way. Forgive me if i'm too noob.
Yes there is several ROP searcher tool, such as ROP_Gadget(Python) which demands capstone. For extracted code.bin from exefs:
python ROPgadget --rawArch arm --rawMode 32 --binary code.bin (49884 gadgets.. for 9.8 orz)
Once if you're using the correct extracted one that decrypted.. I don't know that helps dude.

Last edited by Syphurith,

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I like the way pasta works code-wise, but CN is gross, so it'd be best to go mset -> arm9 payload ->arm11 payload (maybe) ->firm reboot.. could probably add emunand via this setup much easier.
MSET as an entrypoint is great, but only for those who are capable of using it, leaving out 2DS and N3DS users. If you can get downgraded MSET working for higher firmwares like Gateway did, however, then 2DS and N3DS users would be free to use rxTools and Pasta+CN respectively to set up.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hope I don't bother any dev asking but how is everything going with emunand, mset and FirmLaunch? I haven't seen any updates from you guy's lately and I really like hearing how things are coming along.Not trying to rush things or anything.Thanks in advance!

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im very patient but hoping this at some point can be launched through New 3DS downgraded MSET that would be awesome. Congrats to all the Devs for the amazing progress you guys are making after this project is done maybe you guys can go work for Big N.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course there is a limitation on N3DS and we can't launch a higher FIRM than 9.5 on it.
Not even an issue (at least until some new badass games comes out that wants 9.6 :P) im happy with anything you guys can offer seeing as it's free, I or anyone for that matter has no right to complain about limitations.

+ We now have GBA titles to keep us busy and quiet while you all tinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.