Not open for further replies.

Nugg2396

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
CrashmanX said:
Nugg2396 said:
Silver was my favorite game but I can't remember the storyline, only bits and pieces

Obviously you didnt play it enough XD jk

Ahh none the less I kinda look forward to seeing the amusement this patch will bring.
lol But I wasn't a really good trainer back then. I was a n00b xD.

Nugg2396

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Guild McCommunist said:
Nugg2396 said:
me and all my cousins have been playing Pokemon ever since R/B/Y and I'm not even 14 yet :/
Silver was my favorite game but I can't remember the storyline, only bits and pieces

Boy (there were no girls in Pokemon yet) gets Pokemon. Boy fights gym leaders. Boy defeats meanies. Boy beats Elite Four. Boy beats more gym leaders. Boy fights other boy. The end.

QUOTE(bsltiger @ Sep 24 2009, 03:27 AM) i dont care if one million people are doing it or only one, as long as it gets done. ive played and beaten both gold and silver when i was a kid, but i dont remember any of the storyline. and stop complaining about multiple people doing translations, please. they are taking their own time to translate it because they WANT to. they are not doing the other game translations because they DO NOT WANT to. if you want them to translate another game, ask them to, and they might, or pay them to and they might, but dont whine about it. there is obviously, like someone else said, not enough of a fanbase outside of japan to have this translated, officially or unofficially. thanks.

You actually care about Pokemon storylines? That's a first. Even devout Pokemon fans, for the most part, couldn't give half a fuck over the main game storylines. They're so boring, generic, and re-used that no one cares. Pokemon is about gameplay, not story telling or fancy visuals.

And everyone translates the same exact text most of the time. All of them use the same tool and all of them have pretty much the same experience (except for this sad clown who made this "translation", and I use that term loosely). The only reason they don't merge is because they think their child-sized egos are too big for each other and they don't care about bettering the community, they care about showing how big their small cocks are.

You're saying to pay fan translations? You, sir, are stupid. They're called FAN translations for a reason. They're made for FANS, not for profit. If people started offering their game translations for money the only thing they'd get is a hefty slap on the wrist from Nintendo and co.

Either get smarter or get out. I don't see either of those happening. Stupid people are like gum on the sidewalk. They obviously got rejected by someone and now just stick to whatever unlucky folk steps on them. And you can just get it out with some scraping on the sidewalk, you've got to dig it out real deep. And God forbid you've got some funky soles on your shoes because you might as well get a new sneaker then.
I always thought the storylines were useless, but now I think they're really important. If a person hasn't played the original G/S games, they would be totally clueless!

Person : Oh Noes! Wtf is that guy in black doing! Hes blocking the well! Oh noes what to do!
*goes into town*
Person : Oh Noes! Another guy in black is blocking the Gym!!
*dies*

Nugg2396

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
larkija33 said:
I don't ever remember Oak saying "Zzz... Hmm... Talking in sleep...", but good start! =)
I think it was something like. Zzz... Hmm... then something else, then it was like, What time is it blabla, then it was like I overslept!

bsltiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nugg2396 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Nugg2396 said:
me and all my cousins have been playing Pokemon ever since R/B/Y and I'm not even 14 yet :/

Boy (there were no girls in Pokemon yet) gets Pokemon. Boy fights gym leaders. Boy defeats meanies. Boy beats Elite Four. Boy beats more gym leaders. Boy fights other boy. The end.

QUOTE(bsltiger @ Sep 24 2009, 03:27 AM) i dont care if one million people are doing it or only one, as long as it gets done. ive played and beaten both gold and silver when i was a kid, but i dont remember any of the storyline. and stop complaining about multiple people doing translations, please. they are taking their own time to translate it because they WANT to. they are not doing the other game translations because they DO NOT WANT to. if you want them to translate another game, ask them to, and they might, or pay them to and they might, but dont whine about it. there is obviously, like someone else said, not enough of a fanbase outside of japan to have this translated, officially or unofficially. thanks.

You actually care about Pokemon storylines? That's a first. Even devout Pokemon fans, for the most part, couldn't give half a fuck over the main game storylines. They're so boring, generic, and re-used that no one cares. Pokemon is about gameplay, not story telling or fancy visuals.

And everyone translates the same exact text most of the time. All of them use the same tool and all of them have pretty much the same experience (except for this sad clown who made this "translation", and I use that term loosely). The only reason they don't merge is because they think their child-sized egos are too big for each other and they don't care about bettering the community, they care about showing how big their small cocks are.

You're saying to pay fan translations? You, sir, are stupid. They're called FAN translations for a reason. They're made for FANS, not for profit. If people started offering their game translations for money the only thing they'd get is a hefty slap on the wrist from Nintendo and co.

Either get smarter or get out. I don't see either of those happening. Stupid people are like gum on the sidewalk. They obviously got rejected by someone and now just stick to whatever unlucky folk steps on them. And you can just get it out with some scraping on the sidewalk, you've got to dig it out real deep. And God forbid you've got some funky soles on your shoes because you might as well get a new sneaker then.
I always thought the storylines were useless, but now I think they're really important. If a person hasn't played the original G/S games, they would be totally clueless!

Person : Oh Noes! Wtf is that guy in black doing! Hes blocking the well! Oh noes what to do!
*goes into town*
Person : Oh Noes! Another guy in black is blocking the Gym!!
*dies*

exactly my point. i didnt remember the story line, so i didnt know what to do. i dont give a rats ass about the actual story, but i need what is needed to progress in the game. i hope that boy knows how to get in through the side window of the gym, since he cant speak japanese.... see my point?

and i wasnt saying people should charge for translations, i was saying that if i wanted my favorite game in japanese to be translated, i wouldnt come here and complain that someone is working on a pokemon translation. it was just to get people to shut up.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
xDlmaoxD said:
CyrusBlue said:
Why are you all translating Pokemon anyway? How about you do something worthwhile and translate something that's never gonna see an English release? There's an entire thread of good games waiting to be translated. Yet you choose to race and see who can translate a game destined for an official translation first.

I will never understand you people.

What you consider good, I will probably dislike.
It's all based on what they like, and what's most wanted at the moment.
If you can't understand that, well too bad.

You're telling me that you can't find one game on that list that interests you? I'm calling bullshit.

metal01 said:
QUOTE(CyrusBlue @ Sep 23 2009, 08:24 PM)
Why are you all translating Pokemon anyway? How about you do something worthwhile and translate something that's never gonna see an English release? There's an entire thread of good games waiting to be translated. Yet you choose to race and see who can translate a game destined for an official translation first.

I will never understand you people.

Dude why waste your time and ours writing this, no one cares. If you want another game translated, Do it yourself.

I'm not the one on trial here. Don't try and shift it onto me. We're talking about numerous people being stupid and doing something that no one will benefit from in the long run. Yeah the basic menu translation was nice but why are they trying to translate the entire game? Its getting to the point where people are just running stuff through google translate and slapping it onto the game.

Have some patience. Its not like you're gonna pay for it anyway and don't lie and say you are just to save face.

Lahiho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People can translate what they want, people will love you fare more for translating Pokemon then some randy Japanese game 3 people want to play, that's why they most of them are doing it however.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, my question to cyrusblue is...

Do U know how to translate a game?

because if not, why are u wasting ppls time ranting on this topic...

to be honest with you it makes no sense you doing so, theyre going to continue regardless

therefore your rants go on deaf ears...

okay, so whats next... im hoping for the first patch that you try to clean it up to make at least some sense of the whole translation

mateo245

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i will like to adquire the program,you will put it to translate complete games and then leave to the beginners correct the grammar and maybe do an acceptable translation.

great for those who dont know japanese but know the story of the game,come on it will be great it will be easier ,cause the translation methods are getting old and im tired of them,(seriously i have done mini translations mostly menus and a little bit of graphics but i got tired and didnt translate anymore)
im personally surprised that things dont have advanced as i expected, specially the tools,well any way i will like paper magician to answer me,i like the idea of a the app even if it uses google trans,

thanks for the topic this could mean a great advance on the translations process,personally thank you.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
larkija33 said:
I don't ever remember Oak saying "Zzz... Hmm... Talking in sleep...", but good start! =)
This is a direct translation from HG. I've directly imported text straight from HG to Google Translate. So it won't be exactly like GS.
This is going to take a while, I'm manually copying/pasting to Google Translate, and editing it to be in the correct format.

One day to go until PaperMagician's translation is a dud (look forward to my translation though)

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BTW, I'm going to try a normal patch first before Google-translating it.
Manual work sucks
tongue.gif

mattwo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
BTW, I'm going to try a normal patch first before Google-translating it.
Manual work sucks
tongue.gif

At least it's better quality that way. >.> Google Translate STINKS

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, actually, I'm going to do some work in proper English, and other work in Google Engrish.
Seems easier that way.

Right now, I'm just getting the kinks out of the Pokédex entries.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't release it now, as I only have menus (and not all of them yet)
I'm releasing when I add Google Engrish to the beginning, and Nintendo English to the battles and stuff.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CHANGE OF PLANS.
I've just got in contact with the real PaperMagician, and he's fixing bugs. EXPECT A 99% PATCH SOON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Better leave them alone i guess