Status
Not open for further replies.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
Why are you all translating Pokemon anyway? How about you do something worthwhile and translate something that's never gonna see an English release? There's an entire thread of good games waiting to be translated. Yet you choose to race and see who can translate a game destined for an official translation first.

I will never understand you people.

What you consider good, I will probably dislike.
It's all based on what they like, and what's most wanted at the moment.
If you can't understand that, well too bad.

woody43526

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xDlamaoxD's right. a pokemon translation would be more appreciated by more people than any other Japanese game.

metal01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
Why are you all translating Pokemon anyway? How about you do something worthwhile and translate something that's never gonna see an English release? There's an entire thread of good games waiting to be translated. Yet you choose to race and see who can translate a game destined for an official translation first.

I will never understand you people.

Dude why waste your time and ours writing this, no one cares. If you want another game translated, Do it yourself.

desrone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
woody43526 said:
xDlamaoxD's right. a pokemon translation would be more appreciated by more people than any other Japanese game.

How do you know that? Don't speak for everyone, you're only one person, and though many "intelligent people" keeping asking and arguing about the same old stuff, he's still translating it, and it's still going to be released by nintendo next year

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
woody43526 said:

A game that's going to get a definite english release, as opposed to a game that doesn't even have a chance of being released outside of Japan?

Well FUCK AbsoluteZero, those cocksuckers. Why are they wasting their time translating some shitty Tales game when they could be busy translating pokemon platinum!

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Wow a break from school and I come back to see people doing multiple translation projects of Pokemon HG/SS instead of just doing one decent good one to make things easier. Also this game will be released in english in 2010 while many games that are -alot- better than Pokemon will not be released such as the Tales series and also the Super Robot Taisen series and that Lelouch game. Seriously, all of you translators need to stop being so selfish and translate other games that will never be released in english.

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Takanato said:
Wow a break from school and I come back to see people doing multiple translation projects of Pokemon HG/SS instead of just doing one decent good one to make things easier. Also this game will be released in english in 2010 while many games that are -alot- better than Pokemon will not be released such as the Tales series and also the Super Robot Taisen series and that Lelouch game. Seriously, all of you translators need to stop being so selfish and translate other games that will never be released in english.

Usually, only games that have multi-lingual hype around them are translated. Some games released in Japan (that are actually rather good) will not get translated simply due to a lack of hype in other countries. Pokémon for example has a massive fan base with lots of people wanting a translation, where as we don't see many people asking for a translation of Lelouch.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
A lot of people don't ask for games to be translated because they never heard of them..... For example Gode Geass... which of those people know it?

For pokemon those threads are mostly of small kids... Because most of the older ones like me for example, have played the originals and personally I don't thing that playing the same game just with better graphics will do me any good.

Well if somebody did a pokemon hack with changing all pokemon with digimon it would be a very good hack...But I agree with the stop with the ****ing pokemon translation hacks and make only one all together....

soulbad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
I don't like these games, so don't translate them for other people.
Seriously, nobody's forcing you to look at these threads, just ignore them. I'm not a little kid by the way, so there goes your theory.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
A lot of people don't ask for games to be translated because they never heard of them..... For example Gode Geass... which of those people know it?

For pokemon those threads are mostly of small kids... Because most of the older ones like me for example, have played the originals and personally I don't thing that playing the same game just with better graphics will do me any good.

Well if somebody did a pokemon hack with changing all pokemon with digimon it would be a very good hack...But I agree with the stop with the ****ing pokemon translation hacks and make only one all together....

Looks like someone's throwing a hissy fit. Do you need a time out in the corner?

If you were actually smart you'd know Pokemon's stereotypes are wrong, for the most part. Sure, the action figures, movies, and anime only appeal to kids (or the hardest of the hardcore Pokemon fans), but the games (in the original series, not spinoffs) are actually incredibly deep, deeper than a lot of RPGs. Kids can play it, older folks can master it.

It's a franchise cursed by stereotypes. You're obviously someone who gives into stereotypes instead of discovering the facts.

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:

Your telling us this when you have like 6 "Challenge My Brutes" thing on your sig lol
By the way, people don't want to work with other people because they are anti-social or egotistic
And I like Pokemon!
yaynds.gif

bsltiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont care if one million people are doing it or only one, as long as it gets done. ive played and beaten both gold and silver when i was a kid, but i dont remember any of the storyline. and stop complaining about multiple people doing translations, please. they are taking their own time to translate it because they WANT to. they are not doing the other game translations because they DO NOT WANT to. if you want them to translate another game, ask them to, and they might, or pay them to and they might, but dont whine about it. there is obviously, like someone else said, not enough of a fanbase outside of japan to have this translated, officially or unofficially. thanks.

Nugg2396

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
me and all my cousins have been playing Pokemon ever since R/B/Y and I'm not even 14 yet :/
Silver was my favorite game but I can't remember the storyline, only bits and pieces

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nugg2396 said:
me and all my cousins have been playing Pokemon ever since R/B/Y and I'm not even 14 yet :/
Silver was my favorite game but I can't remember the storyline, only bits and pieces

Boy (there were no girls in Pokemon yet) gets Pokemon. Boy fights gym leaders. Boy defeats meanies. Boy beats Elite Four. Boy beats more gym leaders. Boy fights other boy. The end.

QUOTE(bsltiger @ Sep 24 2009, 03:27 AM) i dont care if one million people are doing it or only one, as long as it gets done. ive played and beaten both gold and silver when i was a kid, but i dont remember any of the storyline. and stop complaining about multiple people doing translations, please. they are taking their own time to translate it because they WANT to. they are not doing the other game translations because they DO NOT WANT to. if you want them to translate another game, ask them to, and they might, or pay them to and they might, but dont whine about it. there is obviously, like someone else said, not enough of a fanbase outside of japan to have this translated, officially or unofficially. thanks.

You actually care about Pokemon storylines? That's a first. Even devout Pokemon fans, for the most part, couldn't give half a fuck over the main game storylines. They're so boring, generic, and re-used that no one cares. Pokemon is about gameplay, not story telling or fancy visuals.

And everyone translates the same exact text most of the time. All of them use the same tool and all of them have pretty much the same experience (except for this sad clown who made this "translation", and I use that term loosely). The only reason they don't merge is because they think their child-sized egos are too big for each other and they don't care about bettering the community, they care about showing how big their small cocks are.

You're saying to pay fan translations? You, sir, are stupid. They're called FAN translations for a reason. They're made for FANS, not for profit. If people started offering their game translations for money the only thing they'd get is a hefty slap on the wrist from Nintendo and co.

Either get smarter or get out. I don't see either of those happening. Stupid people are like gum on the sidewalk. They obviously got rejected by someone and now just stick to whatever unlucky folk steps on them. And you can just get it out with some scraping on the sidewalk, you've got to dig it out real deep. And God forbid you've got some funky soles on your shoes because you might as well get a new sneaker then.

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nugg2396 said:

Obviously you didnt play it enough XD jk

Ahh none the less I kinda look forward to seeing the amusement this patch will bring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: hi everyone.