YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PaperMagician's stuff:
This is a translation patch for HG/SS intended to translate most of the game using Google Translate.
It will be 99%, is made by "PaperMagician", and is based off Kazo's patch.
PaperMagician's looking for a graphics editing program. If you know of one, please PM me.
(BTW, PaperMagician wrote a program himself that translates the whole script 2 lines/sec)
Image of the translator in action:
screenshotsa.png
I am not PaperMagician, I'm just doing him a favor by linking to it here.
PaperMagian seems to have decided to contact someone else about the patch.

frown.gif
PaperMagician only contacts Steveice10, not me. So bug Steveice10 about the patch.
recent comments

YayMii's Stuff

This is a translation patch for HG/SS intended to translate most of the game with Google Translate.
This is also a result of me getting impatient about PaperMagician's patch.
It's made 100% from scratch, and includes Rudolph's fix.
The YayMii HGSS demo patch is released!
Contains English menus, and an Engrish intro.
Download the demo now!

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people are just too pessy messy. I am all for this patch, as it will add the exciting "Oomph" to my Pokemon adventure.

phanat1c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

So this is the jackass patch. Sorry, but I could even make this. If you're making a translation actually make one.

ummmm, then do it. a jackass patch is better than all kanji

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:

So this is the jackass patch. Sorry, but I could even make this. If you're making a translation actually make one.
Let's see you write a program that translates the script 2 lines per second.
BTW, this is just for people who don't want to wait for Kazo to translate the whole thing.

QUOTE(GenesisX @ Sep 20 2009, 01:01 PM) So basically, this will be a rip off of Kazo's Patch? Or will this be like the other guy(Magi something(Forgot
tongue.gif
))?
I'm not sure what PaperMagician's doing, but I'm pretty sure he said he's basing this off of Kazo's.

SushiTheLegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Essentially it's gonna use Kazo's latest patch, and translate what text is left via Google Translate...at least we think so. While this means it's gonna be poorly translated it's better than nothing and will suffice until the US release. We ain't sure when it'll finish translating but it'll hopefully be up soon.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Guild McCommunist said:

BTW, this is just for people who don't want to wait for Kazo to translate the whole thing.

QUOTE(GenesisX @ Sep 20 2009, 01:01 PM) So basically, this will be a rip off of Kazo's Patch? Or will this be like the other guy(Magi something(Forgot
tongue.gif
))?
I'm not sure what PaperMagician's doing, but I'm pretty sure he said he's basing this off of Kazo's.

I could just copy and paste. You just decided to take the easy and lazy way. This is a stupid translation, lemme just say that.

Also, finally, thank you for proving my point on translations for Pokemon. These obviously came over quantity over quality. It's now more about who can do what the fastest instead of making a good translation. Even then, there's no point fully translating a game with a definate English release.

Have fun walking around with your cocks out thinking you're the best because you piggybacked someone else's translation and added shitty, poorly translated dialogue. You're obviously real pro now.

SushiTheLegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
YayMii said:
Guild McCommunist said:

tongue.gif
))?

I could just copy and paste. You just decided to take the easy and lazy way. This is a stupid translation, lemme just say that.
Then why haven't you? Because it isn't that easy.

YayMii

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
1. I'm not working on this. I'm just posting it for PaperMagician.
2. The script is very very very VERY long, and it's very hard to edit the script.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Oh boy, thanks for this. I love chinglish in my pokemon games.

Oh man, if only those Tales of Innocence guys had used google translate, I bet it would have been done months ago and still retained all the features of a high quality translation!

SushiTheLegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:

Oh man, if only those Tales of Innocence guys had used google translate, I bet it would have been done months ago!
Again it's not perfect, but hey it's better than looking at Kanji and WTFing.

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:

Oh man, if only those Tales of Innocence guys had used google translate, I bet it would have been done months ago and still retained all the features of a high quality translation!
At that logic, Phantasy Star 0 would have been translated the 2nd week of it's release, or Tales of Innocence would be translated like.. 2 months Earlier

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

Did you possibly think that maybe if you google translate it you can go back and fix some of the more Engrish type sentences and make them more like actual english easier? Then you dont have to fully translate as much and take a really long time. Hell Ill be NOA does the same thing.

Oh Really?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have to agree that it is pretty stupid, however...If you have common sense, it shouldn't be too much trouble to understand what a google translated version is saying.

Pros:
Faster
Can understand with common sense

Cons:
Noobs with no common sense will not understand since google translate doesn't give perfect grammar.
People are gonna flame you

Am I gonna play it? Nope. Nor will I play any other patch until its 100% in english, which is most likely not gonna happen so I will wait for the official release. Nothing annoys me more than people playing a game in Japanese or w/e foreign language, beating it with no clue of what just happened and then bragging about how it was the best game in the world.
dry.gif

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all for this. At least with this you don't have to look at the jap and think wtf. Although it's going to just be google translate, at least it's something. The other translations are better, but are moving slower. I don't even feel like playing because of the lack of things translated. At least this will get me going.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Oh Really? said:
Cons:
Noobs with no common sense will not understand since google translate doesn't give perfect grammar.

Grammar has nothing to do with it, more often than not google translate gives you words that don't even fit into the context.

QUOTE(Kafke @ Sep 20 2009, 08:14 PM) I'm all for this. At least with this you don't have to look at the jap and think wtf. Although it's going to just be google translate, at least it's something. The other translations are better, but are moving slower. I don't even feel like playing because of the lack of things translated. At least this will get me going.

Then don't play it, wait for it to actually be released in english before playing it. Whilst you're waiting you can go and play a better game.

SushiTheLegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh Really? said:
I do have to agree that it is pretty stupid, however...If you have common sense, it shouldn't be too much trouble to understand what a google translated version is saying.

Pros:
Faster
Can understand with common sense

Cons:

Am I gonna play it? Nope. Nor will I play any other patch until its 100% in english, which is most likely not gonna happen so I will wait for the official release. Nothing annoys me more than people playing a game in Japanese or w/e foreign language, beating it with no clue of what just happened and then bragging about how it was the best game in the world.
dry.gif
I completely agree. But personally a google translated version that's pratically all translated is good. ^_~ It's just to simply help understand the game even slightly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Like not emulating the entire SNES but just a loader and the enhancement chips perhaps even...