Suzumiya Haruhi no Chokuretsu (NDS) -From Japanese to English and Russian Translation Idea-

Cerber4444

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Hello everyone! Few days ago I find out about this game by SEGA, and as a big fan of Haruhi and a DS handhelds really want to play it. But unfortunately its only on Japanese. However, trying to find a eng patch led me to a full letsplay with pretty nicely translated to russian subtitles (I speak russian best). And I thought, that maybe I'll try to patch it by my self. Few days of researching google- and everyone saying that its too complicated to translate from japanese and that's all basically.

But, further researches gave the results- now I can find any japanese text in HEX editor. But trying replacing it doesn't seem to work, eng text just doesn't appear and russian text is displayed as @@@ signs. Looks like game is just not equipped to display it at all. But game contains eng text (in main menu and "S O S" for example) so I though that I can at least translate it to english.

Now I know, that every game needs it's own approach to translate. So please, if you are good at coding and ROM hacking and also love the Haruhi franchise- contact me, we could work together to Translate this game. I will provide russian to english translation.

Here is example, I replaced part of this dialogue with english text, but it just doesn't appear:

Attachments

• Haruhi.png
    Haruhi.png
    491.5 KB · Views: 246

TigerTiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When you replaced it, did you try half-width characters or full-width? Sometimes games don't pick up half-width characters by default but they might with full-width.

Compare:
SOS half-width
SOS full-width characters

(I'm not a coder, just thought this would be interesting for you to know.) If it is full-width only, you will still need someone to help because the limitations of that aren't really viable for English translation.

Btw, there is also a partial English translated script available here :wub:

Cerber4444

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
When you replaced it, did you try half-width characters or full-width? Sometimes games don't pick up half-width characters by default but they might with full-width.

Compare:
SOS half-width
SOS full-width characters

(I'm not a coder, just thought this would be interesting for you to know.) If it is full-width only, you will still need someone to help because the limitations of that aren't really viable for English translation.

Btw, there is also a partial English translated script available :wub:
Right, I thought to my self- that's a strange looking S. But did not attach any importance to it.
Also, thanks for the link, it will help me to progress. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it