Hacking [ORIGINAL] Injectiine - Wii U Virtual Console Injector

JHoliness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't got the time to rty it again ;)
So it's working 100% without glithes? After trying it again and it doesn't work, I'll pm you to see if you can help me :)
Yep, just very minor graphical glitches as a board is introduced, but after that the board and all the minigames seem to work perfectly.

@CatmanFan Are you able to get a custom .ini located in the 'Files' folder to be moved by the script OK? I've been unsuccessful thus far so I was curious if it actually works.

PlantedWave5190

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay i found my problem solution i was using old version of python and i didnt install gba_inject, for those who are trying to inject gba games just do this first before using this tool
1st - install 32bit version of Python 3.5
2nd- download last version of gba_inject from :
https://github.com/Hking0036/inject_gba-nogui , clone it .zip file and extract it to Desktop
3rd - open windows command prompt (cmd) and type cd Desktop/inject_gba-nogui-master, press enter, after that type setup.py install , and it should install sucessfully
Now you can use the inject script normally it should work without any issues, i've just injected F-Zero MAximum Velocity and it works great :D i hope this help you guys.

By the way if you're gonna inject pokemon rom hacks you need to hexedit the rom for saving suppot just like on 3ds gba vc you can check here how to:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/fixes-for-all-gba-pokemons-save-issue-with-agb_firm.390508/

Good day guys ;)

I tried to inject Sonic Advance USA into Minish Cap EUR, but when I installed it and launched it, it boots me into a black screen, but I can still access the HOME Menu. How do I fix this problem?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
@CatmanFan Are you able to get a custom .ini located in the 'Files' folder to be moved by the script OK? I've been unsuccessful thus far so I was curious if it actually works.
I've looked in the code, and it looks fine to me. Try selecting the "Custom config .ini (5)" option and inputting your own values.

JHoliness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've looked in the code, and it looks fine to me. Try selecting the "Custom config .ini (5)" option and inputting your own values.
It's alright I fixed it, there's an issue in the script. You don't cd back to the Injectiine folder properly ready to cd into the Files folder, so the script doesn't find the .ini file. Plus, you don't cd back to the WORKDIR for option 8 after copying the .ini file, hence why it can't find the directory for creation of the .xml files.

The script looks like this:...
Code:
cls
cd ..
cd ..
cd ..
cd Files
IF NOT EXIST *.ini (copy ..\Tools\CONSOLES\N64\INIs\Blank.ini ..\Tools\CONSOLES\N64\WORKDIR\content\config\%BASEINI%.ini)
IF EXIST *.ini (copy *.ini ..\Tools\CONSOLES\N64\WORKDIR\content\config\%BASEINI%.ini)
cd ..
cd Tools
cd CONSOLES
cd N64
cls
GOTO:NextStep
...but should look like this:
Code:
cls
cd ..
cd ..
cd ..
cd ..
cd ..
cd ..
cd Files
IF NOT EXIST *.ini (copy ..\Tools\CONSOLES\N64\INIs\Blank.ini ..\Tools\CONSOLES\N64\WORKDIR\content\config\%BASEINI%.ini)
IF EXIST *.ini (copy *.ini ..\Tools\CONSOLES\N64\WORKDIR\content\config\%BASEINI%.ini)
cd ..
cd Tools
cd CONSOLES
cd N64
cd WORKDIR
cls
GOTO:NextStep
(This is from Line 378 to 394)

Reactions: CatmanFan

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I like the idea of this script but there is one thing of issue here, I think.

First is there is no list of requirements for this tool. This would be no biggie if it all was self contained but at the point where my windows (one of the too many reinstallations per year I go through) asks what to do with a .py file that I realize that maybe the reason for injections turning out non functional; even if it seems something is done as the images are processed and all the content of INPUT folder is gone for sure; just that the installable comes out as a emulator without ROM for ONE NES inject I tried many times now to make (compatibility should be given, just Battletoads that is reported functional)

Other point is just lack of explanation for some things. I get it that N64 injections are unfunny business but at least for me who has no idea about each individual type of injection and original emulators and how they work - so saying stuff like "custom .ini" - is one of those things. Can it be named anything? Or does it need to be named in specific manner? Why do I also have to specify ROM name if I want to include a custom INI is it necessary? If so how do I know how what name to give to the ROM file unless name of the file is not important to custom INI at all and I have no idea because none of it is really explained.

Which: is noob problems, yes - These just become very, very painful when the script is not producing functional end results at all (all battletoads injects I tried to make thus far from both EUR and US roms) - or the script just seemed to disappear before finishing a N64 injection I tried to run - leaving nothing to output folder but also leaving Input folder clean.

This brings one more pet peeve but in my personal opinion with leaving requirements out of the Opening post of this thread, the function of cleaning Input folder for all the files processed becomes more of an annoyance as you are working through failing conversions needing to save two files from that photoshop window you left open because when 1st and 2nd time failed you know to keep it open now as well as that ZIP file for the ROM because the script HAS to clean them up.

Sorry: TL;DR: I think the main problem is not having the requirements of this script listed clearly in Opening post, leaving a half functional script not making fully functional end results, and with that a bunch of other stuff about this script become very painful.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I like the idea of this script but there is one thing of issue here, I think.

First is there is no list of requirements for this tool. This would be no biggie if it all was self contained but at the point where my windows (one of the too many reinstallations per year I go through) asks what to do with a .py file that I realize that maybe the reason for injections turning out non functional; even if it seems something is done as the images are processed and all the content of INPUT folder is gone for sure; just that the installable comes out as a emulator without ROM for ONE NES inject I tried many times now to make (compatibility should be given, just Battletoads that is reported functional)

Other point is just lack of explanation for some things. I get it that N64 injections are unfunny business but at least for me who has no idea about each individual type of injection and original emulators and how they work - so saying stuff like "custom .ini" - is one of those things. Can it be named anything? Or does it need to be named in specific manner? Why do I also have to specify ROM name if I want to include a custom INI is it necessary? If so how do I know how what name to give to the ROM file unless name of the file is not important to custom INI at all and I have no idea because none of it is really explained.

Which: is noob problems, yes - These just become very, very painful when the script is not producing functional end results at all (all battletoads injects I tried to make thus far from both EUR and US roms) - or the script just seemed to disappear before finishing a N64 injection I tried to run - leaving nothing to output folder but also leaving Input folder clean.

This brings one more pet peeve but in my personal opinion with leaving requirements out of the Opening post of this thread, the function of cleaning Input folder for all the files processed becomes more of an annoyance as you are working through failing conversions needing to save two files from that photoshop window you left open because when 1st and 2nd time failed you know to keep it open now as well as that ZIP file for the ROM because the script HAS to clean them up.

Sorry: TL;DR: I think the main problem is not having the requirements of this script listed clearly in Opening post, leaving a half functional script not making fully functional end results, and with that a bunch of other stuff about this script become very painful.
For some reason it works fine for my Windows 7 laptop.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For some reason it works fine for my Windows 7 laptop.
Sure; with which version of Python and Java of course?
Since looking through the tools folder a lot of the tools used in the script are Java and Python tools; Python still has the whole 2.7 vs. 3.5+ issue - more so than any incompatibility that Java 7 vs java 8 would have with any tools we use at these times.

Last edited by Sumea,

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Python 3.4 and Java 8 update 60.
I am reinstalling Python and rebooting then, going with 3.6. Otherwise I am on Windows 8.1 so if it is not python there is either UAC or other data access issue caused by "security" or other mystical problem. I am sure for most people this works, most have functional Java and Python setups around here.

JuanjoCrack23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have a problem, when I want to inject a N64 games and select a base that is in injectiine, it closes when it is going to download the base, and when I use a custom base, it runs, but doesn´t install in my wii u, it shows an error in WUP Installer, how can I solve this??

MO35AB

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Try compiling the injection in Loadiine format and then check the code, content and meta folders if they have all files included.

i compiled the game in both formats, now the game boots and stops at a black screen, i can open the VC menu though :/

Ankpi

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
CatmanFan, First of all I wanna thank you for your work, it's really awesome how you make things easier for us! thanks very much!
Then I need HEEEELP! with your tool... I just inJected fine N64 like POKEMON STADIUM and is working flawlessly!! But... I just cant make my personalized boottv logo and icontex to appear! I just dont know why! I place my files in "FILES" 128x128 for the logo and 1280x720 for boot tv tex but nothing!!! I just keep getting EXCITEBIKE or DK64 boots (depending of the base) So... any suggests? Im using WINDOWS 10 by the way... do you think it could be the problem? I have a Little son and I REALLY NEED the correct logos to show up cause he haven´t learned to read yet and as you can imagine... it's very hard for him to select the correct game!
secondary... I JUST CANT INJECT A SNES GAME! IT ALWAYS SHOWS AND ERROR WHEN I RUN THE GAME.. Curiously custom logo appears on my WII u when I install it with WUP INSTALLER, but when I run it it showa an error saying "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE GAME YOURE TRYINGTO USE, PLEASE SWITCH OFF YOUR CONSOLE AND THEN EREASE THE PROGRAM AND DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN FROM E-SHOP" This is really killing me... I spent 4 hours trying to fix it but nothing.... Im dying for play BATLETOADS IN BATTLEMANIACS with my PRO CONTROLLER... really... Could you please or somebody guys here help me? Ill really aprecciate it!!
Is my first post here as you can see but with GBATEMP guys help Ill never got stuck in modding, but this time agggghhh!!! I can´t stand it anymore! Really... Im a very nostalgic player and with your finest work creating this tool INJECTIINE... you made my day!! you're the best!... NINTENDO RULEZ..

Reactions: CatmanFan

Tapedeck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.waitesweep.com
XP
Country
I've been frustrated trying to get an N64 injection to work. All I want is Wave Race 64.
Tempted to just buy it for the 100th time from the eShop at this point. Before I give up, I've a couple of questions...

It asks for a base rom to use when you start. Which option do you choose? Could this be explained? Does it have to match the region you have etc? Very confused...
I looked at the website for compatibility and for WR64 it says use Mario Golf for the .ini file. I downloaded this as a text file from the website. So where do I input the ini? I added it into file and it just ended injectiine when you run. Was I meant to rename it something?

It asks me to define a custom ini/rom name? What do I do here?
It asks me in Injectiine which config.ini to use. Do I pick .ini file from files?

Could someone just upload a video? Would be a massive help for N64 injections.

EddieEddie90

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Doesn't work at least for me. When it's already creating the game the window closes abruptly for no apparent reason and my files on the "Files" folder are all gone.

Ankpi

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
EddieEddie90. The error you're getting here its because your antirvirus is blocking the program, i Had the same issue and solved it by disabling antivirus temporally. Disable it and try again, then you'll have your file in output folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If someone here help me to successfully inject an SNES GAME I'll upload a video explaining step by step se N64 INJECTION. I can inject N64 without any problems, but I can't set my custom boot logo and custom icon in N64 ROMS. someone heeeeeeeeeelp. CatManFan, save us.

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EddieEddie90. The error you're getting here its because your antirvirus is blocking the program, i Had the same issue and solved it by disabling antivirus temporally. Disable it and try again, then you'll have your file in output folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If someone here help me to successfully inject an SNES GAME I'll upload a video explaining step by step se N64 INJECTION. I can inject N64 without any problems, but I can't set my custom boot logo and custom icon in N64 ROMS. someone heeeeeeeeeelp. CatManFan, save us.
video

Attachments

• video snes.rar
    9.6 MB · Views: 336
Reactions: Ankpi

Ankpi

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Matto21. Hey thanks man, I really appreciate that, no problem about English, mine is not perfect too. As I said, I will upload a video for n64 injection for our friends, Working on it....

But... I still need help for my boot logo and icon appears in my n64 injections. I was wondering it could be my pc OS, is windows10.havent tryed on win 7. Any suggets?
Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch