AmeenX

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria
This Hack is a saving function fix for all the pokemon gba games, for all languages, for all versions (1.0 / 1.1).

[Fire Red, Leaf green, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald]

This hack was initially made by RIKU (gbatemp) then dumped and improved by Yafee and AmeenX!

Usage:

Warning: - Don't use Sram patch, just apply this hex mod and you're good to go
- If you wanna apply this to a 32MB hack rom, apply the ROM hack ips to the pokemon rom then apply this hex mod!

u8fbXwy.jpg

Open the desired ROM in a hex editor and find the following string:

Code:
D0 88 8D 83 42

mtoRog0.png

Note: This string can be found in two different locations in some ROMs, make sur you find and edit both of them!

Also the strings can be found in two different lengths:

Code:
D0888D8342 [xx xx xx] 2410491068

Or

Code:
D0888D8342 [xx xx xx xx] 2410491068

Edit stricly what's between
Code:
D0888D8342 [and] 2410491068

Replace the xx by 00

Exemple:

uBP4F6O.png

Kf6ptDW.png

The footer is the same for all pokemon games

YOs4drc.png

For 32mb pokemon ROM hacks

STmTw1R.png

Last edited by AmeenX, , Reason: update

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Isn't Fire Red one of those games that require a special kind of saving?
Is one of the reasons why I hate people grab Fire Red as a basis for whatever hack they make. XD

AmeenX

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria
The issue has been fixed apparently on the iso site

Pokémon - FireRed VersionSave Works - Special Thanks To: *SNIP*

Last edited by Veho, , Reason: No linking to ROM sites.

AmeenX

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria
Here is an ips patch for pokemon fire red U 1.0 that that solves the save issue via an asm hack mod by & thanks to Riku!
The footer is included aswell
Note: it's save fine after the elite four!!!

Last edited by AmeenX,
D

Deleted-236924

A bit of a necrobump but what exactly does this change? Does this properly allow you to continue past the E4?
Does this make the game keep a 128KB save file properly? And AGB_FIRM can handle it properly?

Because initially it was thought AGB_FIRM didn't support 128KB save files so thats why people were resorting to using a patch to change the save type to 64KB, but that caused a problem with the game deleting the save file after the E4. Does this hex edit prevent this problem? Does it still use a 64KB save size except without the save corruption problem? Or does it properly use 128KB save file?

It seems to generate a 128KB save file in VBA, but curious to know how it works with AGB_FIRM.

Last edited by ,

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of a necrobump but what exactly does this change? Does this properly allow you to continue past the E4?
Does this make the game keep a 128KB save file properly? And AGB_FIRM can handle it properly?

Because initially it was thought AGB_FIRM didn't support 128KB save files so thats why people were resorting to using a patch to change the save type to 64KB, but that caused a problem with the game deleting the save file after the E4. Does this hex edit prevent this problem? Does it still use a 64KB save size except without the save corruption problem? Or does it properly use 128KB save file?

It seems to generate a 128KB save file in VBA, but curious to know how it works with AGB_FIRM.
I haven't personally gone past the elite four with the hex edited version, but if you look back on AmeenX's posts in this thread you will see mentioned:
Here is an ips patch for pokemon fire red U 1.0 that that solves the save issue via an asm hack mod by & thanks to Riku!
The footer is included aswell
Note: it's save fine after the elite four!!!
It appears the patches were later removed and the hex editing technique was directly explained instead, so it should work assuming the hex technique is the same one used to provide the results mentioned by AmeenX in that quote.

Bombadonche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey,
I downloaded a pokemon emerald romhack (16 MB)which include day / night system ; I applied this fix and took care to activate RTC option on the footer,but the game is stuck on night;
no internal battery problem message,just the corrupt save thing who doesn't really matter

I don't really care if I don't have the day / night system (would be cool tho) but would just like to at least have my game on daytime.
Anyone could help please? :x

Anim3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey im having the same issue as the other users in which the game states the battery has run dry, is there anything i can do to fix this problem?

guruFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, this fixed my Pokemon Fire Red, but when I boot up emerald it just straight up tells me that the save was deleted and I'm forced to start a new game.

Any way to fix this?

Reactions: AhsanMC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Accidently ok. :tpi: