Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
I'd rather not, I am lover, not a fighter.

What's the difference?
blush.gif

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
This law, as well as the interdiction for gay people to join is stupid imo. I find it disturbing because it categorizes gay people as different than others. It creates divergences who should not exist.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
geminisama said:
The "Don't ask don't tell policy", just reminds me of one major flaw they teach kids; "No matter what, be yourself", so people do, and they're bullied by their peers, employers, government, etc. Kinda sad really, because what they should be telling young people is, "Be yourself, unless it's something greater society doesn't like, otherwise you can get in trouble, fired, beaten, etc.
biggrin.gif
"

It just gets me something like THIS is such an issue, in a country that constantly brags about how free it is; but everyone has to fight tooth and nail to gain rights for such simple things.

Lol your so right
I act myself and I get in shit so people tell me "Act yourself when youre not around other people, pretend youre someone else then"

Its a sad sad society ;p
I act myself, and give not a single fuck about how others think of me. You see, I may put others before myself, but I'll be damned if I have to have even a shred of dignity to do it. If anyone says otherwise, you can proceed to get on your hands and knees and prepare yourselves for a kick to the face.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Vidboy10 said:
Vidboy10 said:
Even though I had no intentions of joining the military,
You should.
Until your boyfriend looses control and then file a divorce and then shit will hit the fan.
Not going to happen.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
The implications should scare the hell out of terrorists. You'll be shot if you're lucky....

Just like female insurgents should fear being raped by all those heterosexual soldiers, I guess...?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Pliskron said:
The implications should scare the hell out of terrorists. You'll be shot if you're lucky....

Just like female insurgents should fear being raped by all those heterosexual soldiers, I guess...?
If you mean shot then yes, otherwise only in rare occasions. (Are females even allowed to join the insurgency?
unsure.gif
)

Vidboy10

Tsardom
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vidboy10 said:
Vidboy10 said:
Even though I had no intentions of joining the military,
You should.
Until your boyfriend looses control and then file a divorce and then shit will hit the fan.
Not going to happen.
It will, trust me, everyone breaks up with someone.
He will leave you in the future.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentum Vir said:
BlueStar said:
Pliskron said:

If you mean shot then yes, otherwise only in rare occasions. (Are females even allowed to join the insurgency?
unsure.gif
)

There are certainly female members of islamist terror groups. I presumed the implication in the tail-off was that if they're lucky they'll get shot, if not they might get bummed to death by those sex-crazed gays, all drunk with the knew found power of not having to fight for their country while under-cover in their own unit as a pretend heterosexual.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@VidBoy: It IS a little naive to think that it wouldn't happen, but you don't even know how his relationship is. I know plenty of people that stayed with the person they dated in High School. Granted they were all straight, but I am sure it's the same for gay relationships.
smile.gif

NINJA: No one saw anything!!

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, Vidboy. Way to lose what little respect anyone actually had for you.

Stephapanda

Clover's Wife
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*snip
---

On-topic: I'm glad to see this is being changed. It's nice to see gays and lesbians will be able to be open about their sexual orientation.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we really need this? REALLY? What is the benefit to letting gays be openly gay in the military? There was a survey done on troops that aired in the news that stated most troops wouldn't serve and would consider leaving the military if they had to serve next to an openly gay troop. Title needs to be changed too, gays have always been able to join the military, it was just so they don't beat the shit out of by other troops, they keep quiet about it. But here we go again with the gay community getting their panties in a bunch because someone doesn't want to hear about "GAY PRIDE LOLOLOL!!!1!!1". Give me one benefit to this and prove to me this isn't a giant waste of time.

EDIT: OK,the post looked bad, basically I don't have anything against gays, I just think the U.S. has more important issues than this right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and sticky