dude3991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Name: Blazer Drive

Genre: RPG

Release Date: 12/04/08

Description: This review pretty much sums it up: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/review/R130786.html

949767_106656_front.jpg

949767_106656_back.jpg

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXh5HX8hIZM

I seriously doubt this will get translated.

Also one last plead for someone to translate Shounen Sunday x Shounen Magazine: White Comic.

A video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iRUNXn5d8c...feature=related

A menu translation would suffice, please!

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Introduction:Naruto Shippuden: Dairensen! Kage BUnshin Emaki! 02/14/08 JP The first thing you want in a Naruto game is too adventure through the world of Naruto with an rpg feel and all the fights from the arcs. This delivered that in a whopping 2 ARCS from the anime.The previous Naruto games were too easy, too hard, or boring rpg's that aren't worth there price. You will soon see how this game can pull that off.
Info
Graphics 10/10: The game graphics look very animated and in special attacks take the anime visuals. The best part of this game is that the characters look exactly like the anime so the anime visuals go very well regardless of opinions. And plus the gameplay animations look quick and natural. text and menus have enough life for a portable game due to the excellent use of colors.

soundtrack 9/10: Good, the music feels catchy and they match there stages without being distracting and obnoxious. The sound is great because of the voice actors which although arent used in the dialogue they were a great addition. the soundtrack isn't very laggy and matches well. (allot of things match in this game cool.)

Gameplay 8/10: Its low in replay value and short but its quality material. Its like Uzumaki Chronicles but with balanced difficulty and a legend of zelda type exploration. There are support characters that can interuppt a combo or defeat a weak enemy. But the attacks such as rasengan hurt hard so there is no loss in fun. The modes include story mode (obviously exploring both arcs.) And vs mode (one on four or four real people if they have there own game card copy.) So you can tell its lacking due to the fact that you can beat it in 2-3 days and that the vs mode is a strange mini-game of flag capturing. Its however the best for games in the naruto franchise (ultimate ninja accel is another short game yet with excellent replay value. So I guess there is no excuse.) Thankfully the bosses are either unique or hard so it doesn't make the game seem generic. Screens: If it is possible, It would be nice if the menus and items were translated. Script is not that important. That is all that is needed to complete the game. Thank you! by the way kosheh and noitora started a project on this but they quit.

pittrevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game name
TINGLES%20BALLOON%20FIGTH%20DS.jpg

Tingle's Balloon Fight DS (????? ????????DS, Chinkuru no Bar?n Faito DS)

Release date
April 2007

Game info

Tingle's Balloon Fight DS is a Nintendo DS arcade-style platform game published and developed by Nintendo for the Nintendo DS handheld game console, solely available to Platinum Club Nintendo members. Tingle's Balloon Fight DS is the second Tingle-centric game for DS, the first being Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. It is based on The Legend of Zelda and Balloon Fight, making it the third entry in the latter franchise, following Balloon Fight and Balloon Kid. The premise of Tingle's Balloon Fight DS involves Tingle challenging the "Balloon Fighting Spirit" of the bosom oak. It uses the same game design as Balloon Fight. The game has three modes: Balloon Fight (single-player), local wireless Balloon Fighting Spirit (2–4 players), and Balloon Trip (single-player). Performing various accomplishments throughout the game (winning multiplayer matches, achievements in scoring and other methods) unlocks artwork in a gallery of Tingle portraits, available on the options screen of the game. It's impossible to achieve these accomplishments or understand any of the submenus if you don't read Japanese. There isn't very much text and I believe it's all in menus so this would be a very good small project for someone. I'd love to see it in English
smile.gif

Screenshots
942559-screen1_super.png
3.png
4.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StXMWDyhHVE

Offering
I'd be happy to be of help in whatever capacity I can. Unfortunately I do not speak Japanese.

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
If all the text of that game are easy (not long explanations and stuff) I could do the translation (I hope I can) and if somebody can edit the text then I don't mind doing it
smile.gif

pittrevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N-TG said:
If all the text of that game are easy (not long explanations and stuff) I could do the translation (I hope I can) and if somebody can edit the text then I don't mind doing it
smile.gif

QUOTE(luke_c @ Dec 23 2009, 07:34 PM) If anyone can get the text files dumped for any of these, i may do a few menu translations.
smile.gif
Yay! Yay! I'd be happy to dump the text, but Google reveals no software or tutorials on how to do so
frown.gif
Can someone either teach me how to do it or if it's simple enough just do it for me? Again I'd be happy to do it, I just don't know how and Google leaves me fruitless.

yuki019

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kuragari Ryo said:
Game name
Kaijuu Busters

Release date
12/03/09 (Bandai-Namco)

Game info
A multiplayer action-RPG that sorta resembles Monster Hunter in many ways.

Screenshots
961756_127913_front.jpg

kaiju-buster-ds-3.jpg

03-1.jpg

3983616736_fdd9e93943_o.jpg

Trailer

Your offering
Blaah, I got nothin' aside willingness to beta test and etc.

This looks promising.
I vote for this one too.
grog.gif

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
pittrevo said:
N-TG said:
smile.gif

QUOTE(luke_c @ Dec 23 2009, 07:34 PM) If anyone can get the text files dumped for any of these, i may do a few menu translations.
smile.gif
Yay! Yay! I'd be happy to dump the text, but Google reveals no software or tutorials on how to do so
frown.gif
Can someone either teach me how to do it or if it's simple enough just do it for me? Again I'd be happy to do it, I just don't know how and Google leaves me fruitless.
You've gotta locate where the text is stored (Using a Hex editor.) and find which encoding it uses etc, then write a de-packer to dump the script, and a re-packer to repack it later. I'm no good with programming so this part leaves me stuck translating games, but if someone could make some of the tools i'd be happy to put Love Hina's bazillion line dialogue back and try a few others.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Shipuh said:
Hmmm, I'm a translator...but I'm looking for the reverse of this thread.

I do have coding experience, and hacking wouldn't be too hard for me to do, but the problem is I switched to mac last year.

Are there no threads to request for help from hackers? It just seems that only translators are in demand.

I can help translate someones game...but in exchange do you think I could get hacking help for a game I want to translate?

Where can I post for that kind of help?

I think there should be an Official Hacker Request Thread too. ;_;

Which brings me to my Hacker-request....

5787.png

Game name:
Kyoukugen Dasshutsu 9 Jikan 9 nin 9 no Tobira: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

Release date:
2009-12-10

Game info:
Junpei is just a university student. But one day, he finds himself being in a strange room when he wakes up. He looks around and finds "5" written in red on the wall. Though he is still confused, he starts thinking about how he can get out of the room. He tries to remember what happened last night.... Yes, a man wearing gas mask! When he got home, he was attacked by him! Just before Junpei lost his consciousness, the man said, "You're gonna take part in a game...."

999.png

Play novel horror puzzle game developed by Chunsoft and published by Spike for Nintendo DS in Japan.
Nine People have been kidnapped, each person has a bracelet/watch numbered 1-9 alongside 9 doors and 9 hours in which to escape. To enter the required door the people need to team up to match the number on the door i.e to open door number 4 needs to be bracelet number 1+3 to enter together, causing people to split up and explore different areas. Once inside said door you are locked in and required to finish a puzzle in order to leave.

Screenshots:

RiT1k53adcUXB594qOvx8j8tWSnnr7d2.jpg
ElRK46CEIltY19Be8bkpO8BMjX9EY8N2.jpg

tjv7179264N677kc9rNzlPaLaKb7Aiao.jpg
GYGu28jh99Y1Te6FU66cMLODc2379Bt3.jpg
mU71Jd9BFmsqO27M93P5UHL8X1vjtngR.jpg

Demo:
http://www.chunsoft.co.jp/games/999/ds/experience/

My offering:
Anything besides the hacking. Translation, image editing, etc.. we only need a hacker who'd be able to extract the text/images and insert the edited script/images back into the game.

dude3991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, that game looks great! Wish I could help but sadly I have no hacking skills! I might start to learn in the new year though! Someone please help the above poster out!

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
+1 Vote to Kaijuu Busters please!

despite not looking very pretty graphics wise (and being that your character doesn't exactly have conventional XP/lvl up in ARPGs), it actually has some depth in it in that it has gear making features, really-scary badass bosses (LOL at huge eye boss), and Ultraman's silhouette in the intro text (Urutora BI~MU!).

+1 Vote to 9 Hours/Persons/Doors as well, as it seems pretty interesting.

eveyasha

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
please anyone translate 3397 - Shining Force Feather (J)

its freakin awesome....
sforce_feather.jpg

shining_force_ds_cgmain99.jpg

shiningforcefeathersf6.jpg

w867.png

thanks gbatemp ....
rolleyes.gif
i hope this will tranlate soon

corr0126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game name
Power Pocket Koushien

Release date
08/04/05

Game info
its an arcade style baseball game with rpg elements similar to MLB Power Pros 2008(the only american release)you can also make custom teams and play through a story mode

Screenshots
925578_61389_back.jpg

925578_61389_front.jpg

Game name
Atsumare! Power Pro Kun no DS Koushien

Release date
08/03/06

Game info
its an arcade style baseball game with rpg elements similar to MLB Power Pros 2008(the only american release)you can also make custom teams and play through a story mode

Screenshots
933405_76260_front.jpg

933405_76260_back.jpg

Game name
Power Pro Kun Pocket 8

Release date
12/01/05

Game info

Screenshots
929819_69964_front.jpg

929819_69964_back.jpg

Game name
Power Pro Kun Pocket 9

Release date
12/07/06

Game info

Screenshots
930502_71097_front.jpg

930502_71097_back.jpg

Game name
Power Pro Kun Pocket 10

Release date
12/06/07

Game info

Screenshots
943324_96162_front.jpg

943324_96162_back.jpg

Game name
Power Pro-Kun Pocket 11

Release date
12/18/08

Game info

Screenshots
953902_113174_front.jpg

953902_113174_back.jpg

Game name
Power Pro-Kun Pocket 12

Release date
12/03/09

Game info

Screenshots
975215_142412_front.jpg

the only reason why I asked for the whole series is because I like this series(and the show ps3 games as well)and it gives ny gdad something to do hes been hooked on mlb power pros on wii and ds if these games get translated I will be so happy thanks and happy new year!!!!!!! and yes the game info is the same on all of them

corr0126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
scp89100 said:
Game name
Saka Tsuku DS Touch and Direct

Release date
20th November 2008 (Japan)

Game info
Saka Tsuku DS Touch and Direct is a famous soccer/gestion game in Japan. You are a manager and you have to create a soccer team (emblem, flag, kits,stadium…) .You have to buy and sell players to have the best team and win the J.league championship. You can see the match in 3D. the game is all playable with the nds-stick

Screenshots
61F7tH0cAvL._SS400_.jpg
200811190957567218.jpg
10.jpg
9.jpg

that game looks awsome someone should maybe get one this

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coropata, a sort of an Incredible Machines + Lemmings game where you have to guide a little girl through various levels:

The text appears to be sitting right there inside the /data/demo/Script000.dat to Script070.dat files in plaintext shift-JIS format if you open the ROM up in CrystalTile or DSbuff or whatever. So this would probably be a very easy ROM for someone inexperienced with romhacking to translate. (Also, the descriptions of the items are, for some reason, in its arm9.bin.)

Also, it seems you can just expand those files to add more text to the speech bubbles no problem.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
miruki said:
Game name:
Kyoukugen Dasshutsu 9 Jikan 9 nin 9 no Tobira: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors

My offering:
Anything besides the hacking. Translation, image editing, etc.. we only need a hacker who'd be able to extract the text/images and insert the edited script/images back into the game.
I know very little about romhacking, but just opening the rom in crystaltile, I can find what appears to be a large amount of the game's Japanese text inside the various scr/xyz.fsb files, in plaintext shift-JIS again. The system messages are in etc/sysmes.dat (Note that dsbuff fails to open it properly -- use crystaltile.)

I suppose I could dump that text for you if you want, but it would probably be easier just to fiddle with it in Crystaltile yourself -- editing straightforward plaintext using Crystaltile is easy. Well, comparatively easy. Assuming there's enough room and you don't have problems with control codes and...

Anyway, take a look at it. This probably isn't going to be all the text -- just by throwing it at babelfish, it looks like it's the text from the game's puzzles -- and it won't help you deal with the game's movies, where a lot of the plot is, but it would be a good place to start.

Here, some random text I grabbed from the game as proof:
????????????? ?????????????????????? ???????????????????????????
...there is the system message you get when you first turn it on (presumably about creating a new save file.)

@??????? @??????? @??????? @?????? @?????????? @????????? @????? @???? @??????? @???? @??? @?????? @????? @??????? @????? @
...this is some random text I grabbed. It looks like a bunch of nouns and names of items, when I feed it into babelfish.

?????????????????????????????? ?????????????? ?????? ?????????????????????????? ????????????????????????? ?????? ???????????????? ?????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????? ?????????? ????????? ??????????? ?????????? ????????? ??????????????????? ????????????????????????????? ????????? ????????????????????? ???????? ?????????????????????????? ??????????
Some text I grabbed from further down, with control codes mixed in. I don't know what this is.

Contact me if you still need help. I mean, I'm not a romhacking expert, but it looks like there's a lot of text in that game's rom that could be translated fairly easily. (Well, then there's still formatting, and bugchecking, and movies and images to worry about, and probably places where there won't be enough space... there's a lot to romhacking. But a quick-and-dirty start could be done pretty easily, at least.)

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ruri said:
Coropata, a sort of an Incredible Machines + Lemmings game where you have to guide a little girl through various levels:

The text appears to be sitting right there inside the /data/demo/Script000.dat to Script070.dat files in plaintext shift-JIS format if you open the ROM up in CrystalTile or DSbuff or whatever. So this would probably be a very easy ROM for someone inexperienced with romhacking to translate. (Also, the descriptions of the items are, for some reason, in its arm9.bin.)

Also, it seems you can just expand those files to add more text to the speech bubbles no problem.
Just did a little bit of texthacking.
himawari.png

I kinda have to get my ass to work, so yeah - I realize there's a problem with the text wrapping ):

I'll fix it later.
And with some progress I'll make a topic. :V

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yaaaay! \o/

BTW Noitora, would you be able to condense the text so a little more can fit on the line? It's fullwidth spacing I think D:

Actually, is it possible to replace the font with an US one? I'll...try it @_@

p.s. oh, mr. uzumakijl offered to help as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F