Assax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Luna said:
I would like to hear an unbiased opinion. Also any reviews so far?

And there is also a Master Quest Variant?

Ign has a review for Links Awakening on the 3DS, check Metacritics for OoT on 3DS it has a metascore of 95 so far.
Master Quest unlocks after you finish the initial playthrough.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the first time I've played it and I have to admit its quite good. The graphics, I admit, aren't the best and there's ghosting every now and then, but other than that it's a solid game. And Navi isn't annoying, don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
30084pm said:
This is the first time I've played it and I have to admit its quite good. The graphics, I admit, aren't the best and there's ghosting every now and then, but other than that it's a solid game. And Navi isn't annoying, don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise.
Yes. With the rumours about Navi being more annoying I was wondering how that even was possible lol.
But this time around, its not so bad
smile.gif

Roebb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tanveer said:
Alright, just played for 10 minutes and Link's ghosting is pretty noticeable.
Is it just me :/? In dark areas its pretty damn almost like there is 2 Link, even the 3D slider almost close to bottom. Even at brighter areas, Link's ghosting is clearly noticeable -.-.
My 3DS battery died, and cant sit where its charging comfortably lol, gotta wait :/

Yeah, i noticed that, too.
Thats why i alway turn 3D off whenever I'm in the Lost Woods, with its dozens of dark tunnels, leading to other dark tunnels and my 2 ghost links appearing in each of them... scary..
But well, thats the only area where im really annoyed of ghosting.

I hope it wont be an issue in the forest or shadow temple.

But aside from that, im actually quite impressed about the 3D effect.

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just got my game 2 hours ago... batterie died too... *charges*

Deku Tree is almost done.
smile.gif
But hell yeah the ghosting IS noticeable. It gets worse if you enter the Kokiri Shop. But as it only lasts for some areas it's okay. Apart from that, the game looks really great compared to the N64 version, or the one I got on the virtual console of my Wii. (Just bought it but never played it though when I heard that it will be out for 3DS anyway)

Textures are way clearer, and I really love the 3D effect.
ohmy.gif
I'm just as exited to clear the game as I have been when I was younger and finally got my brother to move his ass away from the N64 when he bought Zelda ages ago.

Also, the possilillity to look around by moving the 3DS is kinda addicting. ^^ I wouldn't use it while being on the train or whatever though, so it's nice that it works with the slidepad too.

Well... I'd say a little more but... I'm afraid I can't wait any longer to go on playing so... see ya around.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The ghosting effect gets worse if you even move the 3DS by a centimeter literally. However if you maintain the sweetspot its not a big issue.
I am guessing the sweetspot with this game is a little too hard to achieve
tongue.gif
? I mean I have played SSFIV and I didnt get any ghosting effect when I was button mashing like crazy and the 3DS moved quite a bit...

Played 2 hours straight with 3D full on, no headaches
biggrin.gif
, but annoying ghosting crap :/.

I remember my first day with the 3DS, 10 minutes of 3D and my eyes got wet
tongue.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if the ghosting is similar to that of PilotWings... I solved that by having my 3DS a bit closer then usual and tilting it up and down. Has anyone tried that?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Slyakin said:
I wonder if the ghosting is similar to that of PilotWings... I solved that by having my 3DS a bit closer then usual and tilting it up and down. Has anyone tried that?
I have. I have been experimenting it from different distance and different lighting areas.
Played next to my window, then in dark room, normal lighting.. not much difference really.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
Slyakin said:
I have. I have been experimenting it from different distance and different lighting areas.
Played next to my window, then in dark room, normal lighting.. not much difference really.
Damn. At least 3d isn't necessary!
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

The game looks and plays fantastic! The 3D effect is stunning, but then again, I never thought it wouldn't be. Off to play some more.
smile.gif

BTW: I saw a nice Zelda billboard while I was outside and snapped a photo of it:
Flickr / 3D Version

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Tanveer said:
Just wondering, anyone started Master Quest yet? Unlikely yet, but just a question lol.

I haven't even started the game yet
dry.gif

Got it this morning, quickly did streetpass quest as it got a hit when at the game store, placed OoT in my 3DS... and have then been distracted by "more important" things.
mad.gif

I WANT TO PLAY MY GAME!!!

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Plenty of time over the weekend
tongue.gif
lol.
I am just rushing to do a Master Quest playthrough
smile.gif
the controls feel really good to be honest, the touch screen is a great addition
biggrin.gif

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Two days ago, passed though my local GAME and went in, asked if they were selling it early. Well they did, and i even got the second golden
yaynds.gif

Anyway, i'm in the forest temple right now, and i have to say the graphics are beautifull. It's light year ahead of the n64 version. But sadly, i can't say the same about le 3D effect.

For me, it doesn't work, i mean, it works perfect in Pilotwings, but in zelda, everything is blurry and dedoubled a bit no matter what i do.
Moreover, even if i manage to find the perfect configuration to make it look acceptable, as soon as i get into first view and use the 3ds to directly aim, well, you can't see anything anymore since obviously, you're moving the 3ds around, didn't they think of that ?
unsure.gif

So it's 2d for me, and it's good, the graphics look so sharp that way that i'd be a shame to blur them with 3d mode.

Also the ocarina mapping is weird, everything seems backward. Up RIght Left Up RIght Left for zelda's lullaby just feels wrong, i don't get why they couldn't keep the n64 (and every other games, actually) version of the songs (for the lullaby, obviously left up right ...).

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tanveer said:
wiibob said:
Tanveer said:
Is it just me :/? In dark areas its pretty damn almost like there is 2 Link, even the 3D slider almost close to bottom. Even at brighter areas, Link's ghosting is clearly noticeable -.-.
My 3DS battery died, and cant seat where its charging comfortably lol, gotta wait :/
atleast you dont have to wait 2 more days
rolleyes.gif
The wait is not the problem, but the ghosting is really noticeable.
Someone mentioned it before and I thought it could be due to the backlight around you..

But still, it could be just me
smile.gif
. Going to continue with it and see. Heck, if I see ghosting effect at 3D slider at that low than there is something to it :/
I noticed it before and I told it on here. It simply ruins the game.. Oh and I am adult link now
smile.gif

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
flobo said:
Two days ago, passed though my local GAME and went in, asked if they were selling it early. Well they did, and i even got the second golden
yaynds.gif

Anyway, i'm in the forest temple right now, and i have to say the graphics are beautifull. It's light year ahead of the n64 version. But sadly, i can't say the same about le 3D effect.

For me, it doesn't work, i mean, it works perfect in Pilotwings, but in zelda, everything is blurry and dedoubled a bit no matter what i do.
Moreover, even if i manage to find the perfect configuration to make it look acceptable, as soon as i get into first view and use the 3ds to directly aim, well, you can't see anything anymore since obviously, you're moving the 3ds around, didn't they think of that ?
unsure.gif

So it's 2d for me, and it's good, the graphics look so sharp that way that i'd be a shame to blur them with 3d mode.

Also the ocarina mapping is weird, everything seems backward. Up RIght Left Up RIght Left for zelda's lullaby just feels wrong, i don't get why they couldn't keep the n64 (and every other games, actually) version of the songs (for the lullaby, obviously left up right ...).

I've played for an hour and found no such prolem with the 3d, had about 2 seconds of double vision briefly but that may have been me.
The gyro aiming is brilliant, and much more accurate than I thought it would be- also it requires less moving about than face raiders which is good for discreet at-the-desk gaming.

Agree with the odd Ocarina mapping though- they should have used the D-pad.

And Navi really IS more annoying- first walk across Hyrule field at night and she says 'hey' between every single sword strike- can't it see I know what I'm doing?!

On the upside climbing, crawling and movement in general is all a bit quicker, and the analog nub is actually more accurate than a stick in my opinion. Is this improvement on perfection?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quincy said:
Tanveer said:
wiibob said:
Tanveer said:
My 3DS battery died, and cant seat where its charging comfortably lol, gotta wait :/
atleast you dont have to wait 2 more days
rolleyes.gif

The wait is not the problem, but the ghosting is really noticeable.
Someone mentioned it before and I thought it could be due to the backlight around you..

But still, it could be just me
smile.gif
. Going to continue with it and see. Heck, if I see ghosting effect at 3D slider at that low than there is something to it :/
I noticed it before and I told it on here. It simply ruins the game.. Oh and I am adult link now
smile.gif

I am almost adult too
tongue.gif
! Just distracted by 'temp and youtube lol.

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Jun 17 2011, 04:27 PM)
Oh yeah, has anyone tried a higher brightness to see if the ghosting goes away?

What about powersaving?
I will go full brightness after a break
smile.gif
If you move around, you can adjust/minimize the ghosting of Link, but it sure is annoying and not completely effective.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo