Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is it using the SD card as a safer way to install games to the NAND and can I delete the contents of the install folder once the games have been downloaded or do I need to keep them?
I believe that you can set up NUSSpli to either download install files to the SD card or NAND. NAND is definitely not recommended (ideally, you'd want to keep your NAND space as free as possible, with as little writes/reads to it as possible as well) so SD card is the default. Usually, as far as I know, install files on the SD card are removed after a successful installation unless you stated somewhere in its settings to keep the install files. Provided that installation was indeed successful, you're free to remove those install files from the SD card to free up some space.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Indeed, a install folder exists where some data stays after uninstallation, are their any other place leftover resides?
Could Nuspli introduces a new fonction to cleanup completly the wiiU's nad like CCleaner does on a pc? A possible interesting option towards this really good tool.

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
It seems my bug report has been ignored on GitHub, so I will just report it here as well.

The Wii Remote inputs become repeated if the Wii U GamePad is not connected when using NUSSpli. Example, you open the app without the GamePad, try to navegate in the menu, and the D-Pad input will be repeatedly done in a loop, if you press A, the console will register as you press A constantly, which makes the app imposible to use. I'm using the Aroma WUHB version.

C-Money

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting error code 150-3030 when I open up the game I downloaded from NUSSpli. I downloaded it as well as the update software onto my SD card and installed them using the WUP installer. I was using Tiramisu because I worried I would get error code 150-3030 when opening NUSSpli using Aroma, which would happen EVERY TIME I WOULD TRY TO OPEN A HOMEBREW APP USING AROMA, INCLUDING NUSSPLI. What did I do wrong? I tried installing the game with the update software, and I still got the error, by the way.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into a strange Nusspil update error. I had to delete and install a new version of Aroma because the version I had got caught in a boot loop. Anywho I got a new version and installed a lot of things. One of them being the Wii U Time Sync plugin. Once I went to open Nusspil and got the update message (using current version 1.141). But I got an error that reads "SSL error: Verification failed! Check your Wii Us date time and setting" I took a look and sure enough the plugin didn't have my time right, but the date was correct. I just needed to add 6 hours on my Wii U and the app synced the time up correctly. But when I ran Nusspil again I got the same error. Even though my Wii U has my correct time and date. Is there something I'm missing? Just wanted to report.

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Sowden There where some server maintainance on our end last days, so the servers where offline from time to time.
AFAIK there where no downtimes last 12 hours (if not more) through, so did you really experience this just 30 seconds ago? If so the time sync plugin might have changed the clock back to beeing off while loading NUSspli (plugins reload on app loading) but then again 6 hours shouldnt be enough for the certificate to be out of date...

Oh damn, found the problem... We reduced DNS entries to a minimum (removing subdomain entries and changing to wildcard entries) but that's incompatible with our CAA DNS entries (to make the SSL stronger), meaning all our important subdomains are invalid / none resolvable right now!
Restored the needed DNS entries for NUSsplis update check while we spoke but it might need some time for caching servers to pick that change up. So in the meantime just press (B) on that red screen to skip the update check, the rest of NUSspli should continue to work normally (NUSspli is designed to work even when our servers are gone).

//EDIT: Wait...
Once I went to open Nusspil and got the update message (using current version 1.141). But I got an error that reads "SSL error: Verification failed! Check your Wii Us date time and setting"
So the update check itself worked but the download failed? Downloads are straight from GitHub, so out of our control. Anyway, I just checked and GitHub uses SSL certificates valid for 24 hours only, so a clock beeing 6 hours off could cause the certificate validation to fail with these.

//EDIT: NUSsplis important subdomains are resolvable through Google and Cloudflare DNS servers again, so hopefully the whole DNS network is restored soon (my router at home is still resolving it wrong).

Last edited by V10lator,

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With 1.145 a title launcher had been added. Note that currently zero beta testers are active through, so this hasn't been tested much... Also report any translation issues, please.

//EDIT: Also I just decided to deprecate HBL version, so all people still using that should auto-update to Channel version... At least if they have newest NUSSpli version already as GitHub certs broke on older ones).

Last edited by V10lator,

patters

Trophies
XP
Country
Bug report:
I use NUSspli using Homebrew Launcher and it forced me to update but every time it said the date and time were wrong. They were accurate to the minute.
I manually downloaded the new version 1.146 and replaced the wiiu/apps/nusspli folder on my SD. Every time I launch it it tries once again to download update 1.146 (which no longer fails the date/time check) but then it hard crashes the machine and I have to hold power for 4 seconds.
If I look in the temp folder it seems like it's forcing the download of the channel version of NUSspli which I don't want since I'm running the Homebrew Launcher one.
This occurs even if I set check for update to false in sd/NUSspli.txt

EDIT - I see above that you have decided to deprecate the HBL version. You should probably remove the HBL binary from GitHub releases and mention it in the release notes. Switched to using the Aroma version in the end.

Last edited by patters,

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@patters GitHub changed certifiate authorit, that's why the SSL error occurs. Everything is fixed with 1.146 through, so just use that. I'm doing a HBL binary here as it's needed to fix the auto updater and also cause people can't switch directly from HBL to Aroma, so Channel version is an intermediate step in the way to remove all except Aroma support.

This occurs even if I set check for update to false in sd/NUSspli.txt
That shouldn't be. Maybe try to not edit the file by hand but use NUSsplis options menu. Does that help?

//EDIT:
then it hard crashes the machine and I have to hold power for 4 seconds.
Also this shouldn't be. Could you maybe zip your slc:/sys/logs folder and DM it to me, please?

//EDIT²:
These are the (simplified) codes reading the config entry:
Code:
static bool checkForUpdates = true;

json_t *configEntry = json_object_get(json, "Auto resume failed downloads");
    if(configEntry != NULL && json_is_boolean(configEntry))
        autoResume = json_is_true(configEntry);
So what does this mean? it means if the entry is not there or if it's not a valid json boolean it will be the default value (true) instead. So yea, sounds like you did a mistake while editing the config file by hand, use NUSsplis config menu instead.

//EDIT³: Turns out there's indeed a bug with the update setting. Will be fixed with the next version... Now to that crash...

//EDIT4: This crash is extremely weird and probably needs more time...
Post automatically merged:

Sorry for the double post but @patters all fixed with v1.167... And I need a break now... 😅

Last edited by V10lator,

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm a little out of date (I still use Hacxi and I was afraid to use Tiramisu for fear of bricking my console) does this still work even after the end of the eShop and Nintendo Network?

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does this still work even after the end of the eShop and Nintendo Network?
Seems to be, as I just downloaded Duck Tales Remastered. Nintendo did say you can still redownload the already purchased stuff, so for now it's business as normal I guess. As all the digital contents are stroed on Miyamoto's laptop. Although, seeing that you're still on haxchi so YMMV. It might ot even work for you, I mean Tiramisu is not even recommended on https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/ anymore.

@V10lator the download speed seems to improved a lot over the older version. 1.19gb of data in under 10min is pretty good for Wii U's standard dl speed.

teasea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this has been answered already, but I seem to be experiencing a bug of sorts with NUSspli. I'm using it with Aroma and RedNAND (due to the dreaded Hynix). On a couple of occasions, I chose to download and install some DLC using NUSspli and got the message "The main game is installed to NAND" etc. However, I am using an external drive and the update and savefile for the games are definitely on that drive, so the error message doesn't make much sense. The DLC still seems to install correctly, but any ideas what causes this? If it helps, the last time this happened was with Mighty No 9 and Hyrule Warriors (EU versions, I own the discs for both and just wanted the DLC).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto