How to fix NUSspli errors

Note: I am not responsible for bricking your Wii U.
This guide is for Tiramisu or Aroma Users

Here on this post, I’ll be giving solutions on how to fix these errors below.

1. Couldn’t find NUSspli file on the SD Card
Tiramisu:

Make sure you have NUSspli.rpx in sd:/wiiu/apps/NUSspli/ .
Aroma:
Make sure you have NUSspli.wuhb in sd:/wiiu/apps/ .

2. Unsupported Environment
Switch to an environment that NUSspli supports, if you are booting NUSspli from a supported environment but is still having this error, follow these steps for your environment.
Tiramisu:
1. Go to https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe , click on Download Tiramisu, extract and copy the contents of the .zip file to the root of your sd card overwriting existing files, reboot the Wii U and try again.
2. Switch to a different environment that NUSspli supports and boot the one your environment uses.
Aroma:
1. Switch environment

3. snip

This is all the errors that I could solve. Any other errors that are not listed here can be fixed if you ask on NUSspli thread or on GitHub.

Last edited by Ghost64,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For 2. the 3rd solution shouldn't work (we won't backport) except the error message was only shown cause of a bug to begin with.

For 3. What the...? This shouldn't be. Please retry with the latest NUSspli version and in case it's still an issue open a GitHub report for it, please.

//EDIT: Forgot to say: NUSspli is supported on Tiramisu/Aroma only. Users on (CB)Haxchi or Mocha are using horribly outdated and known to be heavilly bugged versions. So the same guide for Mocha/Haxchi:
1. Any issue
Change CFW to Tiramisu or Aroma and Update NUSspli to latest release.

//EDIT²: The reason we support Tiramisu and Aroma only is maintainance burden. The codebase of NUSspli is pretty large and complex with these two only... In fact we (NUSspli devs, it's not developed by me alone) can't wait to go Aroma only (but won't do that while Aroma is still BETA, don't worry) to lower the codesbase and complexity some more.

Last edited by V10lator,

Ghost64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
satellazone.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
For 2. the 3rd solution shouldn't work (we won't backport) except the error message was only shown cause of a bug to begin with.

For 3. What the...? This shouldn't be. Please retry with the latest NUSspli version and in case it's still an issue open a GitHub report for it, please.

//EDIT: Forgot to say: NUSspli is supported on Tiramisu/Aroma only. Users on (CB)Haxchi or Mocha are using horribly outdated and known to be heavilly bugged versions. So the same guide for Mocha/Haxchi:
1. Any issue
Change CFW to Tiramisu or Aroma and Update NUSspli to latest release.

//EDIT²: The reason we support Tiramisu and Aroma only is maintainance burden. The codebase of NUSspli is pretty large and complex with these two only... In fact we (NUSspli devs, it's not developed by me alone) can't wait to go Aroma only (but won't do that while Aroma is still BETA, don't worry) to lower the codesbase and complexity some more.
For number 3. I tried installing the games without the wup installer gx2 and number 3 would be shown (edit: this occurred after I downloaded it from the NUS.)
But I hope the bug will be fixed as you have said in your reply. I’ve edited some of the stuff in the post as well.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope the bug will be fixed as you have said in your reply.
For the bug to be fixed we need your help with debugging, which might be a long process. So at best I want a github issue for this insead of spamming this forum thread. :)

Ghost64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
For the bug to be fixed we need your help with debugging, which might be a long process. So at best I want a github issue for this insead of spamming this forum thread. :)
that seems understandable. I cannot reach my Wii U at the moment because it’s at my grandmas house though. thanks

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I cannot reach my Wii U at the moment because it’s at my grandmas house though. thanks
Understandable and no prob, just take the time you need. :)
I will keep this thread for archival purposes and etc
Not only for archival, it's pretty good. :) Might wait a bit to see if you continue it and then add it to the official FAQ (in case you're fine with this).
Just the solution to question 3 shouldn't be needed (and isn't for anyone from the team: We can't recreate the issue. That's why we need your help in debugging).

Other than that: May I suggest a slight rewording for 2/1 ?
Go to https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe , click on Download Tiramisu, extract and copy the contents of the .zip file to the root of your sd card overwriting existing files, reboot the Wii U and try again.
The overwriting part is for users not getting this and the reboot for people uploading the files by FTP.

Ghost64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
The overwriting part is for users not getting this and the reboot for people uploading the files by FTP.
I have edited it to your suggestion.
it's pretty good. :) Just the solution to question 3 shouldn't be needed (and isn't for anyone from the team: We can't recreate the issue. That's why we need your help in debugging).
Understandable.
Understandable and no prob, just take the time you need. :)
thank you and have a great day.:D

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would like to add a bug I had in NUSSPLI:
Like ghost64, I had an environnement error, so I copied file from https://tiramisu.foryour.cafe writing over the one from my SD, then, it wasn't loading with another error, finally find the error and suppressed a root.rpx which was somewhere on my SD card (it was in another folder after). Then, Nusspli was working fine for me with NUSSPLI Channel!
But....Strangely....I was having a "bug" with the NNUSPLI HBL version, when I was quitting the app, it was freezing on the "GOODBYE" LOGO, well, in order to solve that, I uninstalled the Tiramisu exploit and had to reinstall it, then it was working fine in the HBL version.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@mrmagicm Your bugs are really special... Like a completely f**ed up environment. Glad you finally solved it but I don't think these corner cases are worth getting added to a common error list.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Still haven't figured out how to make cannonball outrun to work under tiramisu :)
Does it work for you on latest tiramisu or aroma? Are they some apps or wiibrews that doesn't work on your environnent?
Does the *.Chd format works for you in WiiSXRX?
With this prog you can convert *.bin (with cue) into *.CHD which is the futur, because Retroarch now take that format ;)
That is nice indeed if a rom for example as plenty of ps1 *.BIN files. There is a good compression ratio.

Attachments

• CHDMAN.zip
    729.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited by mrmagicm,

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Verify wup files are correct: Update NUSspli.
If it tells you "unsupported environment" right after, follow 2
Then, redownload your game

Laiks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another possible solution: You're missing the sig patches setup module, so add it.
Another possible solution too (If installation only fails):
Install Sig2SystemMenu on the HBL. You can find it on HB-App Store. Then launch it, it should kick you back to the Wii U menu. Then, launch NUSspli, and poof: install works.

Trophies
XP
Another possible solution too (If installation only fails):
Install Sig2SystemMenu on the HBL. You can find it on HB-App Store. Then launch it, it should kick you back to the Wii U menu. Then, launch NUSspli, and poof: install works.

Shouldn't be needed in first place if the SigPatches.RPX is provided, as it enables CFW and Signiture Patches on boot. Anyways NUSspli offers no support for Sig2SystemMenu app. Just use Tiramisu / aroma's RPX

Laiks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shouldn't be needed in first place if the SigPatches.RPX is provided, as it enables CFW and Signiture Patches on boot. Anyways NUSspli offers no support for Sig2SystemMenu app. Just use Tiramisu / aroma's RPX
Idk if I have the .rpx or not, but I used sig2systemmenu for installing, either with WupInstallerGX2 or with NUSspli.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sig2SystemMenu is just an old way of applying sigpatches. I would recommend to use more modern methods.
Also NUSspli 1.120 applies temporary sigpatches, so installations won't fail anymore.

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So what would happen after the eShop's shutdown? Will NUSspli no longer work anymore since it relies on the NUS?

Trophies
XP
So what would happen after the eShop's shutdown? Will NUSspli no longer work anymore since it relies on the NUS?

It'll still work. Even when the E-Shop goes down, content will still be available to download via the E-Shop if previously purchased . This means the servers will remain active and NUSspli will still be up for use.

Reactions: godreborn

JIMBOYKELLY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed NUSspli using the WUP installer, but every time I try to launch it, it sends me right back to the Wii U Menu.
Post automatically merged:

I just installed NUSspli using the WUP installer, but every time I try to launch it, it sends me right back to the Wii U Menu.
Okay, following up to this. I managed to get NUSspli working by updating Tiramisu.

Last edited by JIMBOYKELLY,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb