Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

TaintedByte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, there are problems launching dstwo with 1.8
I got it working only by inserting card at nintendo ds logo.
Yeah same here with a CycloDS, if I launch with the card inserted I get stuck on a white screen, however if I remove the card and then insert it on the DS splash screen, I can use my card.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
eh i don't think the dsi clock speeds work propley because dsi clock speeds are 133mhz and as shown in this vid the game goes way faster by increasing the clock speed to not even 133mhz https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=16&v=gL8xi_CgIJ4

The overclock done to that DS doesn't operate in the same way as having arm9 use TWL clock speeds. RTC/internal bus clock are unchanged in TWL clock speed mode where as I think that DS overclock video was a hardware overlock that sped everything on the system up including possibility RTC, audio, bus clock, etc.

Also:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.9

You can use a ntr_launcher.ini file on SD://NDS folder of 3DS SD to configure verious options. Disable Boot Splash, use NTR Clock speeds or not, enable SD access in NTR mode and for Alt version, enable TWL mode. (but I don't recommend using TWL mode unless you are a devoloper since it will break most flashcarts and cause audio glitches in NTR games. Unless you want to play games with bizarre sound effects. :P )

Note that booting without a cart inserted will trigger the bootsplash regardless if you tried to bypass it with button combo or ini file. (and yes button combos still work and you can use them to override temporarily what the INI file set. Though only disabling splash or enabling TWL clock speeds are the available button combos like before)

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
@Apache Thunder I have found a bug. When loading my AK2i card in DSI mode and start a game of Arkanoid DS I get a lot of screen flickering. This is running 1.8. Doesn't happen if I run it in DS mode or booting the card up via the home menu like normal

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
@Apache Thunder I have found a bug. When loading my AK2i card in DSI mode and start a game of Arkanoid DS I get a lot of screen flickering. This is running 1.8. Doesn't happen if I run it in DS mode or booting the card up via the home menu like normal

Nothing I can do about that. Some games may behave oddly. If you are going to play a game you know has issues, you can boot it with NTR clock speeds.

Also have you had a chance to try the 1.9 build yet? You can configure it with a ini file now and not have to use button presses. :D

Reactions: MartinDocNewland

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't had chance to check out 1.9 so I'll do that now. Its not a problem for me but I thought I would let you know
Nothing I can do about that. Some games may behave oddly. If you are going to play a game you know has issues, you can boot it with NTR clock speeds.

Also have you had a chance to try the 1.9 build yet? You can configure it with a ini file now and not have to use button presses. :D

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The overclock done to that DS doesn't operate in the same way as having arm9 use TWL clock speeds. RTC/internal bus clock are unchanged in TWL clock speed mode where as I think that DS overclock video was a hardware overlock that sped everything on the system up including possibility RTC, audio, bus clock, etc.

Also:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.9

You can use a ntr_launcher.ini file on SD://NDS folder of 3DS SD to configure verious options. Disable Boot Splash, use NTR Clock speeds or not, enable SD access in NTR mode and for Alt version, enable TWL mode. (but I don't recommend using TWL mode unless you are a devoloper since it will break most flashcarts and cause audio glitches in NTR games. Unless you want to play games with bizarre sound effects. [emoji14] )

Note that booting without a cart inserted will trigger the bootsplash regardless if you tried to bypass it with button combo or ini file. (and yes button combos still work and you can use them to override temporarily what the INI file set. Though only disabling splash or enabling TWL clock speeds are the available button combos like before)
Amazing as always, hope this fixes the issues with dstwo from 1.8. Also... Did you think that is possible to make a workaround for DSTT's forwarders? @Robz cannot write files to slot-1's mSD neighter boot YSMenu.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dstwo is still broken on 1.9, tested:
- Both TWL and NTR Mode.
- Inserting the card on bootscreen.
- Both builds (release and alt).

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I did not expect DSTwo's behavior to change as i have not touched the code that handled card init/reset at all in 1.9 compared to 1.8

Like with DSTWO/other modern cards. I believe you have to boot the DSTT before you can access it's MicroSD storage. He'd have to handle it in a similar way to DSTwo I think.

Unlike DSTwo, DSTT had a stage2 launcher via a soft reset SRL that booted the card. You could change the kernel path in that SRL and I believe that's how the current forwarders work for that card.

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I got my main branch of NTR Launcher to boot my R4 correctly...This could be good news for EZFlash owners/other carts that sorta boot but have wierd. :D

This build will be up soon™ :D

EDIT:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.9.1

Would like EZ Flash owners to reset this one. Also curious if it effects DSTwo at all.

May improve compatibility with other cards. Some R4 SDHC clone users reported that it used to hang on the load screen. Try again with this build. Maybe that's fixed. :D

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got my main branch of NTR Launcher to boot my R4 correctly...This could be good news for EZFlash owners/other carts that sorta boot but have wierd. :D

This build will be up soon™ :D

EDIT:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.9.1

Would like EZ Flash owners to reset this one. Also curious if it effects DSTwo at all.

May improve compatibility with other cards. Some R4 SDHC clone users reported that it used to hang on the load screen. Try again with this build. Maybe that's fixed. :D
Tested on both dstwo and r4i sdhc (dstt clone) as the same way as before and didn't work. Both cards works fine if I boot them from twlcard.

sunfished

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried out both 1.9.1 releases with my R4 SDHC, and both whitescreened after the bootup animation

My card looks exactly like this, in case this wasn't what you meant :(
d441bdb743.png

sunfished

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried that with both launchers a few times, but no dice

Could it be that I'm missing something? I updated Luma to the current version, and the settings for it doesn't seem to have that one patch option anymore, which I assume has been integrated automatically.

Beyond that, the only other thing I've done was install a twl_firm patch a while back. If there really is more to it than those things I've done, I apologize for not reading up properly ;;

Thanks for taking your time working on this project however! It's nice reading how development here and the dsi mode hacking thread works, despite me only grasping the general gist of everything :P

gieve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like I am missing something significant, I've installed the twl_firm on my emunand and sysnand. Making sure it was the new 3ds version (have a new 3ds) updated to the latest a9lh release of Luma. Yet the CIA of the launcher just black screens for eternity, both regular and alt.
Is there something I'm missing that will sort it out?

Should mention that I am new to the twl patching scene as I was waiting for a solution that worked for cyclods evo, so its likely I've missed something stupid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO