Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Still Whitescreens. i knwo the card itself works normally and on a DSi. so looks like for the Purpose of animation/twl clockspeed, the AK2i is going to be a troublemaker.

Try again with this build:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.8

I've done a significant change to card reset code. Card is only reset if the user booted without a card inserted. Now that's skipped entirely if you had it inserted at boot. This is due to now setting access control settings properly so that slot is not in NTR mode. That way a card init can take place without power cycling the slot.

So I should check out the alt build then

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well latest version gives me a white screen on both screens in both modes but 1.4 works so I'm guessing something had been broken. Using an acekard 2i with 1.9.0 akAIO firmware

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

NTR Launcher features a mode where you can hold A on boot to enable TWL clock speeds in NTR mode. So using this to launch your AceKard would be better if you want to make use of TWL clock speeds.

Try again with 1.8. Hopefully it should work now since I've redone how card reset works.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: Billy Acuña

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
Try again with this build:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.8

I've done a significant change to card reset code. Card is only reset if the user booted without a card inserted. Now that's skipped entirely if you had it inserted at boot. This is due to now setting access control settings properly so that slot is not in NTR mode. That way a card init can take place without power cycling the slot.

NTR Launcher features a mode where you can hold A on boot to enable TWL clock speeds in NTR mode. So using this to launch your AceKard would be better if you want to make use of TWL clock speeds.

Try again with 1.8. Hopefully it should work now since I've redone how card reset works.

I can conform that my AK2i works now in both modes.

Reactions: Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I can conform that my AK2i works now in both modes.

Very nice. Looks like that resolved the final issue. This might have universal compatibility now. Just waiting on test reports from R4 SDHC clone users. :D

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Rob is having issues with the forwarders with this new build. I'll need to find out the right SCFG_EXT settings on arm7 and arm9 he should be setting in his DLDI app that runs on DSTWO. (so for that card he is having issues. Not sure about others yet)

We'll get that sorted eventually. :P

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dunno if this has been asked before, but. Did you considered to reimplement NitroHax into this as a optional option on boot?
That will make the ultimate launcher. Also making TWL clock speed toggleable in NitroHax's UI.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rob is having issues with the forwarders with this new build. I'll need to find out the right SCFG_EXT settings on arm7 and arm9 he should be setting in his DLDI app that runs on DSTWO. (so for that card he is having issues. Not sure about others yet)

We'll get that sorted eventually. :P
I'm sure the issue applies to other cards as well.

cainamm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice. Looks like that resolved the final issue. This might have universal compatibility now. Just waiting on test reports from R4 SDHC clone users. :D

Hello again,
Just wanted to chime in on the latest build.

DSTT - working fine with ysmenu kernel on alt build in both twl and non twl.
R4 - Boots fine in both modes - even got ysmenu working on dual boot

Also another card I havent mentioned yet as I believe it is a DSTT clone - only will work with a 2gb card, where as my other uses a 4 gb card without issue. Said 4gb card will not boot in this card I believe to be a clone.

All the same it boots fine with the alt launcher in both modes as well using the same ysmenu as the other card.

Reactions: Apache Thunder

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, here is my report for my R4 SDHC which works on my normal DS. It seems that the versions from I dont know up to (and including) 1.5 boot into the r4 loading screen and stop working there on the normal build. On the alt build, it instead completes the loading screen, only to end up in the top half of the top screen showing static pixeljunk. Every version after that just white screens on both versions.

Edit: Also, when the pixeljunk happens, the consol does not crash, since I can still use the homebutton. I also tried loading it with the twl speed.

Last edited by human_kirby,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here is my report for my R4 SDHC which works on my normal DS. It seems that the versions from I dont know up to (and including) 1.5 boot into the r4 loading screen and stop working there on the normal build. On the alt build, it instead completes the loading screen, only to end up in the top half of the top screen showing static pixeljunk. Every version after that just white screens on both versions.

Edit: Also, when the pixeljunk happens, the consol does not crash, since I can still use the homebutton. I also tried loading it with the twl speed.
this includes the recent 1.8 builds? or have you tried em yet.

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, I tested backwards and found out, that the same behavior I descripted for the alt build existed since atleast 1.1b for all alt versions. I didnt go further, since I currently do not have the devlauncher patch. @Apache Thunder

kerio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it bad to keep using the R4 stage2 launcher? It's faster and prettier :P

edit: R4 gets stuck at "Loading..." with the standard 1.8, however it works fine with the alt 1.8, both at NTR and at TWL speeds

edit 2: Is your wood r4 fork that can access the 3ds SD card for the purpose of file copying available anywhere?

Last edited by kerio,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...