Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
North Korea artillery fire hits South island

SEOUL | Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:22am EST

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea on Tuesday fired dozens of artillery shells at a South Korean island, setting buildings on fire and prompting a return fire by the South, Seoul's military and media reports said.

Seoul's YTN television quoted a witness as saying 60 to 70 houses were on fire after the shelling.

The military confirmed the exchange of firing, without providing more details.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AM0TZ20101123

Glyptofane

🇵🇸
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
South lost the ship a couple months ago, but the alleged North missile ended up being of German origin. Germany is not a military trading partner with North Korea, so it can only have been a false flag.

This current situation could be another engineered provocation, so we need to watch carefully how this pans out.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mangaTom said:
So North finally did it huh.Honestly I really don't know what goes in the mind of these people.Can't we all just live in peace?
That's just it, they're people. World + Life = 0 chances of permanent peace.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So err are they wanting to be starting a war on the Southern Koreans? NK isn't exactly anyone's friend I wonder if any other countries will respond and step in.
unsure.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:
So err are they wanting to be starting a war on the Southern Koreans? NK isn't exactly anyone's friend I wonder if any other countries will respond and step in.
unsure.gif

It's probably another "Well carry on being mega douches until you send us some more food" tactic.

If this doesn't work they will start nuclear tests again. Then the good ol USA will send them some wheat/wahtever with the stars and stripes and a nice little "A gift from the people of the USA" note etched on each grain. Then the people will be told how glorious the Great Leader is, so amazing even the mighty Americans pay him tribute.

Just in case you think that sounds too much like bullshit, it's what happened last time.

EDIT: Should probably point out I'm not having a dig at the Americans, they do the same with everyone they blackmail into giving them aid, I just think they are the only ones who tried to send a message to the people just to have it usurped by the regime.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
clownb said:
Germany is not a military trading partner with North Korea, so it can only have been a false flag.

Weapons in the international arms market can pass through many hands before they're fired. No-one is technically a military trading partner with North Korea, and yet they still end up with weapons from all over the shop. Russia is not a military trading partner with the Taliban, and yet russian made assault rifles are their weapon of choice.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
TheTwoR's said:
Infinite Zero said:
Pleeeeeeeeeeease I hope not
cry.gif

+1 to this.
Who would want a World War 3?
ohnoes.png

It's not really going to be a World War if it kicks off North vs South, not in the traditional sense. The previous World Wars happened because when it kicked off a load of old alliances were called in. No-one is going to back North Korea in a military vs military fight against the rest of the world, not even China. It's going to be more like a stand off. North Korea's conventional army could be easily overwhelmed by Western forces, the reason North Korea is still about is because of the worry it has WMDs. That's why the whole justification of Iraq was such bollocks, because the west had already shown that if a country openly admits to having WMDs that its too afraid to face them.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
BlueStar said:
It's not really going to be a World War if it kicks off North vs South, not in the traditional sense. The previous World Wars happened because when it kicked off a load of old alliances were called in. No-one is going to back North Korea in a military vs military fight against the rest of the world, not even China. It's going to be more like a stand off. North Korea's conventional army could be easily overwhelmed by Western forces, the reason North Korea is still about is because of the worry it has WMDs. That's why the whole justification of Iraq was such bollocks, because the west had already shown that if a country openly admits to having WMDs that its too afraid to face them.

I guess your right..

Another thing that popped up in mind (no offense to Koreans I'm no racist) Question: WHAT kind of country has a war with ITSELF?
blink.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TheTwoR's said:
BlueStar said:

I guess your right..

Another thing that popped up in mind (no offense to Koreans I'm no racist) Question: WHAT kind of country has a war with ITSELF?
blink.gif
plenty do.
though north and south Korea don't really consider themselves as the same country(heavily guarded border between the 2 letting nobody through)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!