North and South Korea "On the brink of war"

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Vidboy10, Dec 20, 2010.

Dec 20, 2010
  1. Vidboy10
    OP

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    (CNN) -- While the United Nations' Security Council wrangled over growing tensions in the Korean peninsula, South Korea ordered thousands to find shelter in preparation for the South's planned live-fire military exercises, which could take place within hours, the military announced. In South Korea, an approximate 8,000 residents have been ordered to take cover in Yeonpyeong, Baengnyeong, Daecheong, Socheong and Udo as the hours draw closer to South Korea's military drill, scheduled to take place at 11 p.m. EST Sunday, 1 p.m. Monday local time. North Korea said over the weekend that the planned exercises were designed to violate the armistice that ended the Korean War in 1953 and "ignite war at any cost." At the United Nations, nearly eight hours of emergency Security Council talks on the standoff ended Sunday without a unified statement. Susan Rice, the U.S. Ambassador to the United States said Sunday that council members still cannot bridge any difference over North Korea's November 23rd attack on Yeonpyeong island. Four South Koreans were killed in the attack. The United States has publicly condemned the attacks by the Communist north and insists on South Korea's right to conduct its scheduled military drill."The planned exercises are fully consistent with South Korea's legal right to self-defense," Rice said."It has been done and notified transparently, responsibly, and will not occur in a fashion that we believe gives North Korea any excuse to respond in the fashion that it has threatened to do." Russian Ambassador Vitaly Churkin -- who called for the[/p]
    [​IMG]Full story and Videos.

2. SeZMehK

Member SeZMehK The Wielder of the Keyblade

United States
    Haven't they learned the last time they went to war? jeez

3. Mesiskope

Banned Mesiskope Banned

United States
  4. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Two countries that never learned a leason

5. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    This phrase is not used in the text article or the accompanying video. In fact this entire article is really just about how residents are preparing for upcoming military excercizes.

This topic should be changed or locked. Deliberate fear mongering and misrepresentation of the facts.

6. Vidboy10
    OP

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    It was used by CNN on TV.

7. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    That doesn't matter. The article you posted does not use that phrase. You are deliberately fear mongering for your own enjoyment. Its pretty transparent actually.

And GBAtemp continues its slow decline...

8. Vidboy10
    OP

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    Whatever.
    I'm using in a line from a context from the websites TV station. If you want to bitch about it go complain to CNN.
    Not me.

9. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    So basically you admit you're just pulling stuff out of your arse. You can't link an alleged TV broadcast with an unreleated Internet article + video.

You deliberately gave this topic a sensationalist title. Again, you're deliberately fear mongering and misrepresenting the facts. I've been watching CNN all night and I haven't seen anything regarding N&S Korea being "on the brink of war." The article you posted and the accompanying video even prove that I'm right. They aren't about "being on the brink of war" at all. Don't like what I'm saying? Too bad. At least I know how to read my friend. [​IMG]

10. Vidboy10
    OP

Member Vidboy10 Tsardom

Canada
    http://www.cnn.com/video/
    The first video.

And I'm not stupid when it comes to arguments, I have stuff to back up my arguements.
    If you don't see anything in the video, keep watching CNN until you get a "Top Stories" report.
    Trust me. You WILL see it.

End or argument.

11. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Its like I'm actually reading a post on 4ch@n...

You still don't have anything to back your argument. But that's ok, you keep playing that game. I'm sure someone here will fall for it.

12. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    I watched it and heard about them being on "the brink of war." So SPH73, stop demonizing and misconstruing the OP's intent with this article. And it's pretty obvious that the North has a stick up their ass and is looking for an excuse to attack, which seems evident enough that they're on the brink of war.

Nothing was misinterpreted so stop bitching about it.

13. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Oh so you didn't read the article in the first post either.

+1 for literacy.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile in North Korea...

14. Snorlax

Member Snorlax POSTMODERNISM

Australia
    Ahhhh, shaddup and stop acting like you're anymore correct then the rest of the users on the forums.

15. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    You're getting a little cranky there my friend.

I'm just pointing out the obvious facts.

North Korea barely has electrical power. Millions of people are on the brink of starvation. Anyone who watches the news should already know this stuff.

But the real story in this topic is why some people want to overhype anything to do with the North Korean situation.... The reasons are far more interesting than this article about people preparing for military drills or an alleged CNN broadcast that is not linked in this topic.

16. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    so, they are still at it, pff, it's kinda old news, anyone who has read the paper knows that sooner or later, they are each crawling their way towards war...

I just hope it just stays on the brink and doesnt really break into one.

17. Kamiyama

Member Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Finland
  18. Foie

Member Foie That one guy

United States
    Actually, I did read the article. I also watched the video and the CNN ones he was talking about. And North Korea is in crap condition economically, but they still have plenty of military power.

19. KinGamer7

Member KinGamer7 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I doubt that was Vidboy10's intention. Fact of the matter is, he quoted someone else on the topic of discussion. However, the issue is the fact that none of the evidence that Vidboy linked to in his initial post had that quotation at hand. It's a simple mistake, and it's good that you pointed it out because other readers may have suspected Vidboy also, yet I highly doubt that he's deliberately trying to exacerbate things for instilling a sense of shock and fear, like the media itself has a tendency to do.

20. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    North Korea and South Korea fighting and bitching about one another... what else is new?