Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Petegamer331

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody know how to go about re-hacking my wii? I hacked it then washed the sd card with all the files on it with my jeans. What info do i need from my wii and what should I do. I really need a step by step on this one.

If you still have the homebrew channel installed on your wii then you don't need to do much. Just load whatever homebrew apps you want into the apps folder on your SD card and load them up in the homebrew channel
ok first off let me say thank you to all of those who gave their time to these resources. I'm g33king out over here to be able to play so many awesome games again on one system.
anyways, I'm new to this and going slow with my white wii that has the gamecube ports on top...

here's what I've done so far and all seems nominal.
- letterbomb
- homebrew channel installed
- hackmii installed
- backed up NAND
- installed priiloader
- modified startup and hacks
- Priiloader v.7 - IOS v80 systemmenu v513
- Homebrew 1.1.2 IOS s58 v24.32
- installed beta52 cIOS from these instructions:
https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation
- installed the homebrew browser

what else do I NEED TO DO now to get gamecube and wii / emulators running like a dream?

and what's this?
4] Install custom IOS 222[38] & 223[37-38] [Hermes v4], 202[60] & 224[57] [Hermes/Rodries v5.1], 249[56] & 250[57] [Waninkoko v21 d2x v8] to your wii.

from this guide:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/modify-any-wii-4-3-below.171901/

I'm not sure I even need to the stuff for DIOS MIOS now with Nintendont updated now?

I do want to play most Wii, Gamecube, Wiiware, Emulators, Dos and whatever else I can throw at it though.

ANY HELP WITH THIS N00B greatly appreciated so I can get on the fast track.
just not sure why I need to do some things vs the others I've read.
they all seem a bit different at some stage of the directions

thanks!

First, you need to understand what a Wii ios is. From wiibrew.org I found this description "It provides services that are used by Wii code to access many system devices: USB, networking, security, app management, NAND flash storage, SD card, optical disc, and also WiiConnect24 features." The link to the page is http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS so read that page as well.

Those custom IOSs you are asking about (222,223,202, etc.) are needed to get most homebrew to run and to allow backups to be played via usb/sd or disc so just go ahead and install those custom IOSs using your guide.

Before you use Nintendont/DIOS MIOS, make sure you install all the custom IOSs you are instructed to install in your guide. Nintendont is pretty good and should work for most games for you but some games might run on DIOS MIOS if they don't run on Nintendont. You have to load DIOS MIOS through a USB loader such as configurable usb loader or wiiflow. Gamecube games can also be loaded using DIOS MIOS using the latest beta version of USB loader gx which is beta r1233 (do google search and you will find it). You have to install DIOS MIOS using a wad manager before DIOS MIOS can be used with a USB loader. Use a wad manager such as multi mod manager or whatever wad manager you got from your guide to install the DIOS MIOS wad. Install the DIOS MIOS wad to slot 249 I believe.

Another guide that might help you if you get confused is this (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/).

Also, google is your friend. With a little patience you should be able to find most answers to your problems using google.

Petegamer331

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you still have the homebrew channel installed on your wii then you don't need to do much. Just load whatever homebrew apps you want into the apps folder on your SD card and load them up in the homebrew channel

Forgot to add, this is assuming you have already installed the necessary custom IOSs as well. Use the guide I provided a link to at the bottom of this post. It is a very easy step by step guide.

First, you need to understand what a Wii ios is. From wiibrew.org I found this description "It provides services that are used by Wii code to access many system devices: USB, networking, security, app management, NAND flash storage, SD card, optical disc, and also WiiConnect24 features." The link to the page is http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS so read that page as well.

Those custom IOSs you are asking about (222,223,202, etc.) are needed to get most homebrew to run and to allow backups to be played via usb/sd or disc so just go ahead and install those custom IOSs using your guide.

Before you use Nintendont/DIOS MIOS, make sure you install all the custom IOSs you are instructed to install in your guide. Nintendont is pretty good and should work for most games for you but some games might run on DIOS MIOS if they don't run on Nintendont. You have to load DIOS MIOS through a USB loader such as configurable usb loader or wiiflow. Gamecube games can also be loaded using DIOS MIOS using the latest beta version of USB loader gx which is beta r1233 (do google search and you will find it). You have to install DIOS MIOS using a wad manager before DIOS MIOS can be used with a USB loader. Use a wad manager such as multi mod manager or whatever wad manager you got from your guide to install the DIOS MIOS wad. Install the DIOS MIOS wad to slot 249 I believe.

Another guide that might help you if you get confused is this (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/).

Also, google is your friend. With a little patience you should be able to find most answers to your problems using google.

itchyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After loading letterbomb and cios 222 on my wii 4.3u. I got usbloader gx working. Unfortunately, the wiimote frequently sticks either right in the middle of the screen or it vanishes. I can use it in the wii channels menu when I first turn the wii on but in usbloader gx it gets stuck in middle of the screen and I have to use the nunchuck to move the pointer around. When I load a game and then hit the home button so the wii menu / reset screen comes up there is no pointer and I have to cycle power to turn reset the game. In HBC I can't remember if the wiimote is supposed to be visible but it is not.

I'm pretty sure I need to load a different cios or restore one or something. Thanks for any advice!

perroloco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know nothing of hacking a wii apart from what I understod from some tutorials I read minutes ago... Anyway I bought a hacked wii, it has different SNES games downloaded from the nintendo store (I assume this are WADS?)
Anyway the guy that sold me the wii told me that aUSB he gave me with the wii had Brawl on it and that he played Brawl using the USB.

Anyway the Wii is in ver 4.3U

On the wii menu I have 2 homebrew channels:

"The homebre channel" 1.1.2 IOS58 V24.32

In this channel I can't do anything, what's the use of it??
When I click home I have 4 options, Back, About, Go to the system menu, Shut down. (They are in spanish but that's basically what they say)
In the lower right side there is a gecko icon and a wi-fi icon but they appear to do nothing..

the next channel is:

"USB Loader GX"

It doesn't load the Brawl game.. instead it tells me, "USB Loader requires at least cIOS 222 or 245-250

I just don't want to scew anything, so.. I'd like to know:

1.- Can I just donwload the .isos of GC or Wii games and play them with the USB? Can I like get a HDD or something and do the same?
2.- Can I install the N64 WADs?
3.- Can I get like emulators to play SNES, NES, GBA, SEGA, etc..? (Basically what emulators function on wii?)

TRootbti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to install Trucha Bug Restorer on a 4.1E.

When I get to downgrade IOS15 I get the following error: "ES_Addtitlestart returned -1035, maybe you need an updated Downgrader."

jake6a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I currently have 4.2U on my NTSC Wii
- I got it with a modchip (don't know its name)
- Has homebrew channel and some other homebrew apps, I think I have a CIOS there too (how do I check?)

Is it necessary to upgrade to 4.3U? If so, will it brick my device by any means?

Also, will backing up via BootMii protect me from any bricks?

dakeith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO, question, I just downloaded the newest version of Dios Mios and got a ton of gamecube games to play with it. All of them seemed to be working well, except for star fox adventures. I read through the forums and found out that it's not just the iso that I downloaded, it's just how the game is, audio streaming or something. However, the comments that I found about it were no shorter than a year ago, and a lot of them kept on saying "oh the creator of dios mios is working on it" or that something called devolution would work, but only if you had an actual copy of the disk on you. That being said...again, posts that I found were a hell of a long time ago. So I'm wondering if a fix has been created, and how to implement it? There's loads of options in wiiflow, like what audio to use and stuff, but honestly I don't understand what any of the options mean, and I'm scared to mess with them.

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
For StarFox Adventures just use Nintendont (or Devolution if you owns retail disc). Dios Mios don't yet supports audio streaming.

Juau

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't use the 002 fix to play Anno: Create a New World in USB LoaderGX. What am i doing wrong?

Also, what's the best noob-friendly way to upgrade to the most recent cIOS and whatnot? I've read it's D2x cIOS or something.

WiiNoobie9001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I have the original Wii (NOT Wii U). I had games working via usb loader gx, however some games wouldn't load (ex. skyward sword and wii sports resort) and instead, launching them would bring me back to the wii homepage. So I decided to update to d2x v10 and download the latest version of USB loader GX. In d2x v10 I installed cIOS base : <56> cIOS slot : <249>, Select cIOS base : <57> cIOS slot : <250> and Select cIOS base : <58> cIOS slot : <251>.

Now when I launch USB loader, the program hangs at "initializing usb device" and therefore can't load any games! Any help is much appreciated! I use WBFS Manager 3.0 to add my games to a USB stick.

sysCheck v2.1.0b19 by Double_A and R2-D2199, Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 2007.02.13
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 60748267
Boot2 v4
Found 75 titles.
Found 52 IOS on this console. 14 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS245[37] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS246[38] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[53] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[55] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2014/12/22.

slowley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhhh....Noob Paradise. this is what i was looking for.

I've been at this for a few weeks and have done pretty good for the most part. The more I learn though, the more confused i get. I have a Wii 4.3 and managed the Homebrew channel fine. I also have the Nes, Snes, Gen emulators up and working. I managed to get the wiiflow up and working to play my backed up wii iso's. Where i am getting confused is with the Mame or Retroarch section. I installed the latest version of Retroarch because I wanted to play arcade games. I got the Capcom games going but cant configure the wii controllers. I am also unsure of what other arcades will play. I have old roms from years ago when i played on the computer but I Guess I cant play them on Wii....???
I guess what I am asking is where to go from now. I know its a broad question but there seems to be a lot of different sights and tutorials and most of them are old. Not sure what emulators to download or how to use them and the roms or iso's.
Still cant figure out what the hell a wad is and how to use it as a channel installer. Yes I am that new.
Thanks for anything you can offer

dakeith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, another noob question. I decided to get phantasy star online i and ii for the gamecube. I use wiiflow 4.2.1 and dios mios 2.11. The game actually loaded up pretty smoothly, got to select offline mode, single player, made a new game, started to watch the video about the two ships getting to the planet. I get to the part where the explosion happens on the planet and affects the second ship, then the camera begins to zoom in on what I'm guessing is the cockpit of the ship in space and bam, screen goes black. What I don't get is that the game actually doesn't freeze, I noticed when I shut off my wii while playing a game on dios mios, just pressing the power button immediately shuts off the wii, if the game freezes then I need to hold down the power button for a while before the wii shuts down. That's what confused me this time, I pushed the power button, and it immediately shut off, which tells me the game didn't freeze. I thought, maybe it was just a bad instance? So I tried it again, went black at the same spot, and just stayed black, forever until I shut off my wii again. I haven't really messed with the wiiflow settings, the only thing I've ever done with them was turn on the force load cIOS.

Anyways, I tried looking on here and POS is on the comparability list, but they mention doing something about having the DM sound be on auto, which it already is. I guess it may be worth mentioning that I use a real memory card, not that NMM thing, and have it in slot A, and nothing in slot B. The way how I downloaded the game was how I downloaded all my other gamecube games that work beautifully, which was download the iso, extract the rar file, then use the DMToolbox to go ahead and do it's thing to make the game iso into a folder so it can be read properly, then simply just copied the folder onto my external HDD. I have no idea what "Padhook=OFF Do not put anything in slot B memory card, also, use Gamecube Iso Tool to extract the game to usb using GcReEx format and 32k Alignment on Iso Preferences" means, I know that both my sd card and HDD are formatted to be FAT32 if that's what that means....

Anyways, any help to get past this would be greatly appreciated.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi guys, I tried to put modmii files on microsd + microSD card adapter, apparently wii cannot detect the card. does this mean I cannot use microsd + adapter but a real SD card instead?

yes, it says 466
Trophies
Website
466frfx.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have 4.2U on my NTSC Wii
- I got it with a modchip (don't know its name)
- Has homebrew channel and some other homebrew apps, I think I have a CIOS there too (how do I check?)

Is it necessary to upgrade to 4.3U? If so, will it brick my device by any means?

Also, will backing up via BootMii protect me from any bricks?

To check what cIOSes you have, you can use sysCheck. Get it here: http://www.hacksden.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=149
Simply post the contents of the CSV file, just don't post the console ID.

Don't bother updating to 4.3. Just install IOS58 Installer from WiiBrew and you're set: http://wiibrew.org/w/images/3/32/Ios58-installer.zip
Don't forget to re-install The Homebrew Channel after installing IOS58.

BootMii is unstoppable brick protection, but only as boot2. BootMii as IOS is crap, don't even bother with it.

Trying to install Trucha Bug Restorer on a 4.1E.

When I get to downgrade IOS15 I get the following error: "ES_Addtitlestart returned -1035, maybe you need an updated Downgrader."

Why are you using Trucha Bug Restorer? It's extremely outdated. Use IOS236 Installer instead: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/downloads/IOS236_Installer_v6.zip?attredirects=0

Installation procedure (GAF's homebrew tutorial)

Remove all GameCube memory cards.
This step is very important. Do not ignore it.

Unzip the IOS236 Installer zip file and copy the IOS236 directory and its contents to sd:/apps.
You should now have an sd:/apps/IOS236/boot.dol file among others. It is important to also have sd:/apps/IOS236/meta.xml

Run IOS236 Installer from the Homebrew Channel.

Read the startup messages then press 1

If your Wii is connected to the Internet, choose "Download IOS from NUS" with the D-pad.

Confirm your choice with the A button

When prompted, push A to continue the installation

Read about what Step 2 entails and push the appropriate button.
One would hope that you would be pushing 2 as this is a tutorial for non-pirates that want to use USB Loaders responsibly (i.e., if you are only going to rip your own games from your own discs, you don't need to perform step 2). If you actually want to play pirated games, then push 1, read all information carefully and follow any further instructions.

Push any button to exit when complete.

As for downgrading IOS15, there's a WAD right here: Never mind. You're not allowed to post IOS WADS on GBAtemp. :/

...so why are you even trying to downgrade IOS15?

Hello,

I have the original Wii (NOT Wii U). I had games working via usb loader gx, however some games wouldn't load (ex. skyward sword and wii sports resort) and instead, launching them would bring me back to the wii homepage. So I decided to update to d2x v10 and download the latest version of USB loader GX. In d2x v10 I installed cIOS base : <56> cIOS slot : <249>, Select cIOS base : <57> cIOS slot : <250> and Select cIOS base : <58> cIOS slot : <251>.

Now when I launch USB loader, the program hangs at "initializing usb device" and therefore can't load any games! Any help is much appreciated! I use WBFS Manager 3.0 to add my games to a USB stick.

sysCheck v2.1.0b19 by Double_A and R2-D2199, Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 2007.02.13
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 60748267
Boot2 v4
Found 75 titles.
Found 52 IOS on this console. 14 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS245[37] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS246[38] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS247[53] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS248[55] (rev 21007, Info: d2x-v7final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2014/12/22.

Well, you can try installing Hermes' cIOSes: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9681

Use cIOS222 with base 38,
cIOS223 with base 37,
cIOS224 with base 57,
and cIOS202 with base 60.

Just make sure you go to USB Loader GX's meta.xml and change the "ios=249" to "ios=222"

If cIOS222 doesn't work, try 223, if that doesn't work, try 224. If that doesn't work, try 202.

If none of them work, try using a different USB Loader like WiiFlow or CFG.

If other USB Loaders don't work, you're pretty much screwed.

hi guys, I tried to put modmii files on microsd + microSD card adapter, apparently wii cannot detect the card. does this mean I cannot use microsd + adapter but a real SD card instead?

You can use microSD cards. I have a Samsung microSD card adapter with a Kingston 4GB microSDHC card and it works perfectly.

Maybe you're just unlucky and your SD card isn't supported.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ah okay. I think I will look for another brand.

and just wondering, do I need to permanently put the sd card on the wii to keep using the hack? should I buy a high capacity SD card?

yes, it says 466
Trophies
Website
466frfx.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah okay. I think I will look for another brand.

and just wondering, do I need to permanently put the sd card on the wii to keep using the hack? should I buy a high capacity SD card?

You need your SD card to use the Homebrew Channel, and its apps, but you can obviously still use the Wii without the SD card.

High capacity SD cards work.

By the way, SanDisk SD cards work the best.

Sky Design

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You need your SD card to use the Homebrew Channel, and its apps, but you can obviously still use the Wii without the SD card.

High capacity SD cards work.

By the way, SanDisk SD cards work the best.

Well he can use a USB HDD, at least I do. Well technically I use both since Wad Managers can't detect my HDD for some reason and my Channel Launchers are linked to the SD Card too. Otherwise I'd continue using the HDD perm.

Reactions: 466

George Wilde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So making my first attempt at doing a Wii soft mod! Got the homebrew channel installed and the nand backups. Can't get the priiloader to install. Don't think the downloads are working correctly Very frustrated any suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto