Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Defiledhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try using WiiFlow and installing a disc, it states that I don't have enough memory. I believe the harddrive is on partition 1, but not 100% sure.

Also, when trying to load super mario galaxy (downloaded), it just takes me back to the main menu.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't be running gamecube games, just wii games mainly.

You mean you have no aspirations for playing F-Zero X or Star Fox? Or Star Wars: Rogue Squadron? :cry: Or even a game that's not as well known as these? :(

When I try using WiiFlow and installing a disc, it states that I don't have enough memory. I believe the harddrive is on partition 1, but not 100% sure.

Also, when trying to load super mario galaxy (downloaded), it just takes me back to the main menu.

When you switch to the Wii games in there, it should tell you at the top what port it's in. Mine says USB1. I'm not sure what's happening with Mario Galaxy; do the rest of your games do this?

Defiledhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says "USB 1". However, when I used my wii backup manager to place the game into my Hard Drive, it showed the games partition as "UG". Mario galaxy doesn't work and it still states I don't have enough room to install a game, so I don't know the problem.

Defiledhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It states that I have 291GB with my super mario galaxy included.

I formatted my hard drive to FAT32, 32KB. Does that make any difference?

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I have read online it seems there isn't a fix for this kind of thing (although common) - the only resolution seems to be loading via usb... which I will be doing. I will be getting a hdd - at some point!

I have a 500gb Seagate hdd but use it all the time for other stuff and backing up other files, so will just have to get one purely dedicated to the wii and storing wii backups on. Is there any set up which is preferable? FAT32 or NTFS (to also incorporate the larger games?) and then partition and store wbfs's on it (as they are smaller than iso's)?

Thanks for trying to help with my previous problem anyway - appreciate it.

FAT32 - store both GCN and Wii Games but larger the 4gb games are split into portions (4gb limit for files)
NTFS - store only wii games, doesnt need to split any large games. no file size limit.

I have WD hdd. I have a ntfs partition with wii games and i also have my encypted stuff with it. I usually dont play multiple games in one session, so i dont store many games on my drive.

but my point is - how many games do really care to play? do you like to hop around with each game or just focus on one? I used to use a 16 flash drive for my wii games ( i only played one) and i was fine. But if you like to play lots of games in one session a hdd is a good choice.

Defiledhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, 249. Maybe if you change the IOS option in WiiFlow to 249, it might work. It obviously goes on your hard drive without any fuss.

Well..it still doesn't work, it may be a problem with the game download. I'll try another.

However, how do I solve this problem? http://i.imgur.com/77z1cvW.jpg

Thats what I get when I try to install my Pokemon battle revolution disc onto USB 1

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well..it still doesn't work, it may be a problem with the game download. I'll try another.

However, how do I solve this problem? http://i.imgur.com/77z1cvW.jpg

Thats what I get when I try to install my Pokemon battle revolution disc onto USB 1

Wow, never seen that before. Find Joostin and ask him. Your problems are too complicated for me now...

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, they are. WiiFlow doesn't replace USB Loader Gx; you can use either one to load your games. I just use WiiFlow because it detects my hard drive more easily than USBLGX.

Just for the record, they are not mandatory. You can have whatever apps you want, there are no required apps. Reformatting the SD card was the solution to his problem, adding wiiflow and cleanrip was just an unnecessary extra. Not that it was bad, he just didn't need to do it.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for the record, they are not mandatory. You can have whatever apps you want, there are no required apps. Reformatting the SD card was the solution to his problem, adding wiiflow and cleanrip was just an unnecessary extra. Not that it was bad, he just didn't need to do it.

Oh good. I know they're not mandatory, but they're some of the best apps to have on your card.

Defiledhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nooooo.... *wails in anguish* :( Do you have the USB option selected for installing the game? There's not enough room on the SD card for storage. :!: I wish this was the answer. I can't test this since my disc drive doesn't work.

Yes that is the option I have selected. Thank you for keeping up on my situation though.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes that is the option I have selected. Thank you for keeping up on my situation though.

You don't happen to have multiple partitions on your Hard drive do you? USB 1 would be the first partition, which may not be the main one. Are there any other options besided USB 1?

If you want to check your harddrives partitions, plug it in to your computer, click the start button, right-click on Computer, choose manage, then wait for the window to come up. Once it comes up, choose disk management in the sidebar, and wait for that to load, then find the letter for your hard drive in the bottom part. If that letter takes up the whole drive (like this) then you only have 1 partition. If there is another "part" to the drive (like this) then you have multiple partitions, and that is probably why wiiflow isn't working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging