Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok now I am trying neogamma and I can select the game but it only plays whatever gamecube game i put in the drive I really am lost

ok, i think its best to start from the beginning to stop this from getting even more complicated

first: make sure dios mios is the lastest version

lets start with one loader: cfg. get the dios mios compatible version here: https://code.google.com/p/cfg-loader-mod/downloads/list (you know what to do right? just replace the .dol with a new one)

lets just have an app folder with one app 4 now, keep it simple

now for the usb portion:
have it formatted to FAT32 with 32k cluster size (for best compatibilty)
and the layout is this:
usbroot:/games/gameid/game.iso

you should be using dmtoolbox to prepare your iso's. make sure to choose 32k on the selection menu

heres a official guide http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-p...s-from-sd-or-usb-using-dios-mios-lite.318585/
i guessing that if doing the whole setup again doesnt work, you need to tell us what guide you followed to mod your wii.

WTFDINO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a guide on YouTube which was a step by step and used hackmii (the red bomb) to do it. I then downloaded all the wads he said to. Then I disabled disc updates, and online wii updates. The pack came with all the new loaders ,USB loader gx v3.0 r1014, neogamma r9 56b, and NintendoGamecube backup link http://www.yo.tube.com/watch?v=-bxhHXfeXgs

I was using an sd card to keep my apps/games on. I will try the guide you posted with a usb and get back to you tomorrow

WTFDINO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok tried the guide you posted and all my games show up in cfg loader but they all give a black screen after clicking play on them.

Billy egg hatcher: black screen on start.

PSO ep 1&2: black screen on start. (I knew this one wouldn't work)

Naruto2: black screen on start.

I messed around with the options but nothing seems to fix it.

Plus I compressed my games twice once with Gamecube iso compressor and again with DMT so I will redownload the isos and compress with just DMT will be back with results

WTFDINO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I finally fixed it

My problem was that I was using the worng versions of cfg loader and dios mios, Also my usb wasn't fit for it. I plug in an sd card and bam! It works like its brand new. Thank you all so much. Been pulling my hair out over this thank you all.

Reactions: _acid_

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok tried the guide you posted and all my games show up in cfg loader but they all give a black screen after clicking play on them.

Billy egg hatcher: black screen on start.

PSO ep 1&2: black screen on start. (I knew this one wouldn't work)

Naruto2: black screen on start.

I messed around with the options but nothing seems to fix it.

Plus I compressed my games twice once with Gamecube iso compressor and again with DMT so I will redownload the isos and compress with just DMT will be back with results

i would advise to leave the options alone when testing the first around, and also you need to only compressprocess a gamecube game once. DMT is the only program that is recommended, the other programs cant do all the stuff it does (more options for processing).

have you checked out the official dios mios site? (https://code.google.com/p/diosmios/)
they have a page with a FAQ and a page listing game issues. it even mentions PSO ep 1 and 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok, i just downloaded the wad package from the youtube tut. it looks like he did not use dios mios, he used something else. i think the problem might be because you actually dont have dios mios, this guy is using an older technique.

please go to the diios mios official download page to get the lastet version. here: https://code.google.com/p/diosmios/wiki/Downloads?tm=2
pick to one at the top of the list. extract it after download. there will be a DIOS MIOS 2.10.wad in their.

Use the mmm application(multimodmanager) to install it. it will overwrite the thing. then try a game out

Reactions: WTFDINO

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Just got a Wii and I'm just new to this. I want to "mod/hack/i don't know the exact term you all use" my wii to play back-ups. After searching on google, lots of results appeared and made me confused. There is modmii, letterbomb, bannerbomb, wiiflow, loaders and stuff. I don't really know where to start. I have with me a 1tb drive and some good ol sd cards. Can someone help me out here. I'm a total noob on this. Thanks in advance.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering, is there any way to use Gecko OS with wii back ups? I want to play project M, but my disc keeps freezing.
Any specific reason you want to use Gecko OS? If it's cheats, you don't need that, most USB loaders have cheat support.

Hi. Just got a Wii and I'm just new to this. I want to "mod/hack/i don't know the exact term you all use" my wii to play back-ups. After searching on google, lots of results appeared and made me confused. There is modmii, letterbomb, bannerbomb, wiiflow, loaders and stuff. I don't really know where to start. I have with me a 1tb drive and some good ol sd cards. Can someone help me out here. I'm a total noob on this. Thanks in advance.
Modmii is the program you want to run that walks you through picking the right exploit and downloads all the general files for you.
http://modmii.zzl.org/

Then you pick a loader and set it up.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-loaders-comparisons-chart.333364/

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
sorry to say, but Project M does not work with backups. You can only use a real brawl disc with Project M. there's no work around.
There could be, if somebody would be bothered to make one. They did for Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii, but from what I see it's sort of a tedious process so doing it for Project M has only been talked about tentatively.

Reactions: _acid_

WTFDINO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii back ups, VCs, and some couple of emulators and media stuff. I'm thinking of using the wiiflow. According to the chart Rydian gave me, it can do all of those.

Oh yeah thats a good loader. For some reason it takes a while for me to open it. For VC you should look into that on youtube I have seen some people posting vids on how to do it.

WTFDINO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah thats a good loader. For some reason it takes a while for me to open it. For VC you should look into that on youtube I have seen some people posting vids on how to do it.

Plus all things for the wii such as emulators can be found at WIIbrew

toyuts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here. While using Newest ModMii, I'm softmodding for first time, and downloading the files, but the blue back ground window has skipped the download for hack mii installer, and the boot mii SD files so far. Can someone enlighten me on the issue?

Kumeleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old Noob here. I already have a modded Wii, but it was modded some time ago, then updated some time after that (but still some time ago), and I'd like to update it now so that it is running the latest greatest softmods.

Here's the info I know (or at least I think I know):
I'm currently running a Wii with gamecube hardware (mem card and controller ports), and it is on 4.1U system software. I used to be able to play Gamecube backups via the disc channel, but they don't appear to work any more.
I have BootMii 0.9 installed and I just made a nand backup.
I have Homebrew Channel 1.08 installed (which I know is out of date).
I have CFG Loader v70 installed (which I'm pretty sure is out of date).
Currently, I have some VC games installed on the main menu as channels, but I do remember that some of the games I had tried to install in the past didn't work.
I have an external USB enclosure hooked to the right port, and can play all of the old games I have installed just fine through CFG Loader.

Here are the goals I'm aiming for:
Play Wii and Gamecube games via my external USB, through one usb loader program (if possible, if not, I would use two programs should it be necessary).
Play VC games either installed to the USB, or off the SD card(like I have currently, for those that did work). I'd really like to get all VC games working if that's possible, whether that be off an SD card or off USB.

Here's my conundrum:
In a nutshell, I have no idea what to install. I've done reading, through this and other forums, and I've seen some say use WiiFlow, some say use CFG, some say other things. Some say install this or that CIOS or DIOS (I think I have those acronyms spelled right?). I've installed ModMii, I ran the syscheck program on my wii, and dropped the log file into it, and it came up with a rather impressive list of things to download and install--however, it mentions things like hackmii/bootmii which I already have (maybe it's speaking of newer versions?).

Should I just start from scratch and re-softmod the wii using a guide(hopefully one you all would recommend)? Should I just install the items ModMii suggests? Is there a ModMii that can run directly on the Wii and do it for me (I ask because I could have sworn that there used to be a program that did that)? What usb loader should I use for best wii & gamecube compatibility (or is it best to use multiple)?

Basically, just, help! Please, of course, and thank you :)

P.s., If it would help, I can paste the ModMii suggested files, or any other info you might need to better advise this rather old, yet perpetual noob.

Tij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old Noob here. I already have a modded Wii, but it was modded some time ago, then updated some time after that (but still some time ago), and I'd like to update it now so that it is running the latest greatest softmods.

Here's the info I know (or at least I think I know):
I'm currently running a Wii with gamecube hardware (mem card and controller ports), and it is on 4.1U system software. I used to be able to play Gamecube backups via the disc channel, but they don't appear to work any more.
I have BootMii 0.9 installed and I just made a nand backup.
I have Homebrew Channel 1.08 installed (which I know is out of date).
I have CFG Loader v70 installed (which I'm pretty sure is out of date).
Currently, I have some VC games installed on the main menu as channels, but I do remember that some of the games I had tried to install in the past didn't work.
I have an external USB enclosure hooked to the right port, and can play all of the old games I have installed just fine through CFG Loader.

Here are the goals I'm aiming for:
Play Wii and Gamecube games via my external USB, through one usb loader program (if possible, if not, I would use two programs should it be necessary).
Play VC games either installed to the USB, or off the SD card(like I have currently, for those that did work). I'd really like to get all VC games working if that's possible, whether that be off an SD card or off USB.

Here's my conundrum:
In a nutshell, I have no idea what to install. I've done reading, through this and other forums, and I've seen some say use WiiFlow, some say use CFG, some say other things. Some say install this or that CIOS or DIOS (I think I have those acronyms spelled right?). I've installed ModMii, I ran the syscheck program on my wii, and dropped the log file into it, and it came up with a rather impressive list of things to download and install--however, it mentions things like hackmii/bootmii which I already have (maybe it's speaking of newer versions?).

Should I just start from scratch and re-softmod the wii using a guide(hopefully one you all would recommend)? Should I just install the items ModMii suggests? Is there a ModMii that can run directly on the Wii and do it for me (I ask because I could have sworn that there used to be a program that did that)? What usb loader should I use for best wii & gamecube compatibility (or is it best to use multiple)?

Basically, just, help! Please, of course, and thank you :)

P.s., If it would help, I can paste the ModMii suggested files, or any other info you might need to better advise this rather old, yet perpetual noob.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-4-the-masterpiece-pack-by-abz.336543/

this is everything anyone could ever need for the wii.

Kumeleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you for the link Tij. After following the link to the WiiFlow Pack website, I must admit that my noobness is coming into play.

I'm a bit confused on what I'd actually need to install out of the massive pack. For example, it mentions installing wads from a DM(L) folder, but later mentions that DiosMiosLite is only needed if running off an SD card, not from USB. Similarly, it mentions Devolution, but I had thought, from what I've read, that Devolution isn't something I'd need/want.

Might there be a more streamlined version of WiiFlow that doesn't include some of the extraneous items that the pack does? Possibly accompanied by an easier to follow instruction list on installing? I hate to ask, it's just that it is a bit daunting, especially when I don't know exactly what I need given that I'm just running an old-fashioned Wii(not wiiU or vWii[I don't even know what that is lol]). Back when I updated a long time ago, things were so much simpler lol, just follow a guide to update the softmod, install a new cfg loader, and was done, or so I remember it going.

Thanks again for any further advice you could give.

-------------Edit------------

Nevermind, I got everything working through CFG. Thanks again though for the help Tij :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo