Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

mock_turtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I am literally brand new to this and I'm having some trouble, so hopefully someone can help me. I'm trying to mod my Wii because I imported Pandora's Tower (before it was announced for the US), Project Zero 2 and Another Code R, and I plan to get Captain Rainbow and Fatal Frame 4. I've been following this tutorial, and I've got the homebrew channel up and running, but no matter what I do I can't get IOS236 working. I literally put all of the files in every folder (and just the non-folder at the beginning) in hopes that somewhere it'll stick, but when I open up THC there's just... nothing. I feel like I must be missing something since I'm on a mac, and thus don't see any sd:/apps directory in the first place. Can someone please help me? I'm dying to play Pandora's Tower right now since the US release got me pumped up. Thanks!

mock_turtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I did that (I just had to make a folder on the SD card called "apps", apparently?), but now I'm at another roadblock. I'm trying to install Configurable USB Loader, but going back to the tutorial I linked to earlier, it said I needed to download a different meta.xml file, but when I click the link it has to do so, I don't see any place that says "download" or some such. Help?

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I did that (I just had to make a folder on the SD card called "apps", apparently?), but now I'm at another roadblock. I'm trying to install Configurable USB Loader, but going back to the tutorial I linked to earlier, it said I needed to download a different meta.xml file, but when I click the link it has to do so, I don't see any place that says "download" or some such. Help?

ok here you go
http://www.mediafire.com/?38763vfc58zi88c

really all i did was copy and paste to a text document then open it in notepad and then save as meta.xml

mock_turtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that! Either I'm really dumb or you're really smart. BUT... now I'm having another problem. I open up the configurable USB loader on my Wii and it says "ERROR: Custom IOS 249 is a stub! Please reinstall it."

...Yeah, I don't even know.

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for that! Either I'm really dumb or you're really smart. BUT... now I'm having another problem. I open up the configurable USB loader on my Wii and it says "ERROR: Custom IOS 249 is a stub! Please reinstall it."

...Yeah, I don't even know.
Probably a update replaced your ios 249 for a stub (something like a empty IOS)
its just reinstall it, you can use modmii for that :lol:

Snorlax1994

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a little problem with my wii. I downloaded Mario Superstar Sluggers for my wii (PAL version btw) and it works almost perfect the only problem is that i see no colours. I tried difrent usb loaders (wiiflow, usb loader GX neogamma and configurable usb loader) So how do i get the colours back?

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a little problem with my wii. I downloaded Mario Superstar Sluggers for my wii (PAL version btw) and it works almost perfect the only problem is that i see no colours. I tried difrent usb loaders (wiiflow, usb loader GX neogamma and configurable usb loader) So how do i get the colours back?
Search in game options at loader something like video mode and try force ntsc or 480p if you use component cables.

mxtime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have an older generation Wii running 4.3U.
I have spent the last week several hours a day trying to learn about wii hacking and load Rock Band 3 DLC wads but keep getting Error 204036.
The songs show up as purchased (so I know internet is connected) but it gives error 204036 when I try and download one.
I have tried loading the wads from ios 56 and 37 and get the error 1022 (which I understand is correct)
I am running Rock band 3 from the original disk and and using a sdhc 16gb card for DLC and WADS
Here is what I have done/tried.
homebrew installed via letterbomb
Patched ios 37 55 56 249 etc...
unloading all RB2/RB3 wads I could find before loading any.
loaded priiloader and disabled disk updating and software updating
downgrade wii shop to v20 from v21 (Not sure if needed but did it out of sheer desperation after trying everything else)

Tried multiple combinations in different order..
As far as I understand it, RB2 uses ios37 and rb3 uses 56..
I have trolled the forums and interwebs looking but cant find anything that works..
Thoughts?

mock_turtle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOH, sorry for don't understand before :P , search for modmii topic here in the forum
its a windows program that download and generate a tutorial to reinstall your cIOS on your wii.
Yeah, like I said, I'm new to this. I'm not a hacker, I just want to play games. T_T.

I'm on a mac, though, will it work for me??

mxtime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have an older generation Wii running 4.3U.
I have spent the last week several hours a day trying to learn about wii hacking and load Rock Band 3 DLC wads but keep getting Error 204036.
The songs show up as........ etc....

Not noob enough question for this thread? Should I ask somewhere else?

MetalGear_Yoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. I want to update my softmodded Wii to the latest firmware so I can get the Wii U transfer tool and transfer all my paid VC games. The problem is that it has been so long since I've used my somftmodded Wii that I have no idea how to update. I'm currently at Ver 4.1E and have HBC installed and I have the nand.bin file I made when I originally modded the Wii. I'm really at a loss and step by step instructions would be great. TBH, I'm not too worried about the Wii, if I have to virginize it I wouldn't care, really only interested in getting the transfer done.​
Thanks.​
Edit: Ok, nevermind, found a good tutorial and got it working.​
Link for those in the same boat:​
http://gwht.wikidot.com/wii-shop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...