Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

MajorFoley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
no just search the forums for syscheck it is app that is launched from HBC
ok i installed in from homebrew app browser, how do i tell if its installed after it displays the report? i thought i saw a couple of lines but...
ive also downloaded wii flow and put it on my SD card, ive also noticed a channel follower on its page, and it says to copy this file over to a folder called bootmii, but i dont seem to have it on my sd card yet im sure i used something like that while softmodding, so how could i put this app on the channel page? ive got a screen shot of my folder hierarchy attached, and the sys log report if you want that too

Attachments

• SD card hierarchy.png
    SD card hierarchy.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 174

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
So I'm looking into SNEEK again just because I really would like the always-on brick protection for if I want to mess with custom banners and that junk...

According to the ult softmod fancy fo'shizzle, I can just take a dump of my NAND or make a new dump (will likely just make a new one so I get HBC and my settings), do some ancient voodoo commandline+modmii magic, and then just... stick it in a folder or two on my SD card?

So my question is, will the rest of my SD card behave like normal? Like, I can still have homebrew on it in the same structure as before, etc?

MajorFoley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok so just drag n drop the .csv file onto modmii classic and it will take care of the cios for you as for the syscheck forwarder you can use modmii to make one in the advanced menu
i found a forwarder for wiiflow, but what is bootmii classic? i dont see it on any of my folders, although i know my homebrew channel has bootmii function i thought it was just for installing the softmod in the first place

bobjrsenior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone help me get hombrew to recognize/work with my sd card or external HDD?

Whenever the sd card is in the wii, bootmii doesn't appear at startup and if I go to the sd card from the wii menu then it says "The device inserted in the SD Card Slot cannot be used". When I go to the hombrew channel, no apps appear even though I have some in the apps/name/ folders and when I bring up the hombrew menu to choose a device, it sometimes crashes when I choose the card. I have another SD card that works and this one has many of the exact same folders/apps. I know that the wii should be able to recognize it because I can see the folders through wiixplorer. My HDD behaves the same way in that it isn't recognized by hombrew and can crash it when I try to make hombrew load from it.

Here are some images of a crash when I try to make hombrew read from the sd card that isn't working (Sorry about the red glare in the middle): http://imgur.com/a/1o1PC

I'm trying to get the SD card to work because I'm hoping I can get the HDD to work if I figure out the sd cards problem. Also because I'm trying to get back into softmodding and the old sd card has a lot of clutter/outdated apps.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
So I'm looking into SNEEK again just because I really would like the always-on brick protection for if I want to mess with custom banners and that junk...

According to the ult softmod fancy fo'shizzle, I can just take a dump of my NAND or make a new dump (will likely just make a new one so I get HBC and my settings), do some ancient voodoo commandline+modmii magic, and then just... stick it in a folder or two on my SD card?

So my question is, will the rest of my SD card behave like normal? Like, I can still have homebrew on it in the same structure as before, etc?

to have hbc work you will need v 1.0.7 or less and use modmii with the option of having the sd card on for homebrew and it should work fine

i use reg sneek and uneek for all my games/wiiware/vc/everything

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
Wait so HBC versions above 1.0.7 won't work if installed in a SNEEK setup?

yeah thats something team twizzers put in there specifically so it would not work

if you have an old nand dump with 1.0.5 or 1.0.6 or 1.0.7 on it it will work but you will have to do some hex editing for it to work right or you get the finger after the press 1 button and scam screen

sangambongo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wanted to ask witch is the best format a game should have to put it in neogamma or usb loader gx i use a 8 gb sd card and have a game already in iso format and in wbfs format. i also wanted to know what should be the name of the folder. it is a pal game and i dont know witch settings i have to put on in germany i know that i need to force video but i dont know into what i hope someone can help me

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to ask witch is the best format a game should have to put it in neogamma or usb loader gx i use a 8 gb sd card and have a game already in iso format and in wbfs format. i also wanted to know what should be the name of the folder. it is a pal game and i dont know witch settings i have to put on in germany i know that i need to force video but i dont know into what i hope someone can help me
i would say have your sd card formatted to fat32 and have your games in wbfs format your games should be in the wbfs folder use wii backup manager to convert games http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-backup-manager-for-windows.188295/
example
x:\wbfs\Super Mario Bros. 3+ [SM3E01]\SM3E01.wbfs

as for the force video if you start the game and its black and white you need to change the settings to force video to your region if your on a pal wii u need to force video to pal also make sure you have priloader installed and have it set to region free hope this helps man :)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
yeah thats something team twizzers put in there specifically so it would not work

if you have an old nand dump with 1.0.5 or 1.0.6 or 1.0.7 on it it will work but you will have to do some hex editing for it to work right or you get the finger after the press 1 button and scam screen
So wait, is it just the installer? 'Cause I have 1.1.2 installed on my real NAND, can I just do another dump and use that?

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Nah bootmii is IOS, a bit too new to have it as boot2 on this one. I guess since this replaces bootmii I can just hold reset go boot into priiloader and tell it to boot the 'bootmii' IOS, that's a lot quicker than boot-systemmenu-HBC-home-menu.

EDIT: When in SNEEK, USB Loader GX won't detect the USB HDD (though it's booting from it...). Works just fine when not in SNEEK. In addition without Homebrew Browser working I can't attempt to launch homebrew from in SNEEK to see if that stuff works, and I can't install HombrewFilter either to see if that works as I need to be able to launch homebrew and I can't run it from HDD, and remounting the SD in USB Loader GX doesn't work when in SNEEK mode.

And I don't want to install HBF in real NAND and then do another backup if the USB stuff still won't work.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
Nah bootmii is IOS, a bit too new to have it as boot2 on this one. I guess since this replaces bootmii I can just hold reset go boot into priiloader and tell it to boot the 'bootmii' IOS, that's a lot quicker than boot-systemmenu-HBC-home-menu.

EDIT: When in SNEEK, USB Loader GX won't detect the USB HDD (though it's booting from it...). Works just fine when not in SNEEK. In addition without Homebrew Browser working I can't attempt to launch homebrew from in SNEEK to see if that stuff works, and I can't install HombrewFilter either to see if that works as I need to be able to launch homebrew and I can't run it from HDD, and remounting the SD in USB Loader GX doesn't work when in SNEEK mode.

And I don't want to install HBF in real NAND and then do another backup if the USB stuff still won't work.

get showmiiwads and install any wad you want to your sneek nand on your pc, usbloaders wont work in sneek the way that they are i have some mods of some of them i can send you one
is GX the one you prefer

are you using sneek or uneek sneek = nand on sd games on usb
uneek = nand on usb games on usb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!