Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Dueler

Trophies
Website
dueler.blogspot.com
XP
Country
So im on 4.1E and the last round of updating crap i did was for other M but before this my wii was so out of date, like 3.2E days... so yeah.. anyone got a link to a good guide for 4.1 to whatever the suggested version is these days that brings my wii up to a respectable age?
I would just leave it as is, but my wii has been messing up recently so i figured hey, why not now
wink.gif

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dueler said:
So im on 4.1E and the last round of updating crap i did was for other M but before this my wii was so out of date, like 3.2E days... so yeah.. anyone got a link to a good guide for 4.1 to whatever the suggested version is these days that brings my wii up to a respectable age?
I would just leave it as is, but my wii has been messing up recently so i figured hey, why not now
wink.gif

QUOTE(edy101edy @ Sep 29 2010, 06:49 AM) Could someone post the ideal IOS versions (dump from Syscheck) of a perfectly softmodded Wii 4.1. Thanks.

Follow this guide.

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me what this is all about?

ChokeD said:
Taken from here:

http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-guide

Puneek by giantpune (Thanks for sharing)
giantpune decided to share his source with us. You want it ??? You know you do !!!
email: [email protected]
This is from the source, this is not mine, this is giantpune all the way.
Take a look:

Quick and dirty to verify that the pune modules are working
(USB)
  • Must have boot2_USB.bin on SD root (as boot2.bin).
  • Must have boot2_USB.bin on USB root (as boot2.bin).
  • Must have di.bin on USB root.
  • Do not need di.bin on SD.
  • Do not need bootmii folder on USB.
  • Must have working NAND dump on USB.
  • Do not need NAND on SD.
  • Must have correctly installed game on USB
(Thanks fogbank)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 new icons to distinguish Pune's mods (Thanks pepxl)
iconp.png
iconwb.png

Would this allow me to boot sneek from my SD nand and then launch my backup library w/ a usb launcher? how about boot my nand from usb and then launch a backup from usb with launcher? Why hasn't this been released officially or more documented? has it been released officially? Would i need to change how my backups are already formated, any need for discEX? Lamens terms? Are there any guides that would help me along to setting up a build enviro in ubuntu, and following along to build all this stuff? what stuff would I need?

Thanks.

also...can someone advise me here...too. I made it through 25 pages of the SNEEK-DI Guide...but I can't find the answer.

Can someone help me? I am currently running SNEEK (NON DI) and it booted up fine and I know its working cause I have 1000+ free blocks. However, I can't get the homebrew channel to run. I get the scam warning when I run it, and it just hangs there.
I followed the instructions to install HBC which I found as Homebrew Channel.wad on my Wii, to the Sneek I made. However, it doesn't change anything, I still get the scam message and nothing happens.
I made the sneek from a bootmii backup of 3.4u. When I attmpted to install HBC to sneek, I copied the hbc.wad into my sneek nand on the SD, and then copied over the tickets from my original nand, just like it said. Still not working. However!!! my HBC IS! 1.08, not 1.07. Does that matter?
I wanted to get HBC up and working so I could install the latest Waninkoko cIOSX20, cause I hear it has sneek support........thus allowing me to run my usb loader off my USB drive and launch my backups. Can I do that?
(I still don't know what PUNE's custom stuff is all about......)
NReale3370 said:
You can, but if its 1.0.8 don't bother it doesn't work in SNEEK
lol...okay. So then can I? run USB loader via SKEEN if I already have HBC .08?
ChokeD said:
sakax said:
QUOTE(conanac @ Aug 28 2010, 10:45 PM)
Go to the first page of this thread, and there is a section called "Other Valuable Downloads" which has a link to font.bin.

Let me know if you still find any problem to get it.

thanks, i got sneek running :-)

however hbc 1.0.8 is inluded in my virtual nand. how do i remove hbc 1.0.8 and replace it with hbc 1.0.7. i cannot install it as my hbc doesnt work in nand right now.

can i use bannerbomb in my virtual nand?
Showmiiwads from the first post, on how to install HBC to your NAND will delete it out of the NAND and install the 1.0.7 HBC.WAD.

Right click and delete.
hmmmm. and noone is gonna hand out 1.07 hbc.wad. i don't even know if USB loading works in sneek, really. I'll just read through the 118 pages...surely. it will be answered.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is better for me to use to install Wads with Wad Manager 1.7 or Multi-mod-Manager? And the kind of wads I am talking about are Wii Ware games or the Internet Channel.

edy101edy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Have a Wii softmod 4.1u. I could not enable wiiconnect24. When I press WiiConnect24, I don't get the Wiiconnect24, Standby Connection, Slot Illumination buttons. Message you need to update to access wiiconnect24 only pops up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
can i run game cube games off a usb loader? i saw some video of it being done
No. It cannot be done unless someone releases a GC USB Loader. It is still in development stage (possibly have stopped) at this time.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kubas88 said:
How to run Super Mario Galaxy 2? I'm getting error 002.
What methods are you using? Disc channel loading through darkcorp? Disc channel through modchip? Disc channel through Priiloader? Disc channel through Neogamma? USB loading?

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
having trouble getting HBC reinstalled on a 3.4U backup nand IN SNEEK. Sneek runs fine. I already had 1.0.8 of HBC installed.

I've been trying to get HBCI.wad to run the 1.0.6 boot.elf, with limited success. First I needed to install IOS 61 just to get it to load up the installer. Then HBC 1.0.6 couldn't fine any vulnerable IOS's. This was fixed by installing the earliest versions of both IOS 30 & IOS 61 from NUSDownloader. I found these two by doing some willy nilly searching around, and kinda randomly installing IOS's that were recommended. Its sneek, right?

NOW! I can attempt to install HBC 1.0.6, but I get a ticket error on install. "unable to install ticket "

could someone please ! please! shed some light. I'd like to use my 3.4U backup as it already has all my saves and VC I have. I've literally been working on this for a couple days. I'm up to page 90 on the Sneek V2 thread.
I also uninstalled the HBC 1.0.8 through the channel menu before attempting to install 1.0.6. also done in sneek.

The OP guide makes no mention of methods for people who already had 1.0.8 installed on their backup nand, as this version is inoperable. (if this was located in the SNEEK+DI quick guide thread)

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dn_angel000 said:
Instead of installing the WAD y not install it using the HackMii Installer?
?
i'm using HBCI.wad, supplied in the SneekV2 thread, to launch the HBC 1.0.6 boot.elf located at the root of the USB drive.
i actually mistakingly posted this into the newb, probably should be in Sneek guide...oh well.

UHG. i thought possibly uninstalling HBC 1.0.8 from within SNEEK using the HBCI.wad would work, but upon launching HBC 1.0.8 boot.elf using HBCI.wad, the damn thing reports "no vulnerable IOS found" when HBC 1.0.8, WAS already! installed on my nand I backed up from.
wacko.gif

I think I might just try to get a virgin 3.2 and move over my saves and wads. this HBC thing is infuriating.

i might move this question over to a sneek forum, seems more appropriate.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay I'm noob because I hack my 4.1 wii without any problems at all, and didn't touch it since 1 year aproximatily (since new super mario bros wii release)

and now, I want to buy a Black wii and hack it.. and want to know all the steps I have to do to make a usb hd works..

I know I have to run the hackmii installer with smash stack only?

after I have install the homebrew channel what I have to do?

I have done the truch bug restorer in the past, did I have to do it again??

I have search a lot and didn't find a step by step guide to do it

help will be really appreciated!!thanx a lot!!

Pete, From Quebec

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pete666 said:
okay I'm noob because I hack my 4.1 wii without any problems at all, and didn't touch it since 1 year aproximatily (since new super mario bros wii release)

and now, I want to buy a Black wii and hack it.. and want to know all the steps I have to do to make a usb hd works..

I know I have to run the hackmii installer with smash stack only?

after I have install the homebrew channel what I have to do?

I have done the truch bug restorer in the past, did I have to do it again??

I have search a lot and didn't find a step by step guide to do it

help will be really appreciated!!thanx a lot!!

Pete, From Quebec
Use ModMii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle