What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DiabolicalKid said:
OK, need a quick, straight forward answer. I have a SOFTMODDED wii, is their anyway i can play SSBB on a DVD9? I have CISO rev 15 and neogamma r8 b15
FIrst off, Neogamma won't play anything with rev15. Get rev14. And you have to burn it in IMgBurn with the layer break set to 2084960

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
DiabolicalKid said:
OK, need a quick, straight forward answer. I have a SOFTMODDED wii, is their anyway i can play SSBB on a DVD9? I have CISO rev 15 and neogamma r8 b15
FIrst off, Neogamma won't play anything with rev15. Get rev14. And you have to burn it in IMgBurn with the layer break set to 2084960
Rev14 doesn't handle dvd9 games best off using a usb loader and IOS222

DiabolicalKid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
DiabolicalKid said:

Tried with rev 14 still didnt work, i used will safe updater 4.2 to get all of my other iso files, is there any other ones i might need?
I dont have an hdd for a usb loader, i need something to work off cd

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DiabolicalKid said:
tattar8 said:
DiabolicalKid said:

Tried with rev 14 still didnt work, i used will safe updater 4.2 to get all of my other iso files, is there any other ones i might need?
Why not just use the DVD5 version?

DiabolicalKid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
DiabolicalKid said:
tattar8 said:
DiabolicalKid said:

Why not just use the DVD5 version?

Eh, my OCD wants the proper version ahahaha

username1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry about all this, but I don't think my question was fully answered.

Is there any way I can play Korean games on my US Wii?
Will Gecko OS or anything like that do the job?

I'm not interested in loading backups or ISO's, I want to buy the actual things and play them on my wii...

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
username1234 said:
Sorry about all this, but I don't think my question was fully answered.

Is there any way I can play Korean games on my US Wii?
Will Gecko OS or anything like that do the job?

I'm not interested in loading backups or ISO's, I want to buy the actual things and play them on my wii...
you could use system menu hack...region free wii games.

Rossman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've noticed on most torrent sites there are 10 times more PAL games available than USA games. Is there a reason for this?
wacko.gif

dick9876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dick9876 said:
system menu updated to 4.1U
Modded September 2009
NeoGamma R6 Backup Launcher Channel
USB loader Gx Channel
HomeBrew Channel 1.0.3
Bootmii Boot2
Cios 249 rev 14
Preloader 0.29
This wii was bought when they First came out. So it is an old one.

Problem: One of the wiis that I have modded locks up with certain games. The other wiis I modded play these games fine.

Games:
Call of duty World at war (when character gets his first gun he starts to spin around and won't stop)
Excite Truck (If you start a race it will continue to work, but you have to get past the menus at the beginning)
Barnyard (when talking to some of the other animals)

Does a system update change ALL the ISOs
Could it be that some of the ISO files are just too old? If so, which should I update?
Problem solved...
Installed cios 222 and cios 223. Switched to a different USB loader (configurable USB loader) it uses the cios 222.
We started up the problem games and they went right past the problem spots.

Chris3z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, got a question regarding a soft modded wii. The guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 worked perfectly on my Wii. Got it running Wiiflow and copied my game discs to a usb drive. However after showing a friend and following the same instructions to do his console, I get the error message when trying to start wiiflow that it "requires an ios249 rev 9 or higher". I ran the dop-ios mod for the trucha bug stuff, then installed the cioses required for usb use ie cios249 rev 15 or 16. However running the wiiflow as stated gives the above error. Everything else seems to work the same as mine did on his, like priiloader, homebrew channel, the forwarder channel for wiiflow. Also there were no error messages reported during any of the steps and it seemed to go the exact same as when i did mine. Any one have any info that could help get his working properly? If any more info is required ill do my best, I'm relatively new to this stuff thx.

zuron7

RBYG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Chris3z said:
Hello all, got a question regarding a soft modded wii. The guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 worked perfectly on my Wii. Got it running Wiiflow and copied my game discs to a usb drive. However after showing a friend and following the same instructions to do his console, I get the error message when trying to start wiiflow that it "requires an ios249 rev 9 or higher". I ran the dop-ios mod for the trucha bug stuff, then installed the cioses required for usb use ie cios249 rev 15 or 16. However running the wiiflow as stated gives the above error. Everything else seems to work the same as mine did on his, like priiloader, homebrew channel, the forwarder channel for wiiflow. Also there were no error messages reported during any of the steps and it seemed to go the exact same as when i did mine. Any one have any info that could help get his working properly? If any more info is required ill do my best, I'm relatively new to this stuff thx.
Try using rev14 you always get best results with that.

QUOTE(JinTrigger @ Jan 15 2010, 12:15 PM) ok I have modded Wii with the homebrew channel, neo gamma loader, Gc loader and boot mii. Is it ok to upade to the lastest firmware safely. I'm on 4.0u
It's safe as long as you use this.

GEncore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup guys!

Kind of a noob here, and I got a question. So my Wii has "unauthorized modifications" going on, I think it has a backup loader (there's a backup loader channel on my Wii, so I'm guessing that's what it has. It says NeoGamma. I didn't do this hacking myself. but pretty sure that's what it's using and not a modchip). Also has a USB Loader channel and the Homebrew channel. So anyway, my question is probably simple to you veterans but not for me.

I know I can't update through Nintendo because they'll brick my system (I'm on 4.1) But I know I'll eventually need to update in order to get newer games running - so what do I do? Can I update without Nintendo knowing somehow or are there any tricks to get these games running?

Thanks!

TVippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, guys, you may call me lazy ass, but I'd like to know what should I do to play Castlevania and Contra Reborn on the Wii. Now I have WiiKey 1 modded console, no softmods, no stuff like that, the FW version is 3.4E. What's the easiest way for me to play them?
rolleyes.gif

Thanks in advance.
gbasp.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TVippy said:
Sorry, guys, you may call me lazy ass, but I'd like to know what should I do to play Castlevania and Contra Reborn on the Wii. Now I have WiiKey 1 modded console, no softmods, no stuff like that, the FW version is 3.4E. What's the easiest way for me to play them?
rolleyes.gif

Thanks in advance.
gbasp.gif
The easiest way is to update to 4.2
rolleyes.gif

GEncore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
Games rely on IOS's not the system menu so if you've got all the right IOS's and there up to date then you should be able to play most games
Thanks! So when a new game comes out the IOS needed for it will likely be posted here right? And I just DL them through Homebrew right.

Thanks a lot

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
GEncore said:
longtom1 said:
Games rely on IOS's not the system menu so if you've got all the right IOS's and there up to date then you should be able to play most games
Thanks! So when a new game comes out the IOS needed for it will likely be posted here right? And I just DL them through Homebrew right.

Thanks a lot
No, it will NEVER be posted here as its illegal
You can get all IOS legally with NUS Downloader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge