Gamerpro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
Gamerpro said:
I have seem to corrupted my Ios-070 is there any way to fix this? I tried reinstalling it, but it's not working. What are the steps to fix this? I appreciate any help! I can run ios-060 with preloader, but ios-070 is corrupted. By the way I have 4.2U.
you look for DOP-IOS mod for you to re-install IOS70 then patch it. http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/dop-ios
Would I install ios-70 on 249 or 36 with dop-ios?
Edit: I got it working but im not sure if I did it correctly...
HBC still shows ios60 running is that normal.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gamerpro said:
razorback78 said:
Gamerpro said:
I have seem to corrupted my Ios-070 is there any way to fix this? I tried reinstalling it, but it's not working. What are the steps to fix this? I appreciate any help! I can run ios-060 with preloader, but ios-070 is corrupted. By the way I have 4.2U.
you look for DOP-IOS mod for you to re-install IOS70 then patch it. http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/dop-ios
Would I install ios-70 on 249 or 36 with dop-ios?
Edit: I got it working but im not sure if I did it correctly...
HBC still shows ios60 running is that normal.
for your first question 249 or 36 as long as it is trucha patched.
HBC running at ios60?
blink.gif
or maybe ios61?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes HBC uses either ios36 or ios61. ios70 is the ios used by system menu 4.2. ios60 is the ios used by 4.0/4.1. i think your installation is just fine. anyways if something goes wrong you could always post in this thread anytime then someone will definitely help you.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't wana make a new thread for just one question so I'm gona ask it here...
Does Wii Sports Resort work on USB loader?
I have the ISO and put it on WBFS manager but everytime I try to start the game it sends me back to the Menu.
Do i have to burn it?
My Wii is 4.2U and the ISO is NTSC-U.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
C175R said:
I don't wana make a new thread for just one question so I'm gona ask it here...
Does Wii Sports Resort work on USB loader?
I have the ISO and put it on WBFS manager but everytime I try to start the game it sends me back to the Menu.
Do i have to burn it?
My Wii is 4.2U and the ISO is NTSC-U.
hi long time no speak.
smile.gif
do the alternative dol trick to play the wii motion plus video. after playing the motion stuff then the game again returns to the system menu or HBC. load again the game but this time don't use the alternative dol. the game will now start normally. but you have to have the wii motion plus device to play the game.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
C175R said:
eh...what's the alternative dol trick?
shy.gif
maybe you could find info here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182895. on my part i used wiiscrubber to extract the player.dol, as far as i remember because i did this last july if i wasn't mistaken, renamed it to the game id of wii sports resort: eg.: rename player.dol to RZTJ01.dol. then use this as the alternative dol file for loading the game, say through loader gx. this will play the motion plus video. after that the game will again go to system menu. run the game again but this time disable the alternative dol.

the link i had provided i think uses a different approach using uLoader.

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i have a couple of noob question here,

First, i'm modding some wii now, my friends wiis and my sister's friends wiis and i want to know the best things to do the best job as possible, so, one of my friend told me that Wii Flow is very cool and easy to use softmod, he use it to play discs but i learned that it is a USB Loader ? how can he play discs with this mod if it is a USB Loader ? also, he showed me that he could dump a Wii DVD and he played it on is Wii with is hard disk after that and it took around 10 minutes .. can i take this file on the HDD and put it on mine in an ISO file with WBFS Manager? i saw too that he could play Guitar Hero and Rock Band, is Hermes cIOS already in the Wii Flow or something ? can i put Hermes cIOS with Waninkoko cIOS too ? or if i put Hermes cIOS will it play game just like Waninkoko cIOS with no differences ? i used to put Waninkoko cIOS all the time but i got asked to burn a Guitar Hero game for one of my friend and he couldn't play it since is instrument didn't worked .. i read a little about Hermes 222/223 and didn't touch it since i didn't have much information .. don't want to brick a friend's Wii .. and last question, i want to know if it's better to play retail game in DVD Backup Loader (i.e Neogamma) or if it's well to play it in the Disc Channel ? will it remove the disc update if i play it in DVD Backup Loader even if it is a retail game ?

Thank you for your answer, sorry for th little mess in my question but i want to learn more about it
smile.gif

pdawg17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a d2ckey installed but I'd like to try and get NSMBW running so I would like to try softmodding...do I need to remove the chip or can I leave it installed?

mazzamoo

Trophies
XP
Country
i heard about soft modding so i went and got a wii installed did the safe 4.2E upgrade offline got cios36 rev 14 preloader bootmii as ios NOW i want to set my internet up on my wii but am scared i will brick it can i set up internet and not set up wii connect 24? or will it auto do it for me when i sign user agreement? thank you in advance

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I'm installing some new IOSes right now and am currently sh*tting my pants :lol
I hope I don't screw it all , I like my imported wii .

edit : still working for now
tongue.gif

edit2: dammit , I still can't update my HBC or install bootmii , what IOSes do I have to get in order to do that ?

Joe903

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently playing 'back up' gmaes using the usb LOADER CFG 48 . I done this by copying the 'Cfg_USB_Loader_48' contents to the sd card and then since used it thorugh the homebrew. I am now playing games through my HDD .
Now from the usb Loader interface you can use the 'download covers' option by pressing left or right on the d-pad . This seems to work , the USB loader connects to the network and starts to download images .But the images and covers are not being applied or saved anywhere on the sd . So now when I browse my games , I have no CD cover artwork , even after apparently downloading it
What have I done wrong ? Why isn't the artwork showing ?
It seems strange that the 'INSDroot' has two folders , should't they be merged?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
charlieg said:
Hi, i have a couple of noob question here,

First, i'm modding some wii now, my friends wiis and my sister's friends wiis and i want to know the best things to do the best job as possible, so, one of my friend told me that Wii Flow is very cool and easy to use softmod, he use it to play discs but i learned that it is a USB Loader ? how can he play discs with this mod if it is a USB Loader ? also, he showed me that he could dump a Wii DVD and he played it on is Wii with is hard disk after that and it took around 10 minutes .. can i take this file on the HDD and put it on mine in an ISO file with WBFS Manager? i saw too that he could play Guitar Hero and Rock Band, is Hermes cIOS already in the Wii Flow or something ? can i put Hermes cIOS with Waninkoko cIOS too ? or if i put Hermes cIOS will it play game just like Waninkoko cIOS with no differences ? i used to put Waninkoko cIOS all the time but i got asked to burn a Guitar Hero game for one of my friend and he couldn't play it since is instrument didn't worked .. i read a little about Hermes 222/223 and didn't touch it since i didn't have much information .. don't want to brick a friend's Wii .. and last question, i want to know if it's better to play retail game in DVD Backup Loader (i.e Neogamma) or if it's well to play it in the Disc Channel ? will it remove the disc update if i play it in DVD Backup Loader even if it is a retail game ?

Thank you for your answer, sorry for th little mess in my question but i want to learn more about it
smile.gif
you have a lot of question here dude.
smile.gif
regarding wiiflow it is true that it is easy to use because of its good looking GUI and user friendly interface, but i do not know if it is now capable of disc loading. i know for sure that usb loader gx and neogamma are loaders capable of doing usb and disc loading. if you want to know more about these apps check here: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers.
yes you could clone hdd with wbfs manager.
not only wiiflow could use cios222/223, but other loaders like uLoader, usb loader gx, etc. usually hermes' cios becomes an alternative for most users if cios249 fails to run a game. for me i use uLoader for 222/223 and neogamma for 249. though most loaders have the option to select on what cios will the game be loaded: 249,222,or 223. all of these cios are capable of backup loading. installing hermes cios will really do no harm if you do the installation correctly. for cios 222/223 info check here: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/cios/hermes-cios.
disc loading on the disc channel is very much different from loading off games using a loader to load the dvd. loading games, say neogamma, allow you to use cios249 to load the game and not the default ios by the game. loaders also gives you flexibility for running games even different from your wii's region. it will also skip disc updates. same is true for using a loader called gecko os.
disc channel loading original or backups will definitely ask for system updates if your console is not up to date. you could not play region free games. you could eliminate this by installing preloader/priiloader or by using startpatch to enable system menu hacks.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mazzamoo said:
i heard about soft modding so i went and got a wii installed did the safe 4.2E upgrade offline got cios36 rev 14 preloader bootmii as ios NOW i want to set my internet up on my wii but am scared i will brick it can i set up internet and not set up wii connect 24? or will it auto do it for me when i sign user agreement? thank you in advance
nice font color.
smile.gif
setting up your wii's internet will not brick your wii. you just have to cancel system update if the wii asks for confirmation to update in order for you to retain the softmod of your wii. every updates from ninty always has a confirmation to the user before update starts. there are no secret updates made to the wii.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol