Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

frenchderf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello every one,

I have a 4.1E using waninkoko 4.0 and later 4.1 (originaly 3.1U) all hacked during the past two years with waninkoko stuff no others. I installed waninkoko rev 10 to 14. Lately, i install 222 and 223 to play with microphone and updated preloader to .30 and bootmii as IOS and boot2 to latest to make new nand backup as far as I lost the old one.

I wanted to sell my wii. When i want to go system menu settings (working) i have like 10 sec after that the wiimote shake and i cannot set cursor anymore... Hang? if i am fast enough, the settings are saved.

What should i do to correct this problem ? reinstall 4.1E ? (from waninkoko safe update ? from wad ?)
Any advice ?

thanks frenchderf

Posts merged

Ichimonji

Go to app/dopios folder rename dol to boot.dol

have a nice day

Ichimonji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frenchderf said:
Hello every one,

I have a 4.1E using waninkoko 4.0 and later 4.1 (originaly 3.1U) all hacked during the past two years with waninkoko stuff no others. I installed waninkoko rev 10 to 14. Lately, i install 222 and 223 to play with microphone and updated preloader to .30 and bootmii as IOS and boot2 to latest to make new nand backup as far as I lost the old one.

I wanted to sell my wii. When i want to go system menu settings (working) i have like 10 sec after that the wiimote shake and i cannot set cursor anymore... Hang? if i am fast enough, the settings are saved.

What should i do to correct this problem ? reinstall 4.1E ? (from waninkoko safe update ? from wad ?)
Any advice ?

thanks frenchderf

Posts merged

Ichimonji

Go to app/dopios folder rename dol to boot.dol

have a nice day

Thank you, i got it running but, umm the guide said to first choose IOS61 but on mine it only goes to IOS 60...is this a problem?

leonardojob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello peeps, I'm new here so go easy on me lol.

I soft modded my wii last year and got the backup launcher gamma 0.3

I managed to play all the games i wanted.

But recently I've been hearing all this information about usb drives, neogamma etc.

I've been mainly trying to play two games (nsmb & re darkside chronicles).

1)-I was just wondering do I need to get neogamma with the usb loader or can I still play newly released games on backup launcher?

2)- Is support for backup launcher still going or has everyone moved to neogamma with the usb loader?

The thing is I like burning games on dvd and playing them, I dont mind.

I have a pal wii, 3.2e, backup launcher gamma 0.3.

All help is appreciated.

Bob_Barker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so im using a 3.3u (first release of the 3.3 not the homebrew blocking 3.3) Launch Wii with Homebrew Channel on it ive installed the one cIOS originally needed to play burned games the cIOS (or is it mIOS) needed to play burned Gamecube games and cIOS rev 10 needed to play games off of USB (recently updated to cIOS rev 14) and ive done nothing else to the system no wads no preloader or bootmii.

I want to update my Wii to 4.2 so i get SD Card support for VC games and so i can connect to the Shop Channel and buy Mario RPG and Super Mario Kart (And if the gaming blogs are any indication Super Smash Brothers is due before years end) and a couple other games (i pirate stuff but not VC games the publishers deserve my money for making the greatness that is the Virtual console and them releasing their games to it i love the retro classics).

Now ive seen a bunch of guides that do all sorts of installs and steps and wads but i want just the bare necessity to be updated but still be able to play my games off USB i dont care if i have to run games in 002 mode or alt dol loading i just want the install to be as simple as possible and not have to install a bunch of stuff im pretty sure i dont need. Anyone have a guide like that i.e. no BootMii no Preloader no extra IOS patches ect?

Burt0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
Burt0 said:
Hey guys,

Just a quick question....

I have a wii here that has that SoftMii v1.0 shit on it (system menu 3.2e with cisocorp) and I want to get rid of cisocorp and update to 4.2.

Can I just do an official update from nintendo then hack 4.2 from there. Or should I follow xzxero's guide HERE and do it that way?

I'm thinking both methods will get rid of cisocorp but I'm not 100% sure.

So can someone please clear this up a bit for me?

Cheers!
you have several options but only one purpose...to restore all the official ios of your wii to get rid of the cios installed by cioscorp: you could use: da_letter_a's cioscorp uninstaller; det1re's uncorp; dop-ios mod; or do it manually by using NUSD then install ios wads through wad manager.

or check on this: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/other-stuff/virgin

Thanks for your help razorback78. I have one last question though.

Will "da_letter_a's cioscorp uninstaller" uninstall older versions of cisocorp (v1.01) or does it only work with the newer versions?

Cheers

EDIT: I tried to install bootmii to boot2 so i could backup the nand but it will only install as an ios because the boot1 fakesigning bug has been patched. So I just want to be certain I'm not going to brick the wii.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ichimonji said:
hi, thanks for your reply but, im having trouble finding dop-ios mod. i put it on the root of my sd card but when i run hbc i dont see it there? why is that?
no. don't place the dop-ios folder on the root but place it like this: eg.: sd://apps/dop-ios/boot.dol .place it inside the apps forlder which HBC uses. be sure to check also that the*.dol file of dop-ios is named as boot.dol; or else HBC could not read it also.

Ichimonji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
Ichimonji said:
hi, thanks for your reply but, im having trouble finding dop-ios mod. i put it on the root of my sd card but when i run hbc i dont see it there? why is that?
no. don't place the dop-ios folder on the root but place it like this: eg.: sd://apps/dop-ios/boot.dol .place it inside the apps forlder which HBC uses. be sure to check also that the*.dol file of dop-ios is named as boot.dol; or else HBC could not read it also.

ok, i did that but the guide you posted for me says to install IOS 61 but when i run it it only goes up to IOS60..what should i do?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Burt0 said:
Thanks for your help razorback78. I have one last question though.

Will "da_letter_a's cioscorp uninstaller" uninstall older versions of cisocorp (v1.01) or does it only work with the newer versions?

Cheers

EDIT: I tried to install bootmii to boot2 so i could backup the nand but it will only install as an ios because the boot1 fakesigning bug has been patched. So I just want to be certain I'm not going to brick the wii.
i don't see why not. his installer, though used it before to uninstall cioscorp 3.4 before and not the older version, only works like an automatic wad manager which install official ios. like i said you could also do this manually by downloading official ios from NUSD, pack the wad of all latest ios, except stub of course, then install it one by one through wad manager. his uninstaller works like this. actually it doesn't even uninstalls but installs over official ios.

what about dop-ios mod? why not use this if you fear using da_letter_a's cioscorp uninstaller. as long as you don't interrupt the installation of all the ios your are just fine.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ichimonji said:
razorback78 said:
Ichimonji said:

ok, i did that but the guide you posted for me says to install IOS 61 but when i run it it only goes up to IOS60..what should i do?
you could use NUS Downloader to download ios61 then pack a wad for it. use wad manager 1.5 to install ios61.

papavader

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Probably already asked, and the right thread to do so too...

I recently updated my Wii with cIOS Rev.15 but sadly, it seems to cause some random hangups. So to get back to rev 14 is the only thing I need to do is reinstall rev 14 with Wad manager? Thanks!

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
papavader said:

I recently updated my Wii with cIOS Rev.15 but sadly, it seems to cause some random hangups. So to get back to rev 14 is the only thing I need to do is reinstall rev 14 with Wad manager? Thanks!
yes. it will overwrite not need to uninstall cios.

Ichimonji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
Ichimonji said:
razorback78 said:
Ichimonji said:

you could use NUS Downloader to download ios61 then pack a wad for it. use wad manager 1.5 to install ios61.

Thanks, i fixed my hbc because of you and the others help! thanks again!

papavader

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
razorback78 said:
papavader said:

yes. it will overwrite not need to uninstall cios.
Thanks you!
cool.gif

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bob_Barker said:
Alright so im using a 3.3u (first release of the 3.3 not the homebrew blocking 3.3) Launch Wii with Homebrew Channel on it ive installed the one cIOS originally needed to play burned games the cIOS (or is it mIOS) needed to play burned Gamecube games and cIOS rev 10 needed to play games off of USB (recently updated to cIOS rev 14) and ive done nothing else to the system no wads no preloader or bootmii.

I want to update my Wii to 4.2 so i get SD Card support for VC games and so i can connect to the Shop Channel and buy Mario RPG and Super Mario Kart (And if the gaming blogs are any indication Super Smash Brothers is due before years end) and a couple other games (i pirate stuff but not VC games the publishers deserve my money for making the greatness that is the Virtual console and them releasing their games to it i love the retro classics).

Now ive seen a bunch of guides that do all sorts of installs and steps and wads but i want just the bare necessity to be updated but still be able to play my games off USB i dont care if i have to run games in 002 mode or alt dol loading i just want the install to be as simple as possible and not have to install a bunch of stuff im pretty sure i dont need. Anyone have a guide like that i.e. no BootMii no Preloader no extra IOS patches ect?
zektors 4.2 updater
its simple just run it and it will download all the nesessary IOS files and system menu
but you will have to reinstall priiloader if you had it

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
leonardojob said:
Hello peeps, I'm new here so go easy on me lol.

I soft modded my wii last year and got the backup launcher gamma 0.3

I managed to play all the games i wanted.

But recently I've been hearing all this information about usb drives, neogamma etc.

I've been mainly trying to play two games (nsmb & re darkside chronicles).

1)-I was just wondering do I need to get neogamma with the usb loader or can I still play newly released games on backup launcher?

2)- Is support for backup launcher still going or has everyone moved to neogamma with the usb loader?

The thing is I like burning games on dvd and playing them, I dont mind.

I have a pal wii, 3.2e, backup launcher gamma 0.3.

All help is appreciated.
1) neogamma is the successor of gamma check here for info: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=175...amp;hl=neogamma
2) here is a link to the info regarding the latest backup launchers: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers.

for more info how to run nsmb here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189802.

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Need some help here guys .

I'm trying to update my HBC , and wanted to install bootmii as well , but whatever I do , the hackmii installer says that I don't have any "known vulnerable IOS installed" on my wii ...

I got a US wii @ 3.2U , and the 1.1 version of the homebrew channel .

What do I need to do in order to fix that , update my HBC to the latest version , and install bootmii ?

leonardojob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys help needed.

I installed neogamma r7 (since I heard r8 had some issues).

It installed fine but the problem is...

When I tuned it on it said "you have ios249 rev 7, neogamma was designed to work with rev 14 upwards, some games may not work"

I just wanted to know how do I get from rev 7 to rev 14? And is iso249 good or do I need a newer ios?

Thanks people.

Posts merged

Hey guys help needed.

When I tuned it on it said "you have ios249 rev 7, neogamma was designed to work with rev 14 upwards, some games may not work"

I just wanted to know how do I get from rev 7 to rev 14? And is iso249 good or do I need a newer ios?

Thanks people.

madcapslaugh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
leonardojob said:
Hey guys help needed.

Thanks people.

Posts merged

Hey guys help needed.

Thanks people.

ok, so i apologizes in advance if im explaining things you already know, but i figure someone will read this and it will teach them a thing or two.

neogamma and your wii in general needs specific hacked "drivers" in order to run backups/homebrew properly. These drivers are called IOS files, they come in different numbers (IOS36, IOS70 for example) not only that but each IOS will have a version number, v6174 for example.

The traditional "hacked" IOS (or custom IOS, cIOS for short) is number 249, cIOS249, it has 15 different versions to date, the most compatible/stable at the moment is cIOS249 rev14.

There is a program that can easily be found via google called "cIOS38_rev14-Installer" Here is the description included with this installer.

This is a Custom IOS, an IOS modified to add some new features
not available in the official IOS.

This IOS has been made to be used ONLY with homebrew software.

The Custom IOS installs as IOS249 and it does not modify any other
IOS so it is secure to install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1