Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

soccerboy169

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for pokemon soul silver

im not sure if this was asked but i dont feel like looking at 86 pages on here just to find the answer so i am willing to take the yelling about this

cant u just apply both patches of this Kazo's Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Translation and Magnius's Pokemon Soul Silver Translation and save it on the same cart?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
soccerboy169 said:
for pokemon soul silver

im not sure if this was asked but i dont feel like looking at 86 pages on here just to find the answer so i am willing to take the yelling about this

cant u just apply both patches of this Kazo's Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Translation and Magnius's Pokemon Soul Silver Translation and save it on the same cart?
This is a Wii forum my friend
Go to the NDS forums
wink.gif

Sameal

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im sorry to burst on to the forums...without any introduction...I probably will get flamed for not reading up and 'posting like a dumbass'...please resist the temptation.

Hi...my name is Sameal...My friend bought the wii (PAL)from japan and had told me not to update anything.

In a moment of stupidity, I did update and now im apparently runnin 4.2U

I have no idea which firmware/update I was runnin before...but I have a faint memory of seeeing 4.0 somewhere on the screen once..

I am absolutely clueless with the inner workings of the wii, the hacks, the cracks, the freeloaders, the preloaders, the bootmiis...I've only just begun reading about these terms after my wii update.

I updated the wii while I was playing Guitar Hero: World Tour (Love spreads actually !) then went back to playing..then when I restarted the next morning, the cd wouldnt read anymore! My fake burnt wii sport cd still works though. That was 3 days back and since then im searching for a way to go back to my previous version.

A few forums have the answers...im hoping you guys here can help.

I've read a few of the 308 pages so far and seems like you guys know what you're talking about.

So..Im presenting to you'll my virgin brain...

Load me up.

Please.

Thanks.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
preloader doesnt do anything when i run it. i pushed 1 to make it switch screens but then it give me a black screen and ten seconds it boots me out to HBC menu.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sameal said:
Im sorry to burst on to the forums...without any introduction...I probably will get flamed for not reading up and 'posting like a dumbass'...please resist the temptation.

Hi...my name is Sameal...My friend bought the wii (PAL)from japan and had told me not to update anything.

In a moment of stupidity, I did update and now im apparently runnin 4.2U

I have no idea which firmware/update I was runnin before...but I have a faint memory of seeeing 4.0 somewhere on the screen once..

I am absolutely clueless with the inner workings of the wii, the hacks, the cracks, the freeloaders, the preloaders, the bootmiis...I've only just begun reading about these terms after my wii update.

I updated the wii while I was playing Guitar Hero: World Tour (Love spreads actually !) then went back to playing..then when I restarted the next morning, the cd wouldnt read anymore! My fake burnt wii sport cd still works though. That was 3 days back and since then im searching for a way to go back to my previous version.

A few forums have the answers...im hoping you guys here can help.

I've read a few of the 308 pages so far and seems like you guys know what you're talking about.

So..Im presenting to you'll my virgin brain...

Load me up.

Please.

Thanks.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Follow the 4.2 section.

QUOTE(BortzANATOR @ Oct 5 2009, 01:20 PM) ok. new problem. i am installing cIOS's and i ran into a snag. when the guide (complete softmod guide.pdf) says to run the cIOS38rev14 installer, it that from the HBC channel? or in the Truncha Bug restorer menu? its not showing up for me in the HBC or the TBR menu but its on my card.

That installer is an application. Apps are run through the HBC just like the Trucha Bug Restorer. As a result any apps should be set up on your SD card exactly like the Trucha Bug Restorer is. It needs to be in the apps folder, in it's own folder, with the .dol file renamed to boot.dol. So you should have something like SD:\apps\cIOS installer\boot.dol on your sd card and then you should run it through the HBC.

If you read through the guide in my sig you shouldn't have any questions about how or why you do anything there, and if you do, post in that thread to ask so I can update it if need be.

dcoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So..I havent been reading up for a while and now there's loads of stuff..

and I just read on gamespot.com that wii's are being bricked by this new 4.2 update.

Im still on 4.0 after using the Waninkoko updater thing a while back.

So..should I just leave as is?

Or is there now a Waninkoko updater thing that takes us to 4.2?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dcoop said:

and I just read on gamespot.com that wii's are being bricked by this new 4.2 update.

You don't need to bother updating to 4.2. You can use Waninkoko's 4.1 updater if you want, but even that doesn't really add much except a minor bug fix with WSR.

dcoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
dcoop said:

You don't need to bother updating to 4.2. You can use Waninkoko's 4.1 updater if you want, but even that doesn't really add much except a minor bug fix with WSR.

Okie dokie..I guess I wont bother then.

Is it possible that eventually Nintendo will release a game with an update or something on it that means it'll be imnpossible for modded wii's to play?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dcoop said:
nabster92 said:
dcoop said:

Okie dokie..I guess I wont bother then.

Is it possible that eventually Nintendo will release a game with an update or something on it that means it'll be imnpossible for modded wii's to play?

Likely not. Preloader can block disc updates entirely, and any sort of requirement needed for a game to play can be installed manually. If you come across a game you can't play, just come around here and look for it and see what solutions are there for it.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so preloader and bootmii dont seem to be installed on my wii. I remember doing the stuff for bootmii and later i tried to install preloader and it wouldnt do anything.

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
So I was curious about my IOS's, So I did this signcheck thing... one thing that confused me was they all say boot2 access is disabled, what does this mean. @_@;;

Edit: On another one, called IOS check.. it goes on about some IOS's only being a stub.. and other probably only being a stub, what does that mean? :/ It then skips all checks.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i used "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below, aka the simplistic mod" to softmod now i can't play the games that i bought from the shop channel before i softmodded.

did i do something wrong?

all i get when i try to load the game is a black screen then the wii resets itself.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
bowser said:
bowser said:
I already have BootMii installed to boot2 with the HackMii installer beta 2. How do I update BootMii with the beta 5 installer? Just overwrite the older version? Or uninstall and then reinstall? I don't want to mess too much with boot2.
Anyone?
unsure.gif
Run the new Hackmii installer and install it

Older version will be overwritten

dede2006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello, iv modded my wii from a virgin 4.2u, followed the guide, exept for the last step because i have no gamecube controller, i dont know if this is the reason but each time im in middle of gameplay using any usb loaders iv tryed alot of different ones, tryed also both 222 and 249 settings.. but each time im in middle of gameplay after a few minutes, my game freezes, would any of you's have an idea to why?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i installed bootmii and preloader. my problem now is that preloader wont recognize my hacks.ini file even though its in the root of the card. Also, on the same note, i cant boot to the HBC from preloader even though its clearly installed lol. not a huge deal but kinda inconvenient. any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch