Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have run into a little problem that disallows my use of my Wii, but it's not bricked. First some background. I softmodded my Wii with xzxero's guide here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?&showtopi...e=show&st=0

All was well, but then my friend borrowed my remotes and he did a "standard sync" by using the red buttons to his Wii. I have the remotes back now but because my Wii boots directly into the Preloader menu, it cannot sync with the remotes. Batteries are fine but the four blue lights keep flashing then stop and quit.. until I press a button again. I can't do anything on this Preloader screen. I want to get to the System Menu so I can resync and actually use the Wii again. Surely, I can't be the only one this has happened to?
Is there a way to bypass the Preloader menu somehow? I read you can hold reset to bypass the SM to get to Preloader but I want the opposite.

Hoping for any suggestions/solutions. Thanks.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I don't think you have to turn on the Wii to sync the remotes. You can probably do it when it's on standby (red light). Keep the red button on the Wii pressed (don't let go!) and then press the red button on the remote. Do this for each of your remotes.

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bowser said:
I don't think you have to turn on the Wii to sync the remotes. You can probably do it when it's on standby (red light). Keep the red button on the Wii pressed (don't let go!) and then press the red button on the remote. Do this for each of your remotes.

Shoot, that didn't work. Thanks though for the suggestion.

I would be very surprised, because Preloader's been out for so long, that this hasn't happened to anyone else before.

gbaguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bowser said:
Maybe you can try using a Gamecube controller to navigate in the Preloader menu.

I didn't know Preloader supported a Gamecube controller. Are you sure it does? I'd have to invest in one unless someone has another suggestion I can try right away.

patzu

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I have a Wii 4.1e with homebrew. it's asking me to update to 1.0.5 (from 1.0.3) is it ok to do this? , and does the homebrew channel update through wifi like the official Nintendo menu upates?

Thanks

diazao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
gbaguy said:
bowser said:
Maybe you can try using a Gamecube controller to navigate in the Preloader menu.

I didn't know Preloader supported a Gamecube controller. Are you sure it does? I'd have to invest in one unless someone has another suggestion I can try right away.

It does work with GC controller
wink.gif

QUOTE(patzu @ Oct 4 2009, 02:52 PM)
Hi,
I have a Wii 4.1e with homebrew. it's asking me to update to 1.0.5 (from 1.0.3) is it ok to do this? , and does the homebrew channel update through wifi like the official Nintendo menu upates?

Thanks

It's ok to update your HBC, there is just a compatibility issue with some old apps, but i think someone just made a fix to it
smile.gif

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I skip the bootmii screen so it goes straight to the HBC? I know it's in the document, I just don't know what to write. If you can show me a

Change this "bla bla bla" to say this "ble ble ble"

I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks
smile.gif

diazao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
EvanUnisil said:
How do I skip the bootmii screen so it goes straight to the HBC? I know it's in the document, I just don't know what to write. If you can show me a

Thanks
smile.gif

Just rename the folder "Bootmii" placed at your SD, to anything else you want, for exemple: "Bootmiia$$", and when you need to go to Bootmii, just rename the folder "Bootmiia$$" to "Bootmii".

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Painguy said:
Hi im trying to update to 4.2U, but im stuck. Im trying to install 4.2 with Waninkokos updater, but i dont know which IOS i should install. This is what i ve done so far. im on 4.0U

1) Install hackmii v5

2)install cioscorp

what do i do next?
why the fuck would you want to update to 4.2?
your on 4.0, either stay there or if anything, move on to 4.1
its an impulsive thing. can i just get some help plz?

Volky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 3.3u with the Hackmii v0.5 installed. I figured I'm back in the day and I wanted to update, should I update to 4.0 or 4.1? I don't think I will even touch 4.2 right now.

Or do you guys recommend I stay at my current version of 3.3u?

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Would anyone know why Alien Hominid original NTSC disc not boot up on my Wii 4.1E PAL? It's the only game that doesn't via disc channel, it just goes black. Gecko and backup launchers run it, but I get nintendo error when it checks memory card at screen. All other NTSC games work, except for this via gecko and backup launchers. I have preloader, with those region hacks enabled.

jashworth

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason my old saves files (from official Game Cube games) won't load when I launch burned copies of them through Neogamma. It lets me create another save file but will not load the saves already on the memory card from the official copies. I've tried it with 4 games so far and none of them will load the save files. Any reason this would happen?

justmike

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's the one. Some people reported that they couldn't get their save files working on that, but I did. If that doesn't work, try the Xi version. But both should work.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When loading the NUS from the internet my wii said it made an error with an http address and then freaked out. i got a page of code labeled exception (DSI) occured! further down it says stack dump and has more code and below that it says code dump with more code.

EDIT fixed. i guess i cant read or follow instructions.

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
diazao said:
EvanUnisil said:

Thanks
smile.gif

Just rename the folder "Bootmii" placed at your SD, to anything else you want, for exemple: "Bootmiia$$", and when you need to go to Bootmii, just rename the folder "Bootmiia$$" to "Bootmii".

Thank you very much, my friend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol