Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wangus8 said:
xzxero said:
is your card sdhc?
3.2 does not support sdhc.

I don't believe so (at least it doesn't have SDHC on the card like most sdhc cards I've seen do). Not 100% certain, but I don't think SDHC cards are ever made as small as 1gb either.

Please let me know any other information I can provide!
1gb is not sdhc.

what bannerbomb are you tring?

Wangus8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:

I'm actually using the precomplied .zip you graciously linked to in your guide. So I'm actually not sure of version. Should I try to version 1 specifically?

Extra info: when I insert the SD card, the bottom right hand of the screen pops up some japanese characters (which I of course don't understand), but there are the numbers 7297 in between some characters.

edit: little things that may not be important - 1) My wii doesn't crash/nothing bad happens to it when I put in the SD card. There's just no prompt to do anything (nor does the wii think there's anything that it can use on the sd card at all. 2) When I placed files from the NUSD into the respective 00001->downstream folders, some of my folders were bigger than yours in your screen shot (ie. 1.8MB instead of ~800kb).

Edit2: just tried a complete FAT32 reformat of the sd card with no luck. and tried using the elf.dol from hackmii with no different response.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wangus8 said:
xzxero said:

I'm actually using the precomplied .zip you graciously linked to in your guide. So I'm actually not sure of version. Should I try to version 1 specifically?

Extra info: when I insert the SD card, the bottom right hand of the screen pops up some japanese characters (which I of course don't understand), but there are the numbers 7297 in between some characters.

edit: little things that may not be important - 1) My wii doesn't crash/nothing bad happens to it when I put in the SD card. There's just no prompt to do anything (nor does the wii think there's anything that it can use on the sd card at all. 2) When I placed files from the NUSD into the respective 00001->downstream folders, some of my folders were bigger than yours in your screen shot (ie. 1.8MB instead of ~800kb).

Edit2: just tried a complete FAT32 reformat of the sd card with no luck. and tried using the elf.dol from hackmii with no different response.
weird, maybe your sd card isnt compatible with your wii?

Wangus8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would suck. Is there any sd card you'd recommend? (preferably one I could buy tomorrow and not have to buy online and wait?)

Also, is there a way I would test that incompatibility? Because it seems like I can put things like saved games on there (though I haven't actually done it yet).

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wangus8 said:
That would suck. Is there any sd card you'd recommend? (preferably one I could buy tomorrow and not have to buy online and wait?)

Also, is there a way I would test that incompatibility? Because it seems like I can put things like saved games on there (though I haven't actually done it yet).
well you should test stuff out like moving saves to your sd card to make sure its compatible.

Wangus8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
Wangus8 said:

well you should test stuff out like moving saves to your sd card to make sure its compatible.

Seems like it works. Admittedly, because I was pressing buttons randomly, I deleted the first the first saved game attempt (no worries, though: scrub game anyway). But yes, the transfer worked fine.

Would you still recommend me trying a different SD card?

Wangus8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like all the other bannerbomb versions didn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I should proceed from here?

Recap of what's happened: my wii (ntsc-J v3.2) doesn't seem to recognize the boot.elf in the sd card. I've tried multiple little fixes related to the sd card. It's all been detailed on page 304 of this great thread. Thanks!

Wangus8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
If you are having trouble with Bannerbomb, maybe you can try using the Twilight Hack since you are on 3.2

Sounds like it's worth a try. Since I'm using an NTSC-J wii, would I have to get an NTSC-J Twilight Princess? That would be unfortunately because that would actually take awhile (plus would probably cost a bit in shipping).

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Wangus8 said:
bowser said:
If you are having trouble with Bannerbomb, maybe you can try using the Twilight Hack since you are on 3.2

Sounds like it's worth a try. Since I'm using an NTSC-J wii, would I have to get an NTSC-J Twilight Princess? That would be unfortunately because that would actually take awhile (plus would probably cost a bit in shipping).
Since your Wii has a modchip, you can use NTSC-U or PAL Zelda. (I myself used an NTSC-U Zelda on my NTSC-J Wii). Make sure the Twilight Hack you use is the same region as the game (not the Wii).

Install BootMii to boot2, take a NAND backup and then run AnyRegionChanger (or cIOS downgrader) to change your Wii to NTSC-U. (Trust me, it's worth it. I did it
smile.gif
)

Then follow the rest of the guide to upgrade to 4.1 U.
Don't upgrade to 4.2 because there are reports of bricked Wiis that have been region changed. Confirm with xzxero if it's ok to upgrade to 4.2 after changing the region.

Wangus8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bowser said:
Since your Wii has a modchip, you can use NTSC-U or PAL Zelda. (I myself used an NTSC-U Zelda on my NTSC-J Wii).

Install BootMii to boot2, take a NAND backup and then run AnyRegionChanger (or cIOS downgrader) to change your Wii to NTSC-U. (Trust me, it's worth it. I did it
smile.gif
)

Then follow the rest of the guide to upgrade to 4.1 U. Don't upgrade to 4.2 because there are reports of bricked Wiis that have been region changed. Confirm with xzxero if it's ok to upgrade to 4.2 after changing the region.

Awesome. I can pick that up at the local Walmart pretty easily. If you can help, I have a few questions: I know the Twilght hack will allow me to install things like the HBC and bootmii; I think I get the general gist of it. However, is there a simple and cohesive guide to using the twilight hack (much like xzxero's bannerbomb guide)? The current stickies all seem to address the bannerbomb style.

Thanks again!

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wangus8 said:
bowser said:
Since your Wii has a modchip, you can use NTSC-U or PAL Zelda. (I myself used an NTSC-U Zelda on my NTSC-J Wii).

smile.gif
)

Then follow the rest of the guide to upgrade to 4.1 U. Don't upgrade to 4.2 because there are reports of bricked Wiis that have been region changed. Confirm with xzxero if it's ok to upgrade to 4.2 after changing the region.

Awesome. I can pick that up at the local Walmart pretty easily. If you can help, I have a few questions: I know the Twilght hack will allow me to install things like the HBC and bootmii; I think I get the general gist of it. However, is there a simple and cohesive guide to using the twilight hack (much like xzxero's bannerbomb guide)? The current stickies all seem to address the bannerbomb style.

Thanks again!
its not hard to do the TP hack, just start a zelda save file, then replace it from within the wii settings with the hack from the sd card. then start zelda again and you should have load the twilight hack.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Wangus8 said:
bowser said:

smile.gif
)

Thanks again!
Download the Twilight Hack here. The included readme gives detailed instructions.

But before all that do this:
Do you have file extensions enabled in Windows? Open My Computer, go to Tools --> Folder Options --> View. Uncheck the option for "Hide extensions for known file types" and click OK. Then check the names of the files in the SD card. If they don't have file extensions or have double extensions (like boot.elf.elf) rename them appropriately and then Bannerbomb should work.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im guessing this has been addressed somewhere but i cant find anything. I have
Wii firmware is 4.0
i have the HBC and i think bootmii is installed but when i try to start up with the bootmii sd card, it just gives me a black screen. now it will go if i try again and take it out though.

EDIT:
Ok i didnt delete the private forlder. now did and i have two folders: wad and apps. now when i boot up with the card, it boots up normally, and when i go to the HBC, it acts like there is no sd card. when i choose load bootmii it gives me a blank screen and my dvd gate light pulses until i pull the plug.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1