Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
sorry is this was asked before but i want to instal some channels for my favourite applications.My problem is the next since i cant install Bootmii as boot2 i can have my wi bricked so i heard about cIOSrev14 with nand emulation so anyone point to aguide to use this option .
Thanks in advanced for ur answer

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sub Zippo said:
Even tho I got the other hacks working, I couldn't get the unlock everything SSBB code to take, but I'll fight with that later.

In the meantime, I posted what I thought was a reasonable question a while ago and my post has fallen by the wayside, possibly due to the lack of an answer, so I'll repost it here with a few more things I was wondering.

I recently Banner Bricked my Wii, spent more than I would have liked fixing it, and waited way, way longer than I should have had to get it back.
I've got it up and running, with better hacks and apps than I did previously, but when I got it back, it was devoid of ALL my previous data. Apps, channels, saves, the VC games I actually paid for... everything, down to my old friend code.

My question is, is there a way to change the system data to match the previous data? I have the old friend code, and I'd really like to change it to be that one, if its possible, to reestablish my relations with old contacts easier.
Additionally, I'd like it re-synced with my My/Club Nintendo account. Is there a hax way to do that, or do I have to write Nintendo and beg?

Also, I've updated my Wii with the latest cIOS and hacked 4.1 menu. Can I safely access the shop channel? I heard previously that doing so will shut down your Wii.

Also, whats the best way to install VC/Wii Ware files? I've struggled with this in the past, but think I'm getting better with homebrew stuff.

What did you do to get it fixed? Well regardless, you most likely won't be able to get back the same FC and such AFAIK. You may be able to link it back to your club nintendo account if you talk to nintendo, but again that could depend on how it was fixed. If you fixed it through Nintendo and they sent it back clean, you should be able to have it sent back to them or something and get your stuff back (at least your bought vc games and such.

About the shop channel, it's dependent on how you updated your Wii. If it doesn't work as is now, you should be able to use WiiSCU to install IOS61 and the shop channel and it should work then. No they will not send pikmin to sabotage your Wii.

The best way would be to make sure you have at least preloader installed first and if possible bootmii installed to boot2. Then after making sure that any wad of the game you want to install is 100% legit, use wad manager 1.4 or 1.5 to install it using IOS249 (as long as you have a cIOS installed). Also be sure to save the wad you used to install it otherwise getting rid of the game will be harder. To uninstall a game you would put the wad back in the same place on your card and have wad manager 1.4 or 1.5 just uninstall it instead of install it this time. If you delete it through the Wii data management, it will still leave the ticket of the game on the Wii and while that might not really be a problem. Nintendo can still see that if you sent it to them or something.

In the worst case scenario you do get a banner brick from installing a bad wad, you would use preloader or bootmii - boot2 to load the HBC and run wad manager again and uninstall the wad that caused it.

chunky said:
PRE LOADER OR STARTPATCH

i had the old starfall and was happy...lol but am updated to 4.1 using waninkoko updater now.
I have boot2 so got a nand back up.

I have never had pre loader or startpatch and been warming to pre loader

are they as good as each other can i change backrounds with them and one last thing i got so used to not having the health screen wich is best

Preloader. Can do everything Startpatch can and more. Startpatch is for people that don't want to/are too paranoid to do anything affecting how the system menu is loaded. Preloader also gives you additional brick protection, but since you have boot2 bootmii with a NAND backup, you can't really get much better than 100% brick protection. It will however give you a couple more options to restore a brick without resorting to a NAND restore.

loash said:
I used the guide to update to system menu 4.0 (actually to 4.1) for my friend's Wii and everything appeared to seem fine. I installed a whole bunch of WiiWare/VC games and copied most of it to this sd card, but now he says the wii says "failure to load" when he tries to load from the sd card. I thought I followed the guide all the way through but I must have missed something.

just want to know if you guys know the exact problem. I'm thinking it's IOS60 related but i won't know until I see him again. if it's IOS60, what is the remedy to get his games running? and would i have to reinstall all his wads again even though i already did and copied to the sd card?

Dop-IOS v7, install most recent IOS60 with the sig hash check.

If you have preloader installed, this will cause a system menu is corrupt message in which case you will need to hold reset while loading the system menu to load preloader and go to the HBC and reinstall preloader again.

If you don't have preloader, then that dop-IOS step is all you need to do.

QUOTE(wimu @ Aug 29 2009, 04:16 PM)
sorry is this was asked before but i want to instal some channels for my favourite applications.My problem is the next since i cant install Bootmii as boot2 i can have my wi bricked so i heard about cIOSrev14 with nand emulation so anyone point to aguide to use this option .
Thanks in advanced for ur answer

NAND emulation isn't released yet.

Your best bet for brick protection is knowing wtf you're doing by reading and understanding everything in my guide below in my sig (also in stickies) and having preloader for any possible banner bricks.

Mr.HAXOR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me with the GC Backup Launcher? I burned a copy of Action Replay and it works perfectly except that the save file corrupts after I turn it off. I downloaded a new save and tried to convert it using MaxDrive Save Converter but I keep getting the error Could not open input file. Can someone help? I'm desperate!

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
insbruck1 said:
Hi all....yes noob here.
I have installed the multi cios installer which now sits very nice in the home brew channel.
Is there a way to make it a channel on the main screen?
If so how? And if so can you make any channel fit the wii screen?
Many thanks

Do a search on the forum for Forwarder Channels.
They are channels that launch a boot.dol from a specific location, so all you have to do is put the dol file that you want to launch in that location and then load the channel. The nice thing about the forwarder channels is that you don't have to update the channel each time a new version of the dol comes out. You only need to replace the dol.

D

Deleted User

hi all can i update my wii to 4.0 or 4.1 without wi fi my wii has been mooded with homebrew channel and boot mii. Ibacked up my nand and did the Patching of IOS36

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
here goes- i tried installing bootmii as boot-2 with the hackmii installer (bannerbomb to start it) it said i could install it as boot-2so i clicke to install as boot-2 but it says this:
a bootmiii instal requires a SD Card (

oleq83

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I have some questions regarding changing the system menu language from a japanese wii to english language.
I have done this once on my own wii wich was bought from japan, but now a friend of mine has done the same and wants to change his wii to english language and region.
I remember that I first had to update the wii to 4.1 and then install the bannerbomb. But I don't remember the sequence of the next steps. Do you have to first downgrade to 3.2 to install a CIOS, or do you first install the CIOS and then downgrade and can I just change the region with anyregionchanger after downgrading to 3.2, or do I need to do anything else first before I can do that.

Jhonyb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
im on 3.2e and i have a release date wii with wiikey 1 and i want too make the jump to 4.1 what do i do ?

Also i want to buy an HDD and run the games from it is it possible? any guider to it?

ty

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jhonyb said:
im on 3.2e and i have a release date wii with wiikey 1 and i want too make the jump to 4.1 what do i do ?

Also i want to buy an HDD and run the games from it is it possible? any guider to it?

ty

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv (see guide in sig/stickies)

Jhonyb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
After doing this from a secure guide:

4. UPDATE YOUR SYSTEM MENU VERSION (OPTIONAL)

This step is optional, you may upgrade now if you wish, LU64+ owners cannot downgrade! but can upgrade if you want. If you want to update to 4.1 then make sure you have at least 250 blocks free or you will brick, install IOS60-patched first (step 5a), then run Firmware Updater 4.1. If you are on 3.3 or 3.4 then I strongly recommend updating as it is not advisable to install Preloader on these firmwares

And all the other stuff prior to this correctly, Thou i forgot too check the 250 blocks so when it try to install it gave me an error and rebooted, so i freed the 250 blocks and installed it again everything went great and i am now on 4.1E but now on the menu the homebrew channel doesnt work gives me a black screen also with bootmii the homebrew doesnt work, what should i do ?

I dont think my wii is bricked since it starts fine, loads backups via the backup launcher channel so something is wrong with the homebrew.

Help pls

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jhonyb said:
After doing this from a secure guide:

4. UPDATE YOUR SYSTEM MENU VERSION (OPTIONAL)

This step is optional, you may upgrade now if you wish, LU64+ owners cannot downgrade! but can upgrade if you want. If you want to update to 4.1 then make sure you have at least 250 blocks free or you will brick, install IOS60-patched first (step 5a), then run Firmware Updater 4.1. If you are on 3.3 or 3.4 then I strongly recommend updating as it is not advisable to install Preloader on these firmwares

And all the other stuff prior to this correctly, Thou i forgot too check the 250 blocks so when it try to install it gave me an error and rebooted, so i freed the 250 blocks and installed it again everything went great and i am now on 4.1E but now on the menu the homebrew channel doesnt work gives me a black screen also with bootmii the homebrew doesnt work, what should i do ?

I dont think my wii is bricked since it starts fine, loads backups via the backup launcher channel so something is wrong with the homebrew.

Help pls

Run bannerbomb again with the hackmii installer and reinstall the HBC.

MrWHITE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody.

I have a Wii with Homebrew channel and backup launcher installed a year ago.
It worked well for a long time.
For all the recent games I had an Error #002. I was able to correct that with your tutorial

But now, I don't know why, all modified images are not recognised by Nero or Alcohol.

I have some questions :[*]Did someone had the same problem and corrected it?[*]Why ISOs are not corrected before distribution?[*]Is there new software that I could install on my Wii that doesn't encounter Error #002 ?Thanks for any answer
wink.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MrWHITE said:
Hi everybody.

I have a Wii with Homebrew channel and backup launcher installed a year ago.
It worked well for a long time.
For all the recent games I had an Error #002. I was able to correct that with your tutorial

But now, I don't know why, all modified images are not recognised by Nero or Alcohol.

I have some questions :[*]Did someone had the same problem ans corrected it?[*]Why ISOs are not corrected before distribution?[*]Is there new software that I could install on my Wii that doesn't encounter Error #002 ?Thanks for any answer
wink.gif

It's not "corrected" because you shouldn't need to do anything to the iso to fix any error. You should be using a more recent loader that will do it itself. AKA NeoGamma R7. Also update your cIOS to rev14.

MrWHITE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanx very much Nabster92.
I'll try to find how to install these.

Is there a RSS/Tweet/forum subject to follow to stay up to date ?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MrWHITE said:
thanx very much Nabster92.
I'll try to find how to install these.

Is there a RSS/Tweet/forum subject to follow to stay up to date ?

The stickies right now are pretty up to date. My guide there/in my sig talks about pretty much anything that should be used currently on Wii's.

MrWHITE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK then I'll subscribe to your guide.

My cIOS is rev7 !
To install rev14 do I need to uninstall rev7 before with cIOS uninstaller ?

NeoGamma R7 replaces backup launcher, can I remove bakup launcher ?

Thank Youuuuuuu

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MrWHITE said:
OK then I'll subscribe to your guide.

My cIOS is rev7 !
To install rev14 do I need to uninstall rev7 before with cIOS uninstaller ?

NeoGamma R7 replaces backup launcher, can I remove bakup launcher ?

Thank Youuuuuuu

Just run the rev14 installer and have it use IOS249, it will install over rev7.

You can delete the old backup launcher. If you installed it as a channel or something, try to find the wad you installed it with and use wad manager and have it uninstall that wad. If you delete the channel through data management, it will still leave the ticket of the channel on your Wii.

Then you can just run NeoGamma R7 through the HBC or get a channel for it. I think someone recently made an autoboot channel for R7. Check out the backup loader forum for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol