Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
djda said:
ShatteredScreens said:
How do I add MPlayer to the homebrew channel?
tongue.gif

Make a folder called "Apps" in the root of your sd card.
Make a folder called "MPlayer" and place that inside of the apps folder.
Place the boot.dol for mplayer in the "MPlayer" folder

Alternatively just download this (The most recent Mplayer) and unzip and place the "apps" folder in the root of your sd
http://mplayer-ce.googlecode.com/files/MPlayerCE%20V0.75.rar
Thanks!

We've got quite a lot on now, but it appears we need DVDx for the N64 emulator to work, but DVDx wont install for some reason.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sabin_Figaro said:
trucha bug is only for modified iso games, right? do i need to restore trucha bug everytime i update?

The trucha bug is needed to install ANY unsigned content on your Wii and is generally used to install a cIOS. Waninkoko's cIOS is basically necessary for running most of what you would want to through homebrew. ANY backup games, not just modified ones needs a cIOS to run. You also need to trucha bug to install any wad's of vc/wiiware games or other channels and such. Waninkoko's cIOS revisions ALSO have the trucha bug so generally you use IOS249 which is where the cIOS installs to install anything else from that point. So if anything you do makes you LOSE that cIOS, then yes you would need to restore the trucha bug again to install it again.

You should not be hasty to do any updating without knowing what it does beforehand though. Up to 4.1 right now, it is still possible to use the Trucha Bug Restorer to get the trucha bug back so you can install a cIOS. Anything that comes out in the future can possibly block that and any chance of getting it back with any current means.

So if you ever see a new update for any reason, you should check here to see how you are SUPPOSED to update if you need to at all.

Prof2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious - a few weeks ago I wrote about deleting that IOS60 file, and I was wondering:

1) Could I use HackMii 3.0 Beta to install Bootmii to my bricked Wii via SD Card slot? I used the wrong type of SD card before, and Bootmii apparently did not install properly. It may be in as IOS, and partly in the boot2 section.

2) Could I use the Betwiin program to change someone else's Wii NAND file to fix my own and it install via SD card?

In theory it seemed like it might, but I don't know how I would know when it was done, since I do not have any video display right now.

Just hoping against hope, I guess....and missing getting to play Wii Sports Resort right now....
smile.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prof2 said:
I am curious - a few weeks ago I wrote about deleting that IOS60 file, and I was wondering:

1) Could I use HackMii 3.0 Beta to install Bootmii to my bricked Wii via SD Card slot? I used the wrong type of SD card before, and Bootmii apparently did not install properly. It may be in as IOS, and partly in the boot2 section.

2) Could I use the Betwiin program to change someone else's Wii NAND file to fix my own and it install via SD card?

In theory it seemed like it might, but I don't know how I would know when it was done, since I do not have any video display right now.

Just hoping against hope, I guess....and missing getting to play Wii Sports Resort right now....
smile.gif

Bootmii shouldn't partly install anywhere, it installed or it didn't. The only thing about the compatibility is that it won't LOAD properly with SD cards it isn't compatible with. This is fixed by using a card that IS compatible and just copying over the bootmii folder to it.

If you did happen to install bootmii to boot2 at all, get an SD card that is compatible and then put the bootmii folder on that. If you can access the bootmii menu on startup then you should have other options to fix your Wii at that point. You can check if you can load the HBC from it, and if you can load wad manager from there you should be able to install an IOS60 back on your Wii. If you can't load wad manager, but can still get to the bootmii menu at all, you could try using cboot2 to load the wad manager from that that runs off an IOS on your SD card. Then you could use that to install the IOS60 wad.

If you turn on your Wii without an SD card and it and the disc drive flashes once and then a couple more times really fast, then you should have bootmii successfully installed to boot2. In this case do as stated above and get a compatible SD card. If not, bootmii likely won't help you.

mullenlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok noob question here. I am getting the error ret 1035 in wad. I need to instal some programs in that to fix the error 002. I am running 4.0u. Any help please!

sleep_walker

Trophies
XP
Country
India
i got a Korean Wii with the 3.3K firmware. How do i change the system menus to English and region to NTSC U/C ? i already got QLeap's Anyregion Changer (1.1b mod05.source) but can't seem to find any guide or instructions on how to install it. Is it as simple as just loading it onto an SD card and choosing my options from there? i don't plan to play back ups, i just want to change the region setting to NTSC U/C and have English menus.

Thanks.

FlintEastwood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
halp meh!

I'm a n00b and i don't know how to read directions! forgive me for posting instead of reading the FAQs all the way through! I read through nabster's guide and I'm doing things I haven't been able to do after about a week and a half of unsuccessfully trying to mod my wii. thanks a bunch, will post real questions after reading through the FAQ twice from now on

Tashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this has been asked a million time but i figure this is the right place to ask again.
ive been out to sea for a few months so im lost in all the changes to the modding scene.
my wii is modded and running 3.2
whats the best/safest way to upgrade to 4.1 so i can run Wiiware off my SD card?
i dont want to lose my usbloader or backup launcher.
also, has anyone come up with a way to run wiiware off a hard drive yet?
thanks!

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tashi said:
i know this has been asked a million time but i figure this is the right place to ask again.
ive been out to sea for a few months so im lost in all the changes to the modding scene.
my wii is modded and running 3.2
whats the best/safest way to upgrade to 4.1 so i can run Wiiware off my SD card?
i dont want to lose my usbloader or backup launcher.
also, has anyone come up with a way to run wiiware off a hard drive yet?
thanks!
Check the guide in my sig to get all the latest and greatest hacks. Don't worry too much about your USB Loader and Backup Launcher as you'll get a new one in the guide. (They shouldn't go anywhere in the update anyway)

theman69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I deleted the Volume Partition of my external Hard drive and now i can't format it in any way because it says there is an image missing... Instead of clicking Delete Volume I did delete Partition.... i tried following this tutorial Please help.. I'm stupid

raquasa123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please excuse mt speling in advance. my wii is on coustom 4.0. i have afew questions
1. where do i get the stuff to coustom update my wii to 4.1
2. if i update to 4.1 will it fix the error 002 i get when i try to play motion plus games
3. if i install cIOSCORP v3.3 wil this allow me to play these wii motion plus games even though im on 4.0
4. can i still use a backup loader to play mario kart and anamal xing so i dont have to instal additional things
ty thats all for now =D

raquasa1231.png

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
adrian783 said:
i haven't really been keep up with the news since...i think rev 13 of the cIOS for usb loader. what major things happened between then and now?

Well to start with cIOS rev14 was released and this supports nand emulation although its not perfect it supports it. The only app to use Nand emulation is TriiForce (Its still in beta but give it a look its in the wii hacking section). There has been an update to the hackmii installer and an app that can allow nand dumps taken from one wii to be used on another wii. Although it has its limitations this app is called Betwiin. Mplayer CE supports NTFS
biggrin.gif
and well thats just off the top of my head but give the forum a read and you should be pretty up to date.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raquasa123 said:
please excuse mt speling in advance. my wii is on coustom 4.0. i have afew questions
1. where do i get the stuff to coustom update my wii to 4.1
2. if i update to 4.1 will it fix the error 002 i get when i try to play motion plus games
3. if i install cIOSCORP v3.3 wil this allow me to play these wii motion plus games even though im on 4.0
4. can i still use a backup loader to play mario kart and anamal xing so i dont have to instal additional things
ty thats all for now =D

raquasa1231.png

1:Get waninkokos 4.1 updater(Just google waninkoko's blog and get it from there)
Also make sure you have the latest cios which is ciosRev14.You can get it from the same place as the 4.1 updater.
2:No the fix is usally in the loader your using.With any wii motion plus game you are required to watch
the motion plus video before you are allowed to play the game.If your playing the games from usb loaders
you need to enable the 002 fix and the alt dol from disc.Watch the video once and then turn off the alt dol setting but
leave the 002 fix on.Games should play fine after that.
3:Just ignore cioscorps its really not needed and will cause more problems then it fixes.Its 100% not needed to play any games
4:Yes you can still use a backup loader to play those games.Just make sure you have the latest cios and are using the most up to date version
of the usb loader your using.

Hitoshura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, serious noobage/rustiness here. I've got firmware 3.2U, got a few WADs installed (although some of them are useless and I forget how to uninstall them). Mainly, what I am wanting is to be able to update to I guess 4.0 or 4.1, a "current" firmware, and still be able to use all homebrew features. I don't really care so much for playing backups or anything, I just still want to be able to do homebrew stuff. I'm sorry for this, I'm sure this information is somewhere here on these forums but I haven't messed Wii homebrew in like a year so I'm pretty clueless as for what all I will need. Thanks in advance to the kind soul who helps me!

dragon_168

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was on 3.4U but then i did the zelda hack via this tutorial hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hEhPxjMRiA
and now on the 3.2U firmware w/ HBC
then later on i just updated to w/ the UBEr guide on Demonoid. hxxp://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2005162/8929162/

but not i feel compled to upgrade to 4.1 cause i just bought a wii fit and wii motion.

is there a safe way to update without screw up anything nor losing anything.. I don't have a retail version of Zelda anymore and aquiring one is kind of a hassle.

i know there's an update somewhere but i guess i just need the assurance that when i update i won't loose anything.

please let me know if there's any information i need to provide..

thanks.. the current n00b

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,
Back in March I updated my system from 3.2 to 4.0 through a tutorial here in 3 steps (which installed the IOS60, the new system menu update without disabling Trucha and installing the lastest version of Waninkoko's cIOS at the moment).
Now, I would like to step back to 3.2 and remove every IOS modification made with homebrews in order to get a system as clean as after just the installation of the HBC.
Is there anything which can do it properly ?
Thanks in advance for your support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: