Saberin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How safe is it to turn on WiiConnect 24 on the 4.0 menu after a bannerbomb softmod? My searchs so far just told me that I had to turn it off after an update and that it was safe on earlier versions, but I'm not sure whether I can turn it on now.

Thanks in advance.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dizogg said:
I have a 3.4E wii and run games with the 0.3 with 002 fix backup launcher. But when I just tried to run Wii Sport Resort I get a #002 error. All my other games run fine. Any idea how to fix this?
Ur using an old backup launcher that doesn't fix errors with wsr. Use neogamma rev 7 by wiipower. There is a thread here for it it's on the first page.

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paul3100 said:
....................HELP NEEDED......................

I have a friends system on 4.1 e and has the hbc v3 installed and preloader and also rev 14 ...

Anyway my main problem is i forget how to enable backups to run from the disk channel!

Also how do i enable preloader .29c to block disk updates as there is no option for it that i can see.

Please someone reply to this and ill be forever greatfull :-)

paul
U need cioscorp to fun backups from disk channel. Check out the cioscorps ver 3.1 thread and u can use that. Beware it can be dangerous and brick ur wii if u don't know what ur doing. Also to enable the hack with preloader u need the 4.1e hacks ini on ur root sd card. Turn on ur wii and hold reset to load preloader and chhose to enable block disk update and save and exit

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SallyC said:
Thanks to you both, for all your help.

I have now backed up my NAND and wanted to check a couple of things before I continue-

1. Is the CIOS rev 14 the best one to go with, people seem to have varying thoughts as to which revision is best? and can it be changed to a different version if I have problems?

2. Is it correct that I need to install Waninkoko's 4.0 updater before the 4.1 (not sure how to go about the other route - Patch IOS60)

3. Do I need to run the Trucha bug restorer?

4. Is Neogamma 6 better than 7

Thanks again

1. You can always change what cIOS revision you are on by running the installer for whichever one you want. So for now you can just run the rev14 installer and use IOS249 (since you already have an older cIOS) and if you have any problems with it you can just run an older installer. The best ones are either rev10, rev13a or rev14.

2. You can do the 4.0 updater first or you can run dop-IOS and just have that install IOS60 first and then run the 4.1 updater. Either way should work (but running both updaters will probably take longer).

3. Not if you are on 3.2 at the moment. The point of the Trucha Bug Restorer is to get cIOS installed on firmwares above 3.2 that have the trucha bug patched.

4. I think R7 is still technically in beta, but I don't think you should really have any more problems with it than you would with R6.

theaggravatedjew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this question has been answered, yet I can't seem to find it. I have homebrew installed and on one sd have my app folder,emulators wiiware etc.

I want to run a second sd card exclusively for wiiware games. What are the essential things, i need to copy over to make the homebrew channel run?

Here is a screen shot of the sd cards for reference

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theaggravatedjew said:
I'm sure this question has been answered, yet I can't seem to find it. I have homebrew installed and on one sd have my app folder,emulators wiiware etc.

I want to run a second sd card exclusively for wiiware games. What are the essential things, i need to copy over to make the homebrew channel run?

Here is a screen shot of the sd cards for reference

The private folder should be all you need for your Wiiware games. The HBC will run regardless of what is on the SD card, but if there is no apps folder with any apps in it, it will just be an empty screen of bubbles. If you want to still have your emulators and stuff then you would still need the apps folder with the emulator apps in it as well as the folders for the specific emulators which should have whatever rom's and such that you have.

If you still want to be able to load bootmii from the card you need the bootmii folder as well. You don't need the wad folder, but save all of the wad's of the games and channels you installed so you can still uninstall them properly with them if you ever need to. The 00000001 folder should just have like some temporary stuff in it like IOS's and stuff that were downloaded or used in some installations of things so you don't really need that. You most likely don't need that boot.dol on the root of the card at all anymore as I assume that was the hackmii installer for when you first installed the HBC. Since you already used it to install bootmii/HBC you don't need it anymore. And on that note, you don't still have the bannerbomb file still on your card do you? Check your private folder in private\wii\title\ and see if there is an "aktn" folder. If there is, delete it otherwise any sd card menu and stuff that you browse the sd card for regarding channels will freeze.

theaggravatedjew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
The private folder should be all you need for your Wiiware games. The HBC will run regardless of what is on the SD card, but if there is no apps folder with any apps in it, it will just be an empty screen of bubbles. If you want to still have your emulators and stuff then you would still need the apps folder with the emulator apps in it as well as the folders for the specific emulators which should have whatever rom's and such that you have.

If you still want to be able to load bootmii from the card you need the bootmii folder as well. You don't need the wad folder, but save all of the wad's of the games and channels you installed so you can still uninstall them properly with them if you ever need to. The 00000001 folder should just have like some temporary stuff in it like IOS's and stuff that were downloaded or used in some installations of things so you don't really need that. You most likely don't need that boot.dol on the root of the card at all anymore as I assume that was the hackmii installer for when you first installed the HBC. Since you already used it to install bootmii/HBC you don't need it anymore. And on that note, you don't still have the bannerbomb file still on your card do you? Check your private folder in private\wii\title\ and see if there is an "aktn" folder. If there is, delete it otherwise any sd card menu and stuff that you browse the sd card for regarding channels will freeze.

Thank you I appreciate the help, this should tide me over until waninkoko busts the scene open yet again with the nand loader.

In hindsight I cant belive I didnt realize that obviously the homebrew channel would be empty with no folders on the card.

crw092782

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob needing help please.

I have installed Home Brew Channel with no problems. I was able to use bannerbomb to get everything working. I also installed BootMii.

Ideally my finished product would be my wii plugged into my 1TB hdd running my games. I have formatted the hdd from fat to wbfs. I have read on many forums that ios36 custom is needed or ios249. I am stuck at this point. I do not understand how to get ios36 or ios249 to work on my machine. I have tried a few different things and so far nothing. If someone could please help me out, I would be in their debt.

I am using Ver. 3.4U

Thanks.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
crw092782 said:
Noob needing help please.

I have installed Home Brew Channel with no problems. I was able to use bannerbomb to get everything working. I also installed BootMii.

Ideally my finished product would be my wii plugged into my 1TB hdd running my games. I have formatted the hdd from fat to wbfs. I have read on many forums that ios36 custom is needed or ios249. I am stuck at this point. I do not understand how to get ios36 or ios249 to work on my machine. I have tried a few different things and so far nothing. If someone could please help me out, I would be in their debt.

I am using Ver. 3.4U

Thanks.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890

You can replace the cIOS38r13b installer with the most recent one which is cIOS rev14. The 36 or 38 in the name of the cIOS installer has nothing to do with the actual IOS36 or 38 on your system. It just means that it is based off of that IOS and installed to IOS249. Any of Waninkoko's cIOS will install over IOS249. Before you can install it though you need the trucha bug on your system which is what the section on patching IOS36 will do with the Trucha Bug Restorer.

So after you do the patching IOS36 section. Run the cIOS rev14 installer and select IOS36 when it asks what IOS to use (because you just put the trucha bug back in that IOS), then follow the prompts and do a network installation instead of a wad installation (if you have wifi). The rest of the guide after that about preloader and neogamma isn't really necessary. Neogamma is better for disc based backup loading, but there are better USB loaders like USB Loader GX or Beardface's Coverfloader. Use whichever of those you like better instead.

Make sure that the usb drive you are using is plugged into the usb port that is closer to the edge of the Wii, not the one in the middle.

phoenix345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I Play My Sonic and the Black Knight Backup (The Only Backup I have with Wi-Fi Support) It can't connect to Wi-Fi, nor does it display a legit friend code. Any way to fix this, or am I screwed?

crw092782

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got everything working, I just have one more quick question. I have a couple of wii games that I would like to put on to my external hdd now. Which program is best for ripping them into .iso format?

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well another Newb here its been along time:P Basically i have 1 wii on 3.2E Running Gamma loader (Not 002 fix)

What do i need to do in order to get the USB Loader working?

Can you just connect a USB directly to your pc and stream the games from your HDD? Or does it have to be external of some sort?

jabmaster2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuuuuuu said:
Well another Newb here its been along time:P Basically i have 1 wii on 3.2E Running Gamma loader (Not 002 fix)

Can you just connect a USB directly to your pc and stream the games from your HDD? Or does it have to be external of some sort?
To stream games from pc requires a flatmii modchip. With the USB loader u need external HD. All u need to do is install waninikokos latesedt cios rev 14 and choose a USB lpader of ur choice. I like USB loader gx. Btw for backups from disk upgrade urself to neogamma rev 7 by wiipower. It's much better old backup launcher.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fuuuuuu said:

It should be an external hard drive/flash drive/or SDHC card, but it needs to be formatted to WBFS, which will not hold anything BUT Wii games. If you want to use the drive for anything else, you would need to make a partition and format one of them to WBFS. A partition is basically splitting a storage device into two sections that can be formatted to two separate file systems. So say you had a 100GB hard drive. You can partition 80 GB of it and format that to WBFS and leave the remaining 20 GB as a FAT partition or something for normal everyday use.

To get it working you need to have cIOS rev9 or higher (rev14 is the latest one). Update to that by running the rev14 installer and selecting IOS249 to use and then select network install instead of wad install (if you have wifi).

Then you can either format the drive (or a partition of it at least) through any usb loader application, or from your pc using WBFS manager 3.0.1. You can load games onto the drive faster through your pc if you already have the .iso's of your games. Otherwise you just plug it in to the usb port that is closer to the edge of the system and then load a usb loader, put a disc in that you want to install, and click the install button on the loader (usually looks like a + button)

Also to update your system, run dop-IOS and have it install the most recent IOS60 with the sig hash check, and then run Waninkoko's 4.1 updater app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hurt ancientbois feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's only if you drink what first comes out when distilling, you must throw out the first part of it when it starts running. (Its called the "head(s)" of the run) Or use it for fuel or a general purpose cleaner
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If alcohol would've made @BigOnYa blind by now it would have
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So True.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should make a poll for bigonya to change his username to DrunkOnYa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's my alt
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't wanna go to the store someone go for me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like subway it's false advertising
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok "who ordered the Vienna sausage?"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok "who ordered the Vienna sausage?"