Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
dcoop said:
Hi, I softmodded my wii using this guide

http://www.wiiguide.co.cc/

Not really sure what tells you all..I dont know what IOS things I have installed, I just did everything on that list and nothing more.

Ive never upgraded to version 4.0 with that Waninkoko updater thing to my knowledge either..should I? Is it as easy as installing other things like dvdx..or wiiware wads? etc

Also, has anyone discovered yet if the motion plus works with a softmodded wii? For games like Grand Slam Tennis and Tiger Woods..I think ive read there is something extra you need to do for wi sports resorts but the other two?

Hope someone can give me some clues here thanks.

Yep as easy as any other automated app, the WM+ is a feature inside the game, so nothing special is required to use it on softmod, although, if you are runing the game thru a USB loader (just for WiiSportsResorts), you need to use the "alt .dol" trick (alternative .dol), search a thread for that info as I don't really know wich .dol you need to change..!!
smile.gif

chunky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love noob paradise.
i have 2 questions
1. i have a 320gb hd formatted wbfs and have over 70 games and i have about half of the space left
What i want to know can i partition some off or is it to late i am guessing i should of done this at start
i just want it for this rev14 thats coming out

2. I have intalled the hackmii and done the bootmii to do my nand backup....lol . Now i have bootmii on my sd card can i put this in another wii or do i need to go through the hackmii way

thanks guys noob paradise rocks

dcoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
dcoop said:
Hi, I softmodded my wii using this guide

http://www.wiiguide.co.cc/

Not really sure what tells you all..I dont know what IOS things I have installed, I just did everything on that list and nothing more.

Ive never upgraded to version 4.0 with that Waninkoko updater thing to my knowledge either..should I? Is it as easy as installing other things like dvdx..or wiiware wads? etc

Also, has anyone discovered yet if the motion plus works with a softmodded wii? For games like Grand Slam Tennis and Tiger Woods..I think ive read there is something extra you need to do for wi sports resorts but the other two?

Hope someone can give me some clues here thanks.

Yep as easy as any other automated app, the WM+ is a feature inside the game, so nothing special is required to use it on softmod, although, if you are runing the game thru a USB loader (just for WiiSportsResorts), you need to use the "alt .dol" trick (alternative .dol), search a thread for that info as I don't really know wich .dol you need to change..!!
smile.gif

Right that sounds promising then. Thanks for the reply
smile.gif

One other thing, if I just bought the game(Grand Slam Tennis or Tiget Woods) and just put it in..should I play it through the normal wii system menu? Or do I need to patch it so it doesnt try to update something? Or do I get somthing on the homebrew channel to use to launch proper store bought versions of games?

mrhomiec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
i used this guide near the end of June to softmod.
http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/109-store...tem-menu-4.html
the guide is now different than what i followed.

i started looking around the forum on what to do to update to 4.1
and alot of the topics were mentioning stuff i don't remember doing.
the guide has me delete HackMii and BannerBomb off my SD so should i put those back on?

any advise would be much appreciated.

ps, what's this talk about losing the preloader after update? what is it?
i tried to look up on it, and all i found was to make sure you have it installed.
and that it's an important thing to have.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
chunky said:
I love noob paradise.
i have 2 questions
1. i have a 320gb hd formatted wbfs and have over 70 games and i have about half of the space left
What i want to know can i partition some off or is it to late i am guessing i should of done this at start
i just want it for this rev14 thats coming out

2. I have intalled the hackmii and done the bootmii to do my nand backup....lol . Now i have bootmii on my sd card can i put this in another wii or do i need to go through the hackmii way

thanks guys noob paradise rocks

1. Yeah it is too late, not if you also have the games in disc cause you can get them straight from disc to wbfs..!!

2.Bootmii installs some files in the Wii's NAND to be able to read the files on your SD, so.....you need to install it in each Wii, and the NAND backup is only good for your Wii, cause S/N is not the same in all Wiis..!!
smile.gif

...and me too I love this thread
mthrnitesmiley.gif

dcoop said:
smile.gif

One other thing, if I just bought the game(Grand Slam Tennis or Tiget Woods) and just put it in..should I play it through the normal wii system menu? Or do I need to patch it so it doesnt try to update something? Or do I get somthing on the homebrew channel to use to launch proper store bought versions of games?

If you have preloader installed and the Skip Disc Update patch enabled, then no update will be asked, if you don't then use GeckOS to run the games...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE(mrhomiec @ Jul 20 2009, 05:26 PM)
Hi,
i used this guide near the end of June to softmod.
http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/109-store...tem-menu-4.html
the guide is now different than what i followed.

i started looking around the forum on what to do to update to 4.1
and alot of the topics were mentioning stuff i don't remember doing.
the guide has me delete HackMii and BannerBomb off my SD so should i put those back on?

any advise would be much appreciated.

if you have a cIOS insalled then you can just update thru the Wii's settings, if not then use the Waninkoko's 4.1 updater..!!
smile.gif

dcoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
dcoop said:
smile.gif

If you have preloader installed and the Skip Disc Update patch enabled, then no update will be asked, if you don't then use GeckOS to run the games...!!
smile.gif

I dont have preloader installed no, or skip disc update.

I will search out GeckOS then, will be that be in the form of some sort of wad somewhere on the internet? Or even on the homebrew browser?

Thanks.

mrhomiec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
if you have a cIOS insalled then you can just update thru the Wii's settings, if not then use the Waninkoko's 4.1 updater..!!
smile.gif
i kinda remember doing that, but how do i make sure i do have it installed?

thebrokencarnage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a new ntsc wii (just a couple weeks old) with system menu 4.1. I have homebrew channel, preloader, and bootmii installed (pretty sure bootmii is ios, but not positive... tbh, my wife knows more about this stuff than I do, and she does most of the softmodding around here...I'm very much a noob w/ this stuff). We installed cios36rev10, said it installed ok, then it reset back to the hbc. Since then we haven't been able to get to the wii menu or run backup disks w/ backup loader in the hbc. When we try to go to the wii menu (either from the hbc or from preloader), we just end up with the AV channel on the tv - just a blue screen. Wii power light is green, disks spin, fan runs, etc, but no video out. We DO get video out in preloader and hbc, though, and we can run wad manager and bootmii from hbc. We're just at a loss as to how to attempt to fix our wii. I know my wife made a nand backup w/ bootmii, but I dont' really know how/if it's possible to restore from that backup (again, me = noob). Preloader screen says IOS v60, systemmenu v449, preloader v0.29. Any thoughts/suggestions would be most welcome.

phantomatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Canada
hey, i'm only really interested in updating up to maybe 4.0U ish. i believe i'm at 3.2U at the moment.
If I install bootmii, do I REALLY have to do anything else?

I mean, I'm only curious about The Conduit, Punch-Out! and maybe lil king's story (i've got a new ps3 but have the discs for two of the aforementioned games...) If I update via the discs...what do I need to get besides bootmii (i've read some guides...but am pretty ishy about doing much with my wii). Is it really necessary to install everything else?

Thanks.

cnk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dont know much about Wii... i got only HBC installed on him.
ok here we go!

I got a Wii 2 weeks later and it cames with d2ckey modchip em system firmware 3.4U.
i got a msg from nintendo talking about a update 4.1 i think... i search a lot about informations on that system.

i found some like waninkoko system update 4.1 that we can install with no problems.... right...

my question is if i update my firmware from that waninkoko my d2ckey continues working on my burning game dvds?
If i update from Nintendo direct from wii it ll continue working too?
thnks.!
can someone see my question? XD i buy a sdhc 8gb and i think only system 4.0 and 4.1 runs that right?

KennethNL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I'm back with another question, this time regarding playing Wii Sports Resort (PAL) on my Wii. I have this set up:

PAL Wii + Wiikey
Firmware 3.2E
Homebrew Channel installed
Freeloader

What should I do/install to be able to play the PAL Wii Sports Resort? I used to use the WAD Manager for games like Punch Out! and MadWorld, but suddenly that program doesn't start up anymore. Is there a newer version that I can use, or some other way of playing Wii Sports Resort on my PAL Wii?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

hanjoon77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im back, hopefully for the last time.
smile.gif

I got my Verbatim DVD-R Discs today, and theyre working like a charm. But, Guitar Hero Aerosmith and Grand Slam Tennis are both in black and white, and Grand Slam Tennis stops at the Beginning screen. But, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 works very well. So does this mean it burned incorrectly or are the settings wrong?
Im on 4.1U cIOS 13a IOS249.

Edit: Alright, I found the problem, it was because Aerosmith and GST were in PAL. I used regionfrii and changed it to US, and burned it again, but it still was in black and white. Anyone got a fix for this?

Also, can anyone help me on how to get the Backup loader channel working?

Daisuke9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello New Question

Curently i have 4.0u gamma.3 backup channel.
ran IOS36patcher to update latest revision
ran TBR to restore the T/Bug
used startpatch 4.0 to set skip update checking

thats basically where im at.
What i would like to do now is remove the gamma.3 channel i have [ installed gamma.3.wad] and install neogamma.
i read that i need to update my cIOS to REV13a. would this be referring to IOS38r13a?
What would be the best way to remove the backup channel i have?
would NeoGammaR6 .wad be better then the hbc package?
the backup channel i use now is easy for my girls so i like but will use whatevers best to use.
My end result that i would like to be at is
neogammaR6 in order to utilize the 002fix thats needed for certain backups.

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Daisuke

chunky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i want to update at mo i am on 3.2 did this the zelda way last year and up to a few weeks ago i always thought 3.2 is the best

my main question is that i done a nand backup while on 3.2 if i up date to 4.0 or 4.1 will it affect the nand or will i have to do it again thanks

whoizdib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I was wondering if bannerbomb exploit could die with future firmware updates(from waninkoko)?

The reason I ask is because I like to update my system menu often. But I'm not sure if doing so will kill the bannerbomb exploit, and no longer let me update bootmii.

Thanks.

thebrokencarnage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebrokencarnage said:
I've got a new ntsc wii (just a couple weeks old) with system menu 4.1. I have homebrew channel, preloader, and bootmii installed (pretty sure bootmii is ios, but not positive... tbh, my wife knows more about this stuff than I do, and she does most of the softmodding around here...I'm very much a noob w/ this stuff). We installed cios36rev10, said it installed ok, then it reset back to the hbc. Since then we haven't been able to get to the wii menu or run backup disks w/ backup loader in the hbc. When we try to go to the wii menu (either from the hbc or from preloader), we just end up with the AV channel on the tv - just a blue screen. Wii power light is green, disks spin, fan runs, etc, but no video out. We DO get video out in preloader and hbc, though, and we can run wad manager and bootmii from hbc. We're just at a loss as to how to attempt to fix our wii. I know my wife made a nand backup w/ bootmii, but I dont' really know how/if it's possible to restore from that backup (again, me = noob). Preloader screen says IOS v60, systemmenu v449, preloader v0.29. Any thoughts/suggestions would be most welcome.
Update: I redid my TBR/cios38 installation, and I now have video out - health screen, wii menu, sound, etc. HOWEVER, when I put in a game disk (either real or backup), the wii locks up - animation/sounds stop, wiimote response stops (but the wiimote remains lit/powered on). This happens if you put the disk in on the main wii menu, when you're in the disk channel, if you have the disk in from the moment the wii is powered on. I was able to get Wii Fit to load up using the Wii Fit Channel - I went into the channel, went to trianing, and inserted the disk when it requested it. it seemed like it took longer than usual to read the disk, but it did load and I was able to play. I can also use the Backup Loader (gamma 0.3, yeah I know i need to update to neogamma, but first things first) to play backup disks. So it seems the issue is in the wii menu disk channel, but I don't know enough about how the wii runs to say for sure. I haven't yet tried to load a gamecube disk, so I don't know if that function is affected.
ETA: I just did all this, so I haven't had time yet to search the forums/internet for a fix for this new issue.

stevey034

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the help but i am trying with a disc and i used wiiscrubber and neogamma r6. I turned on alt dol after putting the file in my sd card and i also said yes to the 002 fix. I then loaded the dvd but it went straight to a movie menu with 5 movies on connect the motion plus and the nunchuk. You had a choice on which movies you could watch. I then clicked an option that said return to game and got a 002 error. I was using a motion plus mote but i didnt have the nunchuk connected. Does it have to be? Can someone please help me solve the problem. Thanks.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Daisuke9 said:
Hello New Question

Curently i have 4.0u gamma.3 backup channel.
ran IOS36patcher to update latest revision
ran TBR to restore the T/Bug
used startpatch 4.0 to set skip update checking

thats basically where im at.
What i would like to do now is remove the gamma.3 channel i have [ installed gamma.3.wad] and install neogamma.
i read that i need to update my cIOS to REV13a. would this be referring to IOS38r13a?
What would be the best way to remove the backup channel i have?
would NeoGammaR6 .wad be better then the hbc package?
the backup channel i use now is easy for my girls so i like but will use whatevers best to use.
My end result that i would like to be at is
neogammaR6 in order to utilize the 002fix thats needed for certain backups.

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Daisuke

To remove the gamma 0.3 channel you have you go back into wad manager (preferably wad manager 1.4) if you have an older cIOS installed at all have it use IOS249 and then have it uninstall the same wad you used to install the channel (the gamma.3.wad)

To update your cIOS, Google Waninkoko's cIOS rev13a installer (or just rev13) if it just says rev13 it's probably 13a as it wasn't named 13a until 13b came out. Run that installer like a normal HBC app and have it use IOS249 and do a network installation (if you don't have a previous cIOS installed and IOS249 doesn't show up, then since you already used the TBR, if you did that properly, you should be able to have it use IOS36 instead. The same goes for the wad manager above.) After you install this cIOS you should be able to use IOS249 for anything else though.

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165485

The wad there should pretty much look exactly the same as your gamma 0.3 loader and will autoboot discs the same way. By hbc package do you mean is installing a wad better than running it through the HBC as a .dol file? If so it's just personal preference. If you want a channel, install the wad. If you want to load it through the HBC, just use the .dol.

chunky said:
i want to update at mo i am on 3.2 did this the zelda way last year and up to a few weeks ago i always thought 3.2 is the best

my main question is that i done a nand backup while on 3.2 if i up date to 4.0 or 4.1 will it affect the nand or will i have to do it again thanks

Zelda doesn't do anything to upgrade your Wii herself. She has more pressing matters to attend to in Hyrule. The only thing the twilight hack does (like bannerbomb) is run a boot.dol/boot.elf file on the root of your card which is generally just the HBC installer which then runs any boot.dol's after that that you would use to downgrade/upgrade whatever you want.

Think of a NAND backup through bootmii as a system restore point. If you restore that NAND file you made earlier, it will return your Wii to EXACTLY the state it was at the time you made that backup. So it would return you to 3.2 (with your save progress as it was at that time as well.) If you want you can make as many NAND backups as you want and just keep storing the nand.bin files onto your pc. Of course updating will affect the nand, everything you do from installing new things to making progress in a game save affects the nand. The point of making a NAND backup is just to have a backup of a working state of your Wii that you can restore to in the event of a brick. If you want to keep an up to date backup so you wouldn't have to redo anything if you did have to restore then you can make a new backup after anything majorly new that you do such as updating to 4.0 or 4.1.

whoizdib said:
Hey,

I was wondering if bannerbomb exploit could die with future firmware updates(from waninkoko)?

The reason I ask is because I like to update my system menu often. But I'm not sure if doing so will kill the bannerbomb exploit, and no longer let me update bootmii.

Thanks.

Noone can say what future updates will do. 4.0 killed the twilight hack so then bannerbomb was discovered later as a method that still works on 4.0/4.1. It's very possible that a future update can kill that exploit and then something new will have to be used such as possibly the smash bros brawl stage builder exploit or the galaxy overflow exploit or something. If you already have the HBC it shouldn't matter what exploit gets killed as you would never NEED to run one of the exploits again in the first place. The point of bannerbomb or any exploit is to run a boot.dol/boot.elf file. The HBC can do this itself once you install it so bannerbomb should never be used again after it's installed. So far no update has ever deleted the HBC itself from the system. The only thing they have done is attempted to block installations of it on Wii's that don't have it yet.

The best thing to do is not be trigger happy with the update button whenever you see a new update and just browse here for a bit if you see one and see what it does first. Most of the time there will be a method to update your system through a homebrew app very shortly after the update is out. (Waninkoko's 4.1 updater was out pretty much within 24 hours of it coming out.)

QUOTE(stevey034 @ Jul 21 2009, 02:44 PM)
thanks for the help but i am trying with a disc and i used wiiscrubber and neogamma r6. I turned on alt dol after putting the file in my sd card and i also said yes to the 002 fix. I then loaded the dvd but it went straight to a movie menu with 5 movies on connect the motion plus and the nunchuk. You had a choice on which movies you could watch. I then clicked an option that said return to game and got a 002 error. I was using a motion plus mote but i didnt have the nunchuk connected. Does it have to be? Can someone please help me solve the problem. Thanks.

I'm assuming you're talking about Wii Sports Resort? If so there is a sticky in the backup loader forum about it:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168530

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
mrhomiec said:
quote 'ether2802'

i kinda remember doing that, but how do i make sure i do have it installed?
Run TitleLister and see if you have anything installed as IOS249

phantomatt said:
hey, i'm only really interested in updating up to maybe 4.0U ish. i believe i'm at 3.2U at the moment.
If I install bootmii, do I REALLY have to do anything else?

I mean, I'm only curious about The Conduit, Punch-Out! and maybe lil king's story (i've got a new ps3 but have the discs for two of the aforementioned games...) If I update via the discs...what do I need to get besides bootmii (i've read some guides...but am pretty ishy about doing much with my wii). Is it really necessary to install everything else?

Thanks.
Just install bootmii, do a backup of your NAND, and install a cIOS (any would do), after that do whatever you please..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE(cnk @ Jul 21 2009, 12:27 AM)
I dont know much about Wii... i got only HBC installed on him.
ok here we go!

I got a Wii 2 weeks later and it cames with d2ckey modchip em system firmware 3.4U.
i got a msg from nintendo talking about a update 4.1 i think... i search a lot about informations on that system.

i found some like waninkoko system update 4.1 that we can install with no problems.... right...

my question is if i update my firmware from that waninkoko my d2ckey continues working on my burning game dvds?
If i update from Nintendo direct from wii it ll continue working too?
thnks.!
can someone see my question? XD i buy a sdhc 8gb and i think only system 4.0 and 4.1 runs that right?

whatever you use to update your Wii will not dissable your ModChip function, I would recomend to install a cIOS first, and try to see if you can install BootMii as boot2, if not then forget about it...!!
smile.gif

P.S. SDHC are only supported by FW 4.0+ and some homebrew...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
KennethNL said:
Hey all. I'm back with another question, this time regarding playing Wii Sports Resort (PAL) on my Wii. I have this set up:

PAL Wii + Wiikey
Firmware 3.2E
Homebrew Channel installed
Freeloader

What should I do/install to be able to play the PAL Wii Sports Resort? I used to use the WAD Manager for games like Punch Out! and MadWorld, but suddenly that program doesn't start up anymore. Is there a newer version that I can use, or some other way of playing Wii Sports Resort on my PAL Wii?

Thanks a bunch in advance!
Wad Manager..??? that is for install .wad files only (channels mainly, but I guess you installed IOSes 38-53-55) there is a new one version 1.4, it works better if you have a cIOS installed, but to get it working use NeoGamma and search how to do the "alt .dol" trick, and that would do the trick...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE(hanjoon77 @ Jul 21 2009, 02:32 AM) Im back, hopefully for the last time.
smile.gif

I got my Verbatim DVD-R Discs today, and theyre working like a charm. But, Guitar Hero Aerosmith and Grand Slam Tennis are both in black and white, and Grand Slam Tennis stops at the Beginning screen. But, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 works very well. So does this mean it burned incorrectly or are the settings wrong?
Im on 4.1U cIOS 13a IOS249.

Edit: Alright, I found the problem, it was because Aerosmith and GST were in PAL. I used regionfrii and changed it to US, and burned it again, but it still was in black and white. Anyone got a fix for this?

Also, can anyone help me on how to get the Backup loader channel working?

I believe the B&W issue was because of having the normal A/V cables plugged (don't remember), but I haven't seen any PAL game in B&W and I'm using those cables, what do you mean with gettin' the Backup Loader Channel working, search and use the NeoGamma Channel, it is way better...!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD