Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i.heart.piracy said:
Don't use GCOS Multigame Creator; use WiiUI v1.40. It's a very simple application, and you can find it HERE.
ok but what about my ar question? is there a faster way to input codes onto ar 1.14? kinda like with geckoOS?

spank127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using usb loader v7.4, when I press 1 to download boxart I get an error that says error saving settings .cfg
I don't know what that means so I tried to download the covers online, and added them to the image folder and they still won't load. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong or help me out?

Thanks.....

Kidouken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schubdogg said:
Kidouken,

First off, once you format the drive w/ WBFS manager, do you choose that drive letter and click "load" then copy backups from your PC to it? Or are you trying to rip them straight from the Wii?

Secondly, after you format as WBFS (yes, it only takes like 1-2 seconds...) you will still see it as "raw" in your disk management. It should show up in your "My Computer" as a drive letter but not accessible.

Third, have you tried plugging it into the other USB port on the back of the Wii? I know w/ rev13 it is picky on which USB port you use. You'd be surprised if that was your issue.

Edit: Also, if none of that works, install cIOS rev10 over rev13
Well, I format it and then load a backup from the PC.

Ok, the formatting works, but the problem is that the drive isn't being recognized.

I've tried using the other usb port. No go.

I actually upgraded from cIOS rev10 after it wasn't working there =[

Tundrasama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are there currently any FTP apps for Homebrew that will allow for transfer of files to an HDD connected through USB? I know FTPii can transfer to the SD card, but I've been having difficulty having my computer detect USB 2.0 (it stopped working randomly) and I was going to buy a USB PCI for 2,0, but would rather try something else out before spending money. I'm wanting to send mp3s, videos, and if possible backups to my WBFS drive.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
absolut3 said:
I have the Ultra Noob Question. Does my wii need to be modded (as in takin apart and soldering some chip on) to load backups from my harddrive?

Nope, all is entirely software, believe it or not...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
I am using usb loader v7.4, when I press 1 to download boxart I get an error that says error saving settings .cfg
I don't know what that means so I tried to download the covers online, and added them to the image folder and they still won't load. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong or help me out?

Thanks.....

Ask this at the "Loaders Section" or use another loader, simply as that..!!
wink.gif

Are there currently any FTP apps for Homebrew that will allow for transfer of files to an HDD connected through USB? I know FTPii can transfer to the SD card, but I've been having difficulty having my computer detect USB 2.0 (it stopped working randomly) and I was going to buy a USB PCI for 2,0, but would rather try something else out before spending money. I'm wanting to send mp3s, videos, and if possible backups to my WBFS drive.

I believe you can access to the USB devices plugged onto your Wii with FTPii, but not formated as WBFS, I think it only works under FAT, cause at the end is finally linux you know...!!
smile.gif

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: I remember hearing something about how it's dangerous to install too many virtual console wads onto the system menu; something about using up all the memory / storage. Is this true? What's a safe amount of VC / WiiWare games to have?

AndiNru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am visiting my Mom and go to downgrade her wii. I did mine 6 months ago. She never bother to update like I told her so now I am playing with system menu 4.0. I found a package deal which had everything all set and ready to go off TPB I followed the instructions loaded one of my backups and it didn't read. it said preloader could be found.
So I reinstalled what I thought was the preloader and it restarted. Now I get the black screen of error.
Did I brick my mothers system? How do I fix this??

Schubdogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i.heart.piracy said:
Quick question: I remember hearing something about how it's dangerous to install too many virtual console wads onto the system menu; something about using up all the memory / storage. Is this true? What's a safe amount of VC / WiiWare games to have?

I don't see how this would be an issue if you were loading them off an SD/SDHC card....

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schubdogg said:
i.heart.piracy said:

I don't see how this would be an issue if you were loading them off an SD/SDHC card....

But I'm not loading them off of and SD; I'm installing them onto the Wii...

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i.heart.piracy said:
If anyone was wondering, I figured out what was wrong with the Gamcecube multidisk problem I was having a few pages back. Apparently the newest GCOS frontend automatically creates ISO's in PAL, even if you switch it to NTSC, which was causing the weird black-and-white falling screen issues. I switched to using WiiUI v1.40 instead, and it worked like a charm; can boot both games off of the one disk now.

Which is my advice to this question:

wiiluver135 said:
ok I got the gamecube backup launcher to load up my copy of action replay 1.14 but I was bacl and white and flashing...so I loaded it from the wii backup launcher and it fixed the problem.

Now that that's been straightened out here's my question: I wanna go about backing up Soul Calibur 2 and SSBM onto one disc, but I've searched and nothing came up with some type of tutorial that could help me use "GCOS V4F Final (fixed version)" so I need to know before I burn anything: how do I go about putting two or more GCN backups on one disc?

and question...it's kinda small: is there anyway for me to manually type my ar codes into some type of code manager on the computer then manually typing then in under the ar disc?

Don't use GCOS Multigame Creator; use WiiUI v1.40. It's a very simple application, and you can find it HERE.
it's asking for a file called comdlg32.ocx...where do I get this...is it similar to a key.bin or something different?
Edit: nvm, lol I didn't look at the comments
tongue.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway i can move non-copy files from an sd card on a wii menu version 4.0?

also what is the latelest version of gecko?

liljohnnydoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do I see what cIOS I have installed as well as what other IOS files I have installed ?
How can I check their version and is there a way to copy all the files I have installed to the SD card?

What I want to do is:
get all the files I have on my wii and compare them to the ones I should have.

I have System Menu 4.0 but I think I might have messed up some files on it. I have installed cIOS 36rev7 and some other things afterwards so I do not know what I currently have on my Wii.
How can I install everything properly so I can run backup games?
I installed HBC using the Bannerbomb exploit.

Thank you !

BIGWORM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to know if the latest version of HBC supports the GCN controller? I bricked my friend's Wii hard and with bushing's help I was able to get it to boot to HBC with a stripped down NAND.

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Charmandersrule said:
How can i get Super smash bros n64 on my wii?

According to this wiki, super smash bros will work through a process called Virtual Console injecting. Basicly you take a game that nintendo put on VC and open it up and replace the game with one of your choice. In this case you are going to replace sin and punishment with super smash bros. Search google for a tutorial on how to do this, or for a download of someone who already did. It is a fairly advanced procedure and I've never done it, so good luck
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/VCI...mpatiblity_List

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to 4.0 using the Ultimate Guide, and it worked great--it kept all my Homebrew, channels, etc., and my backups and hacks still work. I have one question: is it still dangerous to leave WiiConnect24 on? Will Nintendo auto-update my console, and remove all my crap I have on the Wii?

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i.heart.piracy said:
I just updated to 4.0 using the Ultimate Guide, and it worked great--it kept all my Homebrew, channels, etc., and my backups and hacks still work. I have one question: is it still dangerous to leave WiiConnect24 on? Will Nintendo auto-update my console, and remove all my crap I have on the Wii?

No, wiiconnect24 does not allow nintendo to remove stuff from your wii, but many people do not recommend you keep it on. It keeps your wifi chip running at all times without the fan being on and the wifi chip is right next to the graphics chip, so some people have had issues with it damaging their graphics. I'm not sure how true this is, but wiiconnect24 is a pretty useless feature so it doesnt hurt to keep it off

BillandAlisha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanting to update my Wii to 3.2 or 4.0 WITHOUT Wifi.

Here are the IOS I have so far..

IOS (Only going to type this 1 time)
4,9,11,12,13,14,15,17,20,21,22,28,30,31,33,34,35,36,37,38,249 and I do have ios38rev13b loaded onto my Wii.

Reason I want to update it so I can install SoftMii. Remember, no Wifi.

i.heart.piracy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
natemckn said:
i.heart.piracy said:

No, wiiconnect24 does not allow nintendo to remove stuff from your wii, but many people do not recommend you keep it on. It keeps your wifi chip running at all times without the fan being on and the wifi chip is right next to the graphics chip, so some people have had issues with it damaging their graphics. I'm not sure how true this is, but wiiconnect24 is a pretty useless feature so it doesnt hurt to keep it off

Thanks; I'll probably keep it off then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches