Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

DJMOJO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick usb loader question. ive got 3.2u installed. have HBC installed everything is good. installed usb loader chanel 1.5 and im getting a hd 350 gig 2.5' drive in soon. my question is how do i get ISOsfrom my xp based computer on to a hardrive that isnt formated fat32 or ntsc file systems?

thanks in advanced

tito01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rolleyes.gif
I am a newbie. I have a wii with 3.4u on it and just did the Twilight Hack, got homebrew channel installed on the wii. When launched, there's no icons in homebrew channel. I am trying to use out of region games, from Asia. I think I am quite close on making it work and what other apps might help? What is the best way to go about this issue? Thanks.

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason that my Wii clock is 30 minutes off after soft mod?

I have 3.2U, gamma backup loader and USB loader* working properly with cIOS rev 10.

*USB loader currently only works for USB thumdrive. But I attribute that to the incompatibility of the HDD enclosure.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tito01 said:
rolleyes.gif
I am a newbie. I have a wii with 3.4u on it and just did the Twilight Hack, got homebrew channel installed on the wii. When launched, there's no icons in homebrew channel. I am trying to use out of region games, from Asia. I think I am quite close on making it work and what other apps might help? What is the best way to go about this issue? Thanks.
Every app that you want to show with the HBC needs to be in a folder on SD card like this:
SD:/apps/[map with name of app]
in that map, place the app (re)named boot.dol (optionally you can put a icon.png and meta.xml file in it)

To run out of region originals you need the app named GeckoOs

Stroganoff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bin01 said:
hey guys im guessing of someone can link me the GC loader guide since i cant find it anywhere
Here is the loader plus instructions:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=134170&st=0

I have a question myself: Is it possible to alter Game Channels WADS (found here) to force a language instead of the system default? Because my System is german, but I'd like to play in English.

comet77

Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
comet77 said:
Can we use the Wii to add files to a GameCube card so we can play backups on the GameCube it self?
not atm.
gc card hold saves for gc games, no more
OK, I have been looking for the past 4hrs trying to find the best way to softmod the GameCube. I have come up with a lot of dead links to forums that are no longer live.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question for a mate who is keen to get USB Loader working on his Wii ...

Is it possible to downgrade from 4.0E to 3.2E if the Wii doesn't have the HBC channel installed already ? If so, how ?

If it makes a difference the Wii does have a Wiikey V1 installed.

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
AdamBrunt said:
Quick question for a mate who is keen to get USB Loader working on his Wii ...

Is it possible to downgrade from 4.0E to 3.2E if the Wii doesn't have the HBC channel installed already ? If so, how ?

If it makes a difference the Wii does have a Wiikey V1 installed.
No chance yet, a new exploit is being worked on though.

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i DL wiigator GC 0.2 zip but dont really understand it, u see i dont wanna brick my wii, there isnt even a .dol i just see a bunch of folders with c++ progs, and a meta+png but no dol, can u link me to installation the guide

tito01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(tito01 @ May 4 2009, 04:10 PM) *
rolleyes.gif I am a newbie. I have a wii with 3.4u on it and just did the Twilight Hack, got homebrew channel installed on the wii. When launched, there's no icons in homebrew channel. I am trying to use out of region games, from Asia. I think I am quite close on making it work and what other apps might help? What is the best way to go about this issue? Thanks.

Every app that you want to show with the HBC needs to be in a folder on SD card like this:
SD:/apps/[map with name of app]
in that map, place the app (re)named boot.dol (optionally you can put a icon.png and meta.xml file in it)

To run out of region originals you need the app named GeckoOs

Ok, I did that but still issues. I change to setting to region free and hit launch game, says "No DVD."
I also tried the rebooter as well and "error loading menu"

Do I have to downgrade the system? Running 3.4 u and if so, can anyone send me a simple way to do it? Thanks
blink.gif

Canuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gonna have to bow out this thread and maybe start a thread of my own, my last 3 questions have all been missed, I do realise the thread moves fast though.

fuuuuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading for 3 days and can't figure out which guide/hacks/etc to use.
hate2.gif

Here's what I've got.

Wii = 3.4U
4GB USB Flash drive
8GB USB Flash drive
1 GB SD card
6 backups

I'd like to play a backup or two from my USB drives. I've read that it's better to put your loader on one USB drive, and backups on another. Not sure if this is true.

I'm just confused as to what to do. I want the latest and safest method, but there is so much stuff to weed through. Can anyone point me to an up to date step by step guide, or video that will get me where I want to go?

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
fuuuuuuuuu said:
I've been reading for 3 days and can't figure out which guide/hacks/etc to use.
hate2.gif

Here's what I've got.

Wii = 3.4U
4GB USB Flash drive
8GB USB Flash drive
1 GB SD card
6 backups

I'd like to play a backup or two from my USB drives. I've read that it's better to put your loader on one USB drive, and backups on another. Not sure if this is true.

I'm just confused as to what to do. I want the latest and safest method, but there is so much stuff to weed through. Can anyone point me to an up to date step by step guide, or video that will get me where I want to go?
You have a similar setup to mine.
Here's what I did:
1) Downloaded the Softmii 2.1.1 package
2) Installed HBC using the Twilight Hack
3) Installed IOS16 from the Softmii package
4) Installed cIOS249r7 from the Softmii package
5) Downloaded cIOS249r10 installer from Waninkoko's page
6) Installed cIOS249r10
7) Play games using either Wiigator's backup launcher or USB Laucher

For detailed instructions on steps 2-4 just read the Softmii guide.

JMX322

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.

I want to be certain on what I should get before i do anything.

so this is what I have:

Wii 3.2u, never downgraded, no twilight hack.
HBC Installed
Wiikey Installed

Basically I want to get all the functionality of 4.0u (boot from sdcard/usb drive etc). What is the absolute best way of going about this? Should I just run Waninkoko's Firmware Upgrader for 4.0, or do I need other things?

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
tasamy said:
I installed IOS36-64-v1042.wad then when I try to run backup launcher I get error ret=-4100. What does that error mean?
When I try to reinstall again the IOS36, I get error ret=-2011 !! When I try USB loader, I get no CIOS found.
The DVDs and the usb HDD are working on another softmodded wii. What do you advise?
Thanks in advance!

you don't install ios36 directly. Instead, put it in root of the sd. Then you must run the cios rev10 installer dol, it will take the ios36 wad file, patch it and install it as the custom ios.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head