adrian783

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
are there ANY instance where a user MUST remove an IOS to continue do anything? because removing IOS is like one of the big no-nos around here, just wanna clear it up

mastergatuno

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi. What is the secret to run PES2009?
I have a modchip, but with it (disc channel) I receive a black screen.
Using Gamma Loader, Backup Launcher or Softchip (with IOS249 v9) with 002 fix I also get a black screen. I'm sure all other new games will face the same issues =/
I already tried installing IOS 38, 53 and 55 on my Wii. I have 3.2U

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mastergatuno said:
Hi. What is the secret to run PES2009?
I have a modchip, but with it (disc channel) I receive a black screen.
Using Gamma Loader, Backup Launcher or Softchip (with IOS249 v9) with 002 fix I also get a black screen. I'm sure all other new games will face the same issues =/
I already tried installing IOS 38, 53 and 55 on my Wii. I have 3.2U

My PAL version is working on my 3.2E Wii. I too have a modchip.
I have IOS36-64-v1042, IOS38-64-v3609, IOS38-64-v3609 and IOS55-64-v4633 on my Wii installed. I have removed the update from the game with WuI and it's just working in the Disc Channel, I don't even have to use Gecko OS.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ell2Cool said:
thats one other thing i dont get, you said either go for cIOS36r8 or IOS36r9 but not cIOS36r9 and ive seen that quite a few other places aswell. wouldnt it always have a c on the front as its a custom version not made by nintendo?

EDIT: ive now also just seen CIOS249 and CIOS36 in the softmii package
wacko.gif
Many people here use cIOS and IOS together, but some IOS are always (or most of the time) cIOS, so oft the c is dropped
In this case, I mean cIOS36r8 or cIOS36r9, sorry if it was unclear

Install cIOS36, its better as cIOS249 (although they do the same)

KaizokuDawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
KaizokuDawg said:
KaizokuDawg said:
I have a question about the WAD Manager and Wii in general:
What happens if you accidentally install more wads than you have space for?

Earlier I was doing some installing and then when I went back to the system menu it said I was out of space and jumped right to the data management menu. I went to move some channels to my SD card and the first one was ~300 blocks but after moving it I still had 0 blocks free. The second one was ~150 blocks and when it was done I had ~124 free blocks or so. It seems like my installs were all fine.Ive never had the issue come up before and it perplexed me enough to inquire about it since I thought the install would simply not work if I didn't have enough blocks so I just kept installing for a while before going to the system.

So I'm basically asking:
Does the Wii have an extra space that the wads get installed to when you run out of blocks?

Bumping my question from a few pages back.

No you don't have some extra space, that's why the Wii took you to uninstall something to release some space and the main menu could work again as normal...!!
smile.gif

That is what I thought at first but then why did it let me install more than the free blocks I had? I only got like 124 or so blocks after moving ~450 blocks off the Wii. And I never got an error in WADmanager either so if I hadn't decided to stop installing to check it would have kept going.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The wad manager only installs and ignores your free space
it doesn't even check your space at all
if you run out, the wad you install will be corrupt

helloforum said:
Can someone tell me what startpatch is?
an alternative for preloader on 4.0 that installs hacks for the system menu

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ell2Cool said:
thats one other thing i dont get, you said either go for cIOS36r8 or IOS36r9 but not cIOS36r9 and ive seen that quite a few other places aswell. wouldnt it always have a c on the front as its a custom version not made by nintendo?

EDIT: ive now also just seen CIOS249 and CIOS36 in the softmii package
wacko.gif

Never ever use the term CIOS249! The term cIOSx means, custom IOS based on IOSx, there's no cIOS249, because there is no IOS249 from nintendo. IOS249 is your cIOS if you have one installed, but call it by what it is and not where it is installed on your Wii. If you have installed cIOS36rev9, your Wii knows it as IOS249, and all homebrew access it as IOS249, but call it cIOS, rev9 cIOS or cIOS36rev9. cIOS are mostly based on IOS36 and installed IOS249. Installing IOS36v1042 is important for many people because the HBC starts IOS36 for all homebrew and most homebrew doesn't load another IOS than the one they are started with. When you install IOS36v1042, it's installed as IOS36 on your Wii and accessed as IOS36.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
AS someone has already asked,

Whats the ??? question marks you see when trying to delete some channels?

From what iv just been reading above about wad manager installing a wad even if you don't have the room makes me think thats what the question mark channels are.

Anyone conferm this?

I read somewhere you can't use any other usb divice when using usb loader and having a h/d attached! but my usb keyboard works fine with that setup ,usb keyboard (slot 1) - H/D (slot).,,,just thought i would add that.

paul

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
I really need help

i have a wii with 3.2u + twilight hack and homebrew channel, i bought it like that from a kid, any ways i updated it to 4.0u and my homebrew channal was still there but when i went to play my legend of zelda twilight princess , my data and twilight hack is gone, i went to put files such as cios installer and backup launcher gama 0.3 in the apps folder,i went on my homebrew channal and i seen the files on my wii , i clicked cios installer and it loaded to 0% and wont go higher, it wont load my files please some 1 help me!!!!!!!!!!

moose94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question:

I have preloader installed on 4.0...

If I set preloader to autoboot to Wiimenu, what is the short-cut to boot back into preloader?

TIA!

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
I really need help

i have a wii with 3.2u + twilight hack and homebrew channel, i bought it like that from a kid, any ways i updated it to 4.0u and my homebrew channal was still there but when i went to play my legend of zelda twilight princess , my data and twilight hack is gone, i went to put files such as cios installer and backup launcher gama 0.3 in the apps folder,i went on my homebrew channal and i seen the files on my wii , i clicked cios installer and it loaded to 0% and wont go higher, it wont load my files please some 1 help me!!!!!!!!!!

Ps. i never installed any thing using homebrew channel, i bought it like that please give me a solution

Clamper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me ?

I installed cios36_rev9 and i'm playing fine some games through the usb loader, but now i want to upgrade my Wii to firmware 4.0.

Do i have to install a regular IOS60 before or some kind of custom IOS60 ? And after that, do i have to download it through waninkoko's firmware 4.0 upgrader or can i just download it through the wii system update?

Thx in advance

EDIT: Oh, i use SoftMii, will it still works if i update ?

OmegaII

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Little question:

I've been skimming the topics in here but couldn't find an answer.

When your modchip ( wasabi DX in my case ) has a "no update" feature. And you load a game with for example the USB loader, or some kind of method the DVD drive isn't used ( and imo the modchip isn't nesceseraly used). Is the "no update" feature of the modchip still active, or do I still need something like starfall to prevent it to update ?

Also is the update the only risk to brick your wii when custom IOS are installed, or is there any other good reason to have starfall installed.

Or even better, a reason to choose preloader/starpatch above starfall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Peppe30_Bricking @ Peppe30_Bricking: so it already makes me want to run away;)