1. 2yugimoto

2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

United States
    bumping question

really need help

i have a wii with 3.2u + twilight hack and homebrew channel, i bought it like that from a kid, any ways i updated it to 4.0u and my homebrew channal was still there but when i went to play my legend of zelda twilight princess , my data and twilight hack is gone, i went to put files such as cios installer and backup launcher gama 0.3 in the apps folder,i went on my homebrew channal and i seen the files on my wii , i clicked cios installer and it loaded to 0% and wont go higher, it wont load my files please some 1 help me!!!!!!!!!!

Ps. i never installed any thing using homebrew channel, i bought it like that please give me a solution

2. Jetpac

Jetpac Member
    Newcomer

Hey Folks.

Ive just used the Softmii package to hack my Wii, and it all installed ok. (i dont know if i cant play backups or not yet as i haven't tested it, but i would assume that as everything went ok that it should)

Ive installed the USB loader as well which is a bit nifty!
    Anyway i was wondering:

What are the 'Must-Have' Apps/hacks and anyones that i may find useful?
    (as i said i have installed the softmii package and the USB loader, that's it)

Thanks in advance guys [​IMG]

3. thilixD

thilixD Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a wii on 4.0 (I updated from nintendo), and I had previously installed HB channel before updating, but the wads I install through the wad manager are not working if I pass them to the SD card channel, there are some way I can fix this?

4. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!
    Former Staff

Mexico
    Well the only must-have are the ones you want cause you're now at 3.2 with preloader/CIOScorp/ARC (for region free)/cMIOS/cIOS249_r9, but I'll say the only must-have is Homebrew Browser cause it downloads any legal Homebrew app/game directly to your SD, straight from your Wii...!!! [​IMG]

5. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!
    Former Staff

Mexico
    If you have a cIOS installed download to 3.2 and forget about that shitty "...I ca play directly thru the SD card..." feature, cause it is not really good anyway...!! [​IMG]

6. mastergatuno

mastergatuno Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I installed cIOS36rev9 and still PES2009 dosen't load up >.<
    I have 2 versions, one with update and another without. None work.

7. 2yugimoto

2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I really need help

i have a wii with 3.2u + twilight hack and homebrew channel, i bought it like that from a kid, any ways i updated it to 4.0u and my homebrew channal was still there but when i went to play my legend of zelda twilight princess , my data and twilight hack is gone, i went to put files such as cios installer and backup launcher gama 0.3 in the apps folder,i went on my homebrew channal and i seen the files on my wii , i clicked cios installer and it loaded to 0% and wont go higher, it wont load my files please some 1 help me!!!!!!!!!!

Ps. i never installed any thing using homebrew channel, i bought it like that please give me a solution

Please for the love of gode some 1 please help me!!!!

8. paul3100

paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Look if you didn't have starfall or preloader installed then your stuck on 4.0 which means no playing backup disks or installing any wads!

You really can only wait for someone to find a hack as the twilite hack is dead after you installed v4.0

paul

9. Jerry Maine

Jerry Maine Newbie
    Newcomer

Can I install homebrew using a PAL version of TP on an NTSC wii (3.2j) once I install a mod chip, or alternatively get freeloader?

J

10. john.jingle

john.jingle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    We've had 2 people answer you already, stop reposting the same thing over and over and learn to read.

11. Clamper

Clamper Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks man, i gave up about the update. Good thing i wasnt hasty.

12. phdeez

phdeez Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm sure this is covered somewhere, but I didn't see it in the "Guides" section, nor the FAQ section in the wiki.

I have already done the Z:TP hack, and since I updated from 3.x to 3.4U (thankfully I didn't do the 4.0U update!) I had to go through the PITA ios16 wad installation etc. I can run backups of my games off my usb stick (OCZ Rally2 8gb) so all that is good, along with originals from the DVD drive. I haven't gone through the burn a game and play... thankfully I entered the scene after the usb launcher was revealed.

Can I launch WiiWare/Virtual Console games from HBC or some other means? I understand there are emulators out there for a multitude of systems, but I'd like to use a classic controller (not Gamecube which seems to be necessary for the emulators).

Also, I have read information about some sort of starfall hack... should I look into this? Obviously, I won't be upgrading to 4.0U anytime soon... but is this a good "backup" measure?

Anyways, thanks for having a noob thread... I'm sure dumbass questions like this would be frowned upon.

13. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

14. ThatDudeWithTheFood

United States
    Can i use usb loader and dump ssbb dvd9 with the cutscenes or will i have to pir8 it jk...
    no pir8

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I think you can. But that's an advice from a guy who doesn't use the USB loader.

16. ThatDudeWithTheFood

United States
    ok then ill wait for another answer before i cant play cutscenes

17. vettacossx

vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

i can tell you the single layer one works (even the pal vcersion on a ntsc console) thats all i know for sure bro but the dual layer should also work fine according to the compat wiki anyways [​IMG]

18. Ell2Cool

Ell2Cool Member
    Newcomer

hey,

would would be the best method/order to install the following from scratch (unmodded wii)?

i know i need the HBC and then id need a wad manager and then install the stuff i want like USB loader and gamma loader but in terms of cIOScorp and preloader, would i need to install them at any certain stage?

also ive heard that using preloader you can recover from bricks. what measures would i need to take to ensure i can recover from these. would i need to take a whole NAND backup. any software advice on this?

thanks.

19. Jetpac

Jetpac Member
    Newcomer

Im no expert, but the way i did it was:

To get the HBC use the twilight hack
    Then Install the softmii package (software and instructions on the soft mii website)

20. utah
    This message by utah has been removed from public view by x65943, Oct 30, 2018, Reason: dupe.
    Apr 6, 2009
  21. utah

utah Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    hi, i need a quick help (a think)
    after update succefully my 3.3e wii to 4.0e whit this guide i can't anymore play my old backups like excite truck or zack & wiki, even if i lunch those whit gecko os
    but everything else is working, like original old wii games, hbc e pirated wad.

i installed cIOS rev9, no use, i tried to downgrade to 3.2e, no effect. so, what i must do? cancel some ios? i'm huge lurker, i use to serch before asking, i search for like 20 pages, but i don't find anything like my problem.
    now i have the wii whit 4.0e and cIOS rev9, maybe the problem is i have isntalled to much unnecessary ios?

update
    i tried more games, but the strange thing is that wii music ask me to update the console while i'm on 4.0! wtf?

please help! thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PARADISE,