Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
bumping question

really need help

i have a wii with 3.2u + twilight hack and homebrew channel, i bought it like that from a kid, any ways i updated it to 4.0u and my homebrew channal was still there but when i went to play my legend of zelda twilight princess , my data and twilight hack is gone, i went to put files such as cios installer and backup launcher gama 0.3 in the apps folder,i went on my homebrew channal and i seen the files on my wii , i clicked cios installer and it loaded to 0% and wont go higher, it wont load my files please some 1 help me!!!!!!!!!!

Ps. i never installed any thing using homebrew channel, i bought it like that please give me a solution

Jetpac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Folks.

Ive just used the Softmii package to hack my Wii, and it all installed ok. (i dont know if i cant play backups or not yet as i haven't tested it, but i would assume that as everything went ok that it should)

Ive installed the USB loader as well which is a bit nifty!
Anyway i was wondering:

What are the 'Must-Have' Apps/hacks and anyones that i may find useful?
(as i said i have installed the softmii package and the USB loader, that's it)

Thanks in advance guys
smile.gif

thilixD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wii on 4.0 (I updated from nintendo), and I had previously installed HB channel before updating, but the wads I install through the wad manager are not working if I pass them to the SD card channel, there are some way I can fix this?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
2yugimoto said:
I really need help

i have a wii with 3.2u + twilight hack and homebrew channel, i bought it like that from a kid, any ways i updated it to 4.0u and my homebrew channal was still there but when i went to play my legend of zelda twilight princess , my data and twilight hack is gone, i went to put files such as cios installer and backup launcher gama 0.3 in the apps folder,i went on my homebrew channal and i seen the files on my wii , i clicked cios installer and it loaded to 0% and wont go higher, it wont load my files please some 1 help me!!!!!!!!!!

Ps. i never installed any thing using homebrew channel, i bought it like that please give me a solution

The update kill your Twilight Hack, you need to create another save to be able to play Zelda, the error about loading it has nothing to do with FW 4.0, reformat your SD and put back your files in it, it might be corrupt, but now that you're on 4.0 you wont be able to install any .wad or cIOS, so if they wont load, no big deal cause you can't use them anyway

QUOTE said:
Can anyone help me ?

I installed cios36_rev9 and i'm playing fine some games through the usb loader, but now i want to upgrade my Wii to firmware 4.0.

Do i have to install a regular IOS60 before or some kind of custom IOS60 ? And after that, do i have to download it through waninkoko's firmware 4.0 upgrader or can i just download it through the wii system update?

Thx in advance

EDIT: Oh, i use SoftMii, will it still works if i update ?
Why update..?? it is the most stupid thing to do in the world if you're using homebrew, Softmii only works on 3.2 (the complete package), but if you are stuborn enough and still want to update, use the waninkoko's updater, install preloader and then install CIOScorp for 4.0, just say good bye region free, and remember that your trucha signed disc wont run anymore (Custom GH and stuff like that)

QUOTE said:
Little question:

I've been skimming the topics in here but couldn't find an answer.

When your modchip ( wasabi DX in my case ) has a "no update" feature. And you load a game with for example the USB loader, or some kind of method the DVD drive isn't used ( and imo the modchip isn't nesceseraly used). Is the "no update" feature of the modchip still active, or do I still need something like starfall to prevent it to update ?

Also is the update the only risk to brick your wii when custom IOS are installed, or is there any other good reason to have starfall installed.

Or even better, a reason to choose preloader/starpatch above starfall.

The modchip only works if you use the Wii's Disc Drive, any other thing that you do, it wont even try to be used, the launchers don't read the update partition of the discs, the usb loader only reads the DATA (game) partition, so you can't install updates thru any launcher/loader (even if you want to), and you can brick your Wii:

Installing a different region update in your Wii, Eg. you are NTSC-U user and install a PAL update
Installing a corrupted Channel/.wad file
DELETING IOS
Stupidness
Don't know how to use X app

Hey Folks.

Ive just used the Softmii package to hack my Wii, and it all installed ok. (i dont know if i cant play backups or not yet as i haven't tested it, but i would assume that as everything went ok that it should)

Ive installed the USB loader as well which is a bit nifty!
Anyway i was wondering:

What are the 'Must-Have' Apps/hacks and anyones that i may find useful?
(as i said i have installed the softmii package and the USB loader, that's it)

Thanks in advance guys

Well the only must-have are the ones you want cause you're now at 3.2 with preloader/CIOScorp/ARC (for region free)/cMIOS/cIOS249_r9, but I'll say the only must-have is Homebrew Browser cause it downloads any legal Homebrew app/game directly to your SD, straight from your Wii...!!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thilixD said:
I have a wii on 4.0 (I updated from nintendo), and I had previously installed HB channel before updating, but the wads I install through the wad manager are not working if I pass them to the SD card channel, there are some way I can fix this?

If you have a cIOS installed download to 3.2 and forget about that shitty "...I ca play directly thru the SD card..." feature, cause it is not really good anyway...!!
biggrin.gif

2yugimoto

Trophies
Website
megagamerz.synthasite.com
XP
Country
United States
I really need help

Please for the love of gode some 1 please help me!!!!

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I really need help

Look if you didn't have starfall or preloader installed then your stuck on 4.0 which means no playing backup disks or installing any wads!

You really can only wait for someone to find a hack as the twilite hack is dead after you installed v4.0

paul

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2yugimoto said:
I really need help

We've had 2 people answer you already, stop reposting the same thing over and over and learn to read.

Clamper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Why update..?? it is the most stupid thing to do in the world if you're using homebrew, Softmii only works on 3.2 (the complete package), but if you are stuborn enough and still want to update, use the waninkoko's updater, install preloader and then install CIOScorp for 4.0, just say good bye region free, and remember that your trucha signed disc wont run anymore (Custom GH and stuff like that)

Thanks man, i gave up about the update. Good thing i wasnt hasty.

phdeez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this is covered somewhere, but I didn't see it in the "Guides" section, nor the FAQ section in the wiki.

I have already done the Z:TP hack, and since I updated from 3.x to 3.4U (thankfully I didn't do the 4.0U update!) I had to go through the PITA ios16 wad installation etc. I can run backups of my games off my usb stick (OCZ Rally2 8gb) so all that is good, along with originals from the DVD drive. I haven't gone through the burn a game and play... thankfully I entered the scene after the usb launcher was revealed.

Can I launch WiiWare/Virtual Console games from HBC or some other means? I understand there are emulators out there for a multitude of systems, but I'd like to use a classic controller (not Gamecube which seems to be necessary for the emulators).

Also, I have read information about some sort of starfall hack... should I look into this? Obviously, I won't be upgrading to 4.0U anytime soon... but is this a good "backup" measure?

Anyways, thanks for having a noob thread... I'm sure dumbass questions like this would be frowned upon.

D

Deleted User

phdeez said:
I'm sure this is covered somewhere, but I didn't see it in the "Guides" section, nor the FAQ section in the wiki.
Then you should've searched. Many of your questions has been asked over and over again.

Can I launch WiiWare/Virtual Console games from HBC or some other means?
Wiiware & Virtual Console, no. But if you want ROMs, you can, use emulators.

But you can install them using WAD Manager. Installing them will make the game appear in the System Menu.

I understand there are emulators out there for a multitude of systems, but I'd like to use a classic controller (not Gamecube which seems to be necessary for the emulators).
Then you should've checked the emulator list on Wiibrew. Many of the emulators support Classic Controller

Also, I have read information about some sort of starfall hack... should I look into this?
No you shouldn't. Starfall's outdated, get Preloader. Confused on how to install? Check the guide by me. (It's outdated a bit though
tongue.gif
)

Obviously, I won't be upgrading to 4.0U anytime soon... but is this a good "backup" measure?
"backup" measure for what? And I recommend you to go to 4.0U and install Preloader. Check the guides on how to.But make sure you have a cIOS installed first.

Anyways, thanks for having a noob thread... I'm sure dumbass questions like this would be frowned upon.
Yeah you should be thanking for it. If i had not just wake up, I'd kill you for not searching XD

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey,

would would be the best method/order to install the following from scratch (unmodded wii)?

i know i need the HBC and then id need a wad manager and then install the stuff i want like USB loader and gamma loader but in terms of cIOScorp and preloader, would i need to install them at any certain stage?

also ive heard that using preloader you can recover from bricks. what measures would i need to take to ensure i can recover from these. would i need to take a whole NAND backup. any software advice on this?

thanks.

Jetpac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im no expert, but the way i did it was:

To get the HBC use the twilight hack
Then Install the softmii package (software and instructions on the soft mii website)

utah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, i need a quick help (a think)
after update succefully my 3.3e wii to 4.0e whit this guide i can't anymore play my old backups like excite truck or zack & wiki, even if i lunch those whit gecko os
but everything else is working, like original old wii games, hbc e pirated wad.

i installed cIOS rev9, no use, i tried to downgrade to 3.2e, no effect. so, what i must do? cancel some ios? i'm huge lurker, i use to serch before asking, i search for like 20 pages, but i don't find anything like my problem.
now i have the wii whit 4.0e and cIOS rev9, maybe the problem is i have isntalled to much unnecessary ios?

update
i tried more games, but the strange thing is that wii music ask me to update the console while i'm on 4.0! wtf?

please help! thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NicoXChan, welcome