1. adrian783

adrian783 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    are there ANY instance where a user MUST remove an IOS to continue do anything? because removing IOS is like one of the big no-nos around here, just wanna clear it up

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

No, you SHOULD NOT remove any IOS, ever. Only re-install.

3. mastergatuno

mastergatuno Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi. What is the secret to run PES2009?
    I have a modchip, but with it (disc channel) I receive a black screen.
    Using Gamma Loader, Backup Launcher or Softchip (with IOS249 v9) with 002 fix I also get a black screen. I'm sure all other new games will face the same issues =/
    I already tried installing IOS 38, 53 and 55 on my Wii. I have 3.2U

4. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    My PAL version is working on my 3.2E Wii. I too have a modchip.
    I have IOS36-64-v1042, IOS38-64-v3609, IOS38-64-v3609 and IOS55-64-v4633 on my Wii installed. I have removed the update from the game with WuI and it's just working in the Disc Channel, I don't even have to use Gecko OS.

5. mastergatuno

mastergatuno Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Do you have preloader?

6. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    Many people here use cIOS and IOS together, but some IOS are always (or most of the time) cIOS, so oft the c is dropped
    In this case, I mean cIOS36r8 or cIOS36r9, sorry if it was unclear

Install cIOS36, its better as cIOS249 (although they do the same)

7. helloforum

helloforum GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can someone tell me what startpatch is?

8. KaizokuDawg

KaizokuDawg Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    That is what I thought at first but then why did it let me install more than the free blocks I had? I only got like 124 or so blocks after moving ~450 blocks off the Wii. And I never got an error in WADmanager either so if I hadn't decided to stop installing to check it would have kept going.

9. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    The wad manager only installs and ignores your free space
    it doesn't even check your space at all
    if you run out, the wad you install will be corrupt

an alternative for preloader on 4.0 that installs hacks for the system menu

10. KaizokuDawg

KaizokuDawg Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Would the games just not boot if the install is corrupt because despite what I said all the wad's I installed booted perfectly fine.

11. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Gambia, The
    Never ever use the term CIOS249! The term cIOSx means, custom IOS based on IOSx, there's no cIOS249, because there is no IOS249 from nintendo. IOS249 is your cIOS if you have one installed, but call it by what it is and not where it is installed on your Wii. If you have installed cIOS36rev9, your Wii knows it as IOS249, and all homebrew access it as IOS249, but call it cIOS, rev9 cIOS or cIOS36rev9. cIOS are mostly based on IOS36 and installed IOS249. Installing IOS36v1042 is important for many people because the HBC starts IOS36 for all homebrew and most homebrew doesn't load another IOS than the one they are started with. When you install IOS36v1042, it's installed as IOS36 on your Wii and accessed as IOS36.

12. paul3100

paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

AS someone has already asked,

Whats the ??? question marks you see when trying to delete some channels?

From what iv just been reading above about wad manager installing a wad even if you don't have the room makes me think thats what the question mark channels are.

Anyone conferm this?

I read somewhere you can't use any other usb divice when using usb loader and having a h/d attached! but my usb keyboard works fine with that setup ,usb keyboard (slot 1) - H/D (slot).,,,just thought i would add that.

paul

13. 2yugimoto

2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I really need help

i have a wii with 3.2u + twilight hack and homebrew channel, i bought it like that from a kid, any ways i updated it to 4.0u and my homebrew channal was still there but when i went to play my legend of zelda twilight princess , my data and twilight hack is gone, i went to put files such as cios installer and backup launcher gama 0.3 in the apps folder,i went on my homebrew channal and i seen the files on my wii , i clicked cios installer and it loaded to 0% and wont go higher, it wont load my files please some 1 help me!!!!!!!!!!

14. paul3100

paul3100 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Unless you had starfall or preloader installed before the update your scr***D!

paul

15. moose94

moose94 Advanced Member

United States
    Quick Question:

I have preloader installed on 4.0...

If I set preloader to autoboot to Wiimenu, what is the short-cut to boot back into preloader?

TIA!

16. Zalda

Zalda GBAtemp Fan

press power and then immediately reset button

17. moose94

moose94 Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks! Wrorked great!

18. 2yugimoto

2yugimoto GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I really need help

i have a wii with 3.2u + twilight hack and homebrew channel, i bought it like that from a kid, any ways i updated it to 4.0u and my homebrew channal was still there but when i went to play my legend of zelda twilight princess , my data and twilight hack is gone, i went to put files such as cios installer and backup launcher gama 0.3 in the apps folder,i went on my homebrew channal and i seen the files on my wii , i clicked cios installer and it loaded to 0% and wont go higher, it wont load my files please some 1 help me!!!!!!!!!!

Ps. i never installed any thing using homebrew channel, i bought it like that please give me a solution

19. Clamper

Clamper Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can anyone help me ?

I installed cios36_rev9 and i'm playing fine some games through the usb loader, but now i want to upgrade my Wii to firmware 4.0.

Do i have to install a regular IOS60 before or some kind of custom IOS60 ? And after that, do i have to download it through waninkoko's firmware 4.0 upgrader or can i just download it through the wii system update?

Thx in advance

EDIT: Oh, i use SoftMii, will it still works if i update ?

20. OmegaII

OmegaII Member
    Newcomer

Belgium
    Little question:

I've been skimming the topics in here but couldn't find an answer.

When your modchip ( wasabi DX in my case ) has a "no update" feature. And you load a game with for example the USB loader, or some kind of method the DVD drive isn't used ( and imo the modchip isn't nesceseraly used). Is the "no update" feature of the modchip still active, or do I still need something like starfall to prevent it to update ?

Also is the update the only risk to brick your wii when custom IOS are installed, or is there any other good reason to have starfall installed.

Or even better, a reason to choose preloader/starpatch above starfall.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PARADISE,