tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Django0 said:
Did Nintendo release a twilighthack-proof version of zelda? or are they all the same?
No, all versions can use the hack
but system menu 4.0 blocks the twilight hack

boy2048 said:
Another Question: Is the Hacks.ini so right?

Code:
[Skip disc update check]
version=418
offset=0x8137EDFC,0x8137EE00
value=0x60000000,0x60000000
still not sure about it
try it first, if its wrong it wont do any harm
then you can try this:

CODE
[Skip disc update check]
version=418
offset=0x8137EDFC
value=0x60000000
offset=0x8137EE00
value=0x60000000

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, guys, got a few questions for you...I've used Google to the best of my ability, but I haven't been able to find straightforward answers to my questions.

For starters, I understand everything pretty well...so let me tell you where I am already.

My Wii is on system menu 3.3U. I have the homebrew channel installed. I have WADmanager 1.3 installed also.

I understand that Nintendo killed the fakesigning bug in 3.3...but I'm not 100% sure what that means for installing new channels. (I can still install VC games and WiiWare games, so that is where I'm getting confused...)

Basically, I'm wanting to install the USB launcher as it's own channel...do I have to downgrade to 3.2 for this to be possible?

If I do have to downgrade, what is the best and safest option? Any Region Changer or Waninkoko's cIOS downgrader? Also, should I install Preloader as a safety precaution?

Lastly, it seems I came across a USB launcher that forced NTSC...but I can't seem to find it anymore. Can somebody link me to one? I have mostly PAL backups, and I truly don't feel like redownloading everything.

Any and all help appreciated.

By the way, this is my first official post here. Nice to finally join the discussion.

orbulon83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, is there any word or whisperings of 4.0 exploits that might allow WAD installs / new trucha bug yet?

I was thinking some of you guys must check out all the relevant IRC channels and know who's working on it if anyone... are we all just waiting and hoping BootMii will enable it?

Combo Baker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 4.0U wii has the necesary things installed to load custom channels off the SD card.
Where to I put the channel files though if i want to run them off my SD card?

D

Deleted User

diffikolt said:
Alright, guys, got a few questions for you...I've used Google to the best of my ability, but I haven't been able to find straightforward answers to my questions.

For starters, I understand everything pretty well...so let me tell you where I am already.

My Wii is on system menu 3.3U. I have the homebrew channel installed. I have WADmanager 1.3 installed also.

I understand that Nintendo killed the fakesigning bug in 3.3...but I'm not 100% sure what that means for installing new channels. (I can still install VC games and WiiWare games, so that is where I'm getting confused...)

Basically, I'm wanting to install the USB launcher as it's own channel...do I have to downgrade to 3.2 for this to be possible?

If I do have to downgrade, what is the best and safest option? Any Region Changer or Waninkoko's cIOS downgrader? Also, should I install Preloader as a safety precaution?

Lastly, it seems I came across a USB launcher that forced NTSC...but I can't seem to find it anymore. Can somebody link me to one? I have mostly PAL backups, and I truly don't feel like redownloading everything.

Any and all help appreciated.

By the way, this is my first official post here. Nice to finally join the discussion.

Best suggestion:
Upgrade to 4.0 using one of the methods here (And keeping the fakesigning bug). Then install Preloader 0.29. I did the offline method (Install IOS 60 via WAD Manager, Then install System Menu via WAD Manager, then patch the IOS 60 using homebrew)

Then you have the best firmware and the best anti-brick protection. So j00 could install WADs, safely.

And sorry, I don't have a link for the USB Loader.

orbulon83 said:
Hey guys, is there any word or whisperings of 4.0 exploits that might allow WAD installs / new trucha bug yet?

I was thinking some of you guys must check out all the relevant IRC channels and know who's working on it if anyone... are we all just waiting and hoping BootMii will enable it?

What are yeh talking about? New exploit on 4.0? If so, yep there's one by comex. Wait for it.

QUOTE(Combo Baker @ Apr 7 2009, 07:13 AM)
My 4.0U wii has the necesary things installed to load custom channels off the SD card.
Where to I put the channel files though if i want to run them off my SD card?

What, you mean directly from PC? It's not possible. Tickets must be in your system (Which is installed via WAD Manager when you install WADs) for the channel has the ability to play.

If you're talking about launching channels from SD Card, simply copy/move the channel to your SD Card, head over to the SD Card menu and launch teh game/channel.

butterbutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure this isn't possible yet BUUUTTT...

I have a 3.2U Wii and I want to get Onslaught and Pop 'Em Drop 'Em Same Game to work

I tried using IO55 but it didn't fix anything.

Any ideas?

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
2.) StarPatch cant find some of the patches, should I just wait for NTSC preloader hacks?

Yo can't use starfall on 4.0! only works on 3.2

QUOTEI have a 3.2U Wii and I want to get Onslaught

I have this game working (the channel/wad) and i am on 3.2 e with the twilight hack installed, rev 9, Gamma Loader 0.3 with 002 fix.

paul

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EnigmaXtreme said:
Im hearing u can now run USB Channels off the SD Card? How is this possible and is it safer then running it off the NAND

Yes, you can do that. It´s not safer, because the Channels will be copied to the Nand to start. But, if you installed the Channels successful, then can nothing happen to you.

Fresh88

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do i delete cheats from the cheat.dat cause i have a r4 ds card and it cant show all cheats or sumthing like that??? but i dont know how to remove cheats from the .dat and the alternative download does not work!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
you better ask that in the R4 boards, this is wii-hacking
tongue.gif

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paul3100 said:
QUOTE said:
2.) StarPatch cant find some of the patches, should I just wait for NTSC preloader hacks?

Yo can't use starfall on 4.0! only works on 3.2

QUOTEI have a 3.2U Wii and I want to get Onslaught

I have this game working (the channel/wad) and i am on 3.2 e with the twilight hack installed, rev 9, Gamma Loader 0.3 with 002 fix.

paul

ok let me help you...
get preloader .29 ... there are ntsc hacks in this forum ... search it... there is a wiki for all hacks as well
to get onslought working you need ios55 installed... use wad manager after you find the ios... use google to find the ios55.wad

anything else? if things get hopless... pm me.

koiulpoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've got a question (of course I do).

Let's assume I have a wii. Well, not MY wii. But a friend has a wii. And let's say I recently did the Twilight hack for him and gave him the HBC so he could boot region-free. But let's assume that, since then, said friend has, despite my advice, updated to version 4.0, and the buggy IOS never got installed. In this situation, am I SOL, despite the homebrew channel still working?

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Django0 said:
So since I have a 1 TB ext. hd, will it work in ntfs ?

No. You have to partition your hard drive using Acronis or Partition Magic and format the new partition to FAT 32.

Next, you have to install cIOS 36 rev. 9...

Once you have done that, you use the homebrew channel to launch USB launcher 1.1 and it will ask you to format your partition to WBFS. (Make sure you select the correct partition so that you don't lose any existing data.)

Then, you can rip games from your DVD drive on your Wii to your harddrive, or you can copy ISOs using a WBFS GUI...

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
smile.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
koiulpoi said:
So, I've got a question (of course I do).

Let's assume I have a wii. Well, not MY wii. But a friend has a wii. And let's say I recently did the Twilight hack for him and gave him the HBC so he could boot region-free. But let's assume that, since then, said friend has, despite my advice, updated to version 4.0, and the buggy IOS never got installed. In this situation, am I SOL, despite the homebrew channel still working?

If he hasn't installed cIOS 36 rev.9 before he upgraded to 4.0, he cannot install the USB ISO loader.

Creqaw

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
diffikolt said:
Django0 said:

No. You have to partition your hard drive using Acronis or Partition Magic and format the new partition to FAT 32.

Once you have done that, you use the homebrew channel to launch USB launcher 1.1 and it will ask you to format your partition to WBFS. (Make sure you select the correct partition so that you don't lose any existing data.)

Then, you can rip games from your DVD drive on your Wii to your harddrive, or you can copy ISOs using a WBFS GUI...

smile.gif

Wait how exactly do you get games on a wii formatted HD? cause I'm pretty sure that windows doesn't support wii formats... or do you use some kind of other program?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Django0 said:
diffikolt said:
Django0 said:

smile.gif

Wait how exactly do you get games on a wii formatted HD? cause I'm pretty sure that windows doesn't support wii formats... or do you use some kind of other program?

You can get games on a WBFS formatted HD via this tool:

http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread....53320#post53320

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, fuck i'm feeling old too