Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
adrian783 said:
does anyone know why my preloader 0.29 only has 3 systemmenu hacks?

the health screen one, the region free one, and the skip disc update one.

the preloader included in softmii 2.1.1 had a lot more if i remember correctly

Posts merged

does anyone know why my preloader 0.29 only has 3 systemmenu hacks?

the health screen one, the region free one, and the skip disc update one.

the preloader included in softmii 2.1.1 had a lot more if i remember correctly
Preloader .29 uses a different setup than .28 and below. The codes that work on those versions will NOT work on .29. The codes you have are the only ones recreated.

adrian783

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gamemaster1379 said:
Preloader .29 uses a different setup than .28 and below. The codes that work on those versions will NOT work on .29. The codes you have are the only ones recreated.

how do i go about getting more system menu hacks for preloader 0.29? and one more thing, what does the load/install file do? where does it install to?

Zanonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rubejb said:
Zanonymous said:
My friend's backup launcher (gamma 002 fix I think, and the gcn loader) isn't working.
When the booting process starts, it starts the initial load (disc starts spinning and the Wii glows blue); THEN, it does this again and again. The disc never fully boots. We've tested multiple games, IOS36 is installed, and we don't know what to do with it. Any advice?

I had the same problem. It (most likely) is the type of discs you're using. At least that was my problem.

I tried what I had, some Sony DVD+Rs, then went out and bought some Maxell DVD-Rs. The sony's went through the burning process but gave me the exact same issue you described. The Maxells wouldn't even finish the burn.

Then I smartened up and listened to the people on these forums and all guide about burning discs and went out and bought some Verbatim DVD-Rs. They work great! Haven't had a bad disc yet and they loaded on the Wii the first time I tried them.

However, now I feel a bit foolish since I'm going to strictly use a USB drive, but at least I have a backup plan if my usb drive dies.

Good luck.

Again: Verbatim DVD-R!!!
Thanks for the advice, but that isn't the problem; we've both been using some of our Sony DVD-R and TDK DVD-R DVDs and they were working with his Wii for at least 2 months, so that couldn't be the problem. Essentially, our Wiis have been softmodded in the same manner, and mine is still working fine, even with his SD card.

o4mills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI THERE IM IN BIG TROUBLE i tried any region changer and accidently changed the region to mpal and now i cant see or do anything in homebrew or play any games any advice on how to fix this problem? thanks

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
o4mills said:
HI THERE IM IN BIG TROUBLE i tried any region changer and accidently changed the region to mpal and now i cant see or do anything in homebrew or play any games any advice on how to fix this problem? thanks

Change it back to NTSC, check some youtube videos so you can see how many buttons you have to press..!!
wink.gif

o4mills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried the you tube thing and still no luck any other ideas

Posts merged

tried the you tube thing and still no luck any other ideas

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
You need the right cIOS (=cutom IOS btw.) to run a backup that uses it from the disc channel. You can manually install them but you also use cIOSCorp which will download all IOS, patch them (to cIOS) and install them.

The (gamecube and wii) Backup Launcher and the USB loader run EVERY game with the same IOS. The backup launchers can use all versions of IOS249 and IOS36 to do this, while the USB loader needs cIOS36rev9 (as that one has USB 2.0 support)
so as long you have IOS36rev9 you can run all (or most) games with the BL and USB loader

so IOS249 and IOS36 are two totally differnet IOS's? i read somewhere that they are the same thing. i know where to get the cIOS36r9 from but does that cIOS249 come packaged with anything in particular or does it get installed automatically when installing some sort of loader?

also, is there an official link for cIOScorp(2)? i cant seem to find it anywhere, and also what is softmii? is it a complete package for loaders/brick system recovery/other stuff. would i be better off just installing that or install everything that i need seperately?

Thanks.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No, you misunderstood me
IOS36 is installed on the place of IOS249 so they are basically the same
(OK, there are some differences, but that doesn't matter now)
If your not going to use the USB loader, install cIOS36rev8 else choose IOS36rev9

cIOSCorp and Softmii can be found on the Softmii site http://softmii.org (under downloads)
Softmii is basically a package with a guide and all software needed for it
It includes cIOSCorp (disc channel backups), preloder (brick protection,...) and backups (both gc and wii).
I think the latest version includes the USB loader too

An alternative for Softmii is Miiwii (made by D-Jay) and can be found on this site (even this board). I didn't install it, but it seems to be easier to understand and too install. BUT I has less features and doesn't contain all the files as it is hosted on this site.

richy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I'm sure I used to have a thread or a wiki bookmarked which explained what all the (ret = -xxx) error messages meant when using WAD manager but I can't seem to find it. I might have made it up but does anyone know of a list either on gbatemp or another site? Cheers
smile.gif

o4mills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need some help regarding changing my wii back to ntsc i accidently changed it to mpal and now i cant see the homebrew channel proplerly ive watched the youtube video and no luck and help would be appricated

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, some questions, Do the new wiis come with 4.0? If so, what can I do to downgrade it to 3.2U safely in order to use the new usb loader?

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Well thats the question I have, do anyone know if the new wiis, you know if I go now and buy a new one, do they come with 4.0 or not yet??

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
o4mills said:
need some help regarding changing my wii back to ntsc i accidently changed it to mpal and now i cant see the homebrew channel proplerly ive watched the youtube video and no luck and help would be appricated
did you change the wii region or the video output?
I'm guessing the last one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.