Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Angelus3K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
necasus said:
Quick question,

I've been trying to use the cIOS36_rev9 installer and it has been failing and I can't find any info on it. All the steps are successful EXCEPT the "Finishing installation" one. It says ERROR and I can't remember the error code, but I think it started with a -2 (like -2010 or something...Im at work so I can't check it). This is with a wad installation AND a network installation. Anyway, I updated to the latest menus etc using waninkokos firmware updater beforehand. Would that be why? Do I have to downgrade, and is that dangerous?

I too had problems installing Rev 9, I ran IOS downgrader and Custom IOS Downgrader basically reinstalling 3.2E and that worked for me.

necasus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Angelus3K said:
necasus said:
Quick question,

I've been trying to use the cIOS36_rev9 installer and it has been failing and I can't find any info on it. All the steps are successful EXCEPT the "Finishing installation" one. It says ERROR and I can't remember the error code, but I think it started with a -2 (like -2010 or something...Im at work so I can't check it). This is with a wad installation AND a network installation. Anyway, I updated to the latest menus etc using waninkokos firmware updater beforehand. Would that be why? Do I have to downgrade, and is that dangerous?

I too had problems installing Rev 9, I ran IOS downgrader and Custom IOS Downgrader basically reinstalling 3.2E and that worked for me.

Cool, thanks! Also, is it safe to upgrade to the latest stuff with the firmware upgrader after I downgrade and install rev 9?

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ell2Cool said:
Hi Guys,

Im just about to get a Wii and would love to get the backups running without the use of a modchip. Ive been reading and reading but theres still some things im not sure of and was hoping someone could help me.

Ive read that 3.2 is THE firmware to have so you can use trucha signed discs but does that mean if i was to upgrade to 4.0 using this waninkoko guys updater, i still wouldnt be able to use them?

also, what is IOS249? ive read that some games require this to play? if thats the case that what comes as standard on the wii and why would these games need seperate IOS's. is this the same one that cames bundled with the new USB launcher?

i would also like to block updates on backups, i would use brickblocker, but is there anything that i could use on the wii to garantee this, even on retail discs? ive heard about starfall or preloader but dotn really know much about this.

and IOS60 and IOS61??????? reading up on updating to 4 (or maybe not ive read so much i cant remember) that you dont install one but do the other, what are they used for??

CIOScorp2 anyone. what is it?

basically i would at the end of the day like to be able to load both backups from a USB HDD and with burnt games, and have read that there is an option to load them through the disc channel. is that where you would load retail games? if thats so and didnt apply this extra patch, where would they normally load from?

many thanks guys.

shameless bump
biggrin.gif
. anyone???

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ell2Cool said:
Hi Guys,

Im just about to get a Wii and would love to get the backups running without the use of a modchip. Ive been reading and reading but theres still some things im not sure of and was hoping someone could help me.

Ive read that 3.2 is THE firmware to have so you can use trucha signed discs but does that mean if i was to upgrade to 4.0 using this waninkoko guys updater, i still wouldnt be able to use them? use waninkokos updater and you'll be able to use trucha signed discs, but your new wii will most likely already be on 4.0

also, what is IOS249? ive read that some games require this to play? if thats the case that what comes as standard on the wii and why would these games need seperate IOS's. is this the same one that cames bundled with the new USB launcher? cIOS249 is indeed used to play backups, with the backup launcher (it loads every game with that cIOS). If you want to run backups with the disc channel you need the cIOS the game needs. cIOS36 will also be installed like if it was IOS249 (and so has the same purpose)

i would also like to block updates on backups, i would use brickblocker, but is there anything that i could use on the wii to garantee this, even on retail discs? ive heard about starfall or preloader but don't really know much about this. Dont brickblock. You can use starfall (needs sys menu 3.2) or preloader to block disc updates. Both can be found on http://wiibrew.org

and IOS60 and IOS61??????? reading up on updating to 4 (or maybe not ive read so much i cant remember) that you dont install one but do the other, what are they used for??
Still not very sure what they do, but I think 4.0 uses them

CIOScorp2 anyone. what is it? Install ALL (or most) of the needed cIOS that are required to play backups through disc channel

basically i would at the end of the day like to be able to load both backups from a USB HDD and with burnt games, and have read that there is an option to load them through the disc channel. true is that where you would load retail games? yes if thats so and didnt apply this extra patch, where would they normally load from? The backup launcher

many thanks guys.
hope it helps

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Ell2Cool said:
Hi Guys,

Ive read that 3.2 is THE firmware to have so you can use trucha signed discs but does that mean if i was to upgrade to 4.0 using this waninkoko guys updater, i still wouldnt be able to use them? use waninkokos updater and you'll be able to use trucha signed discs, but your new wii will most likely already be on 4.0

also, what is IOS249? ive read that some games require this to play? if thats the case that what comes as standard on the wii and why would these games need seperate IOS's. is this the same one that cames bundled with the new USB launcher? cIOS249 is indeed used to play backups, with the backup launcher (it loads every game with that cIOS). If you want to run backups with the disc channel you need the cIOS the game needs. cIOS36 will also be installed like if it was IOS249 (and so has the same purpose)

i would also like to block updates on backups, i would use brickblocker, but is there anything that i could use on the wii to garantee this, even on retail discs? ive heard about starfall or preloader but don't really know much about this. Dont brickblock. You can use starfall (needs sys menu 3.2) or preloader to block disc updates. Both can be found on http://wiibrew.org

Still not very sure what they do, but I think 4.0 uses them

CIOScorp2 anyone. what is it? Install ALL (or most) of the needed cIOS that are required to play backups through disc channel

basically i would at the end of the day like to be able to load both backups from a USB HDD and with burnt games, and have read that there is an option to load them through the disc channel. true is that where you would load retail games? yes if thats so and didnt apply this extra patch, where would they normally load from? The backup launcher

many thanks guys.
hope it helps

many thanks for that. just got a few more questions are that though from your answers. you said that if a game need a specific IOS then the appropriate cIOS should be installed for the game to play on the disc channel. so does that mean that i should use cIOScorp2 to install every custom IOS possible to get the best compatability. is that how it works? is it even possible. i know that requesting cIOS's isnt permitted but does cIOScorp2 download the cIOS's for you or do you have to source them yourself?

""also, what is IOS249? ive read that some games require this to play? if thats the case that what comes as standard on the wii and why would these games need seperate IOS's. is this the same one that cames bundled with the new USB launcher? cIOS249 is indeed used to play backups, with the backup launcher (it loads every game with that cIOS). If you want to run backups with the disc channel you need the cIOS the game needs. cIOS36 will also be installed like if it was IOS249 (and so has the same purpose)""

does that mean that if the wii doesnt have the appripriate cIOS installed, it cant run the backup thru disc channel, but still can through its own loader IE usb loader or the gamma loader?

thanks.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You need the right cIOS (=cutom IOS btw.) to run a backup that uses it from the disc channel. You can manually install them but you also use cIOSCorp which will download all IOS, patch them (to cIOS) and install them.

The (gamecube and wii) Backup Launcher and the USB loader run EVERY game with the same IOS. The backup launchers can use all versions of IOS249 and IOS36 to do this, while the USB loader needs cIOS36rev9 (as that one has USB 2.0 support)
so as long you have IOS36rev9 you can run all (or most) games with the BL and USB loader

Zanonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend's backup launcher (gamma 002 fix I think, and the gcn loader) isn't working.
When the booting process starts, it starts the initial load (disc starts spinning and the Wii glows blue); THEN, it does this again and again. The disc never fully boots. We've tested multiple games, IOS36 is installed, and we don't know what to do with it. Any advice?

Ell2Cool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
You need the right cIOS (=cutom IOS btw.) to run a backup that uses it from the disc channel. You can manually install them but you also use cIOSCorp which will download all IOS, patch them (to cIOS) and install them.

The (gamecube and wii) Backup Launcher and the USB loader run EVERY game with the same IOS. The backup launchers can use all versions of IOS249 and IOS36 to do this, while the USB loader needs cIOS36rev9 (as that one has USB 2.0 support)
so as long you have IOS36rev9 you can run all (or most) games with the BL and USB loader

ok i think i now know everything i need to know.

im hoping to get my wii tomorrow but this will all be pretty much useless if its version 4. although ive got a few cousins that probably havent updated it and would be more than happy to trade theirs with me for a brand new version.
biggrin.gif

one last question, i think. so is there hardly any point in using the waninkoko updater to update to V4? no real benefits apart from SDHC support?

thanks once again.

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend has TP hack, HBC, Preloader0.28, and Gamma002fix channel installed on 3.2E.
He has IOS38,53, and 55 installed.

However, he isn't able to play any backups.
He gets errors that it says "unable to read the disc" burning with Nero at 4x.

Any ideas how to help him?
I'm running backups smoothly (with gamma channel) on 4.0U, but I have no idea why his stuff doesn't work.
Suggestions/Advice?

outlawpika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
outlawpika said:
sess said:
You can use WiiScrubber to remove (but keep one) videos from Subspace Emissary. On that adventure mode, everytime you get to a cutscene, the same video plays. But I'm sorry, can't help you with that one, I don't know how to remove the other videos. :/
so how can i make it a smaller size...
im not suggesting removing videos is the only way.....
or how can i do what you just described?....
does anyone have any ideas on how exactly i can reduce Brawl's size small enough to burn on a single layer disc?...

rubejb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zanonymous said:
My friend's backup launcher (gamma 002 fix I think, and the gcn loader) isn't working.
When the booting process starts, it starts the initial load (disc starts spinning and the Wii glows blue); THEN, it does this again and again. The disc never fully boots. We've tested multiple games, IOS36 is installed, and we don't know what to do with it. Any advice?

I had the same problem. It (most likely) is the type of discs you're using. At least that was my problem.

I tried what I had, some Sony DVD+Rs, then went out and bought some Maxell DVD-Rs. The sony's went through the burning process but gave me the exact same issue you described. The Maxells wouldn't even finish the burn.

Then I smartened up and listened to the people on these forums and all guide about burning discs and went out and bought some Verbatim DVD-Rs. They work great! Haven't had a bad disc yet and they loaded on the Wii the first time I tried them.

However, now I feel a bit foolish since I'm going to strictly use a USB drive, but at least I have a backup plan if my usb drive dies.

Good luck.

Again: Verbatim DVD-R!!!

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys another question...

I have a WiiWare game installed, but, i lost the wad that installed it. How can i completely delete it? (Tickets and what not, since i dont have the original wad, i've tried with other wads but they dont detected it as installed oddly) Nevermind this! downloaded all version and one eventually worked while using wad unnistaller
wink.gif
thanks anyway ryu77

If i do a format will it go back to the original version of the Wii? or will stay at 3.2 (the one i'm currenly at... never updated since then)

Also... does starpatch skips the updates & adds region free? (and it does work with waninkoko 4.0 update correct?)

last time i swear
wink.gif

adrian783

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know why my preloader 0.29 only has 3 systemmenu hacks?

the health screen one, the region free one, and the skip disc update one.

the preloader included in softmii 2.1.1 had a lot more if i remember correctly

Posts merged

does anyone know why my preloader 0.29 only has 3 systemmenu hacks?

the health screen one, the region free one, and the skip disc update one.

the preloader included in softmii 2.1.1 had a lot more if i remember correctly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh