thesaint08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fun_Zephyr said:
Sorry - I thought your bat file was in the same folder as the part1.iso etc.

Although you have it sorted all you need to do in the future is have:

part1.iso, part2.iso, part3.iso AND blahblah.bat in the same folder location. EG: Folder on the desktop called mario contains the 3 x iso files and the 1 x batch file.
create the copy line in the batch file as instructed before - copy /b part1.iso+part2.iso+part3.iso mario.iso
Double click the batch file and it will execute without having to use the cmd line.

Going via cmd is a little more complicated but works just as well if completed correct. Glad you got it sorted
smile.gif

Thanks, I will try this method next time to see if it's any easier.

EDIT: Works a treat. The problem seemed to be that I was trying to "run" the program, when simply double clicking it did it for me.

yay.gif

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
EDIT: btw, i've fixed Mplayer CE smb problem. turns out that my ip was wrong... even though it was working the other day lol strange, probably my dad doin something and it changed the ip or something lol
Exactly what I thought
smile.gif
If you're using DHCP (most likely) the IPs can/will change sometimes. You can set up network manually on your PC to prevent this, or set static leases on your router if supported. I setup static leases for devices on my network that I need to always have the same IP.

nomisil said:
hey, i've recently installed the twilight hack and downgraded my firmware from 3.4U to 3.2U.
i've burned a copy of Super Mario Galaxy (NTSC) using IMGburn on a Sony DVD-R and a copy of Metal Slug Anthology(NTSC) using Nero8.
i used Custom WM to install cios_fix.wad. and wad manager to install wads such as DjTaz_gamma_loader.wad, IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad, and IOS38-64-v3609.
I installed everything on Starfall and installed the shop channel IOS51.
After everything i did, i loaded up Gamma Loader and launched the game but it just black screens and nothing happens.
i press 1 and the config menu shows up but it still doesnt launch the disc.
i also rebooted it with hooks..and still nothing. sooo is there a step i missed out on? any help would be appreciated! ty!

EDIT: i get either a "No DVD error" and a green flashing screen using Gamma Backup Channel and Gecko OS 1.07
Did you install cIOS?

BBking83 said:
Hi! I just downloaded the 002fixGammaLoader and have some Q's. The following files are found here:

Put onto SD Card\WAD\Backup_Loader_ZELDA-BKUP.wad
Put onto SD Card\WAD\Wiiish-BKUP.wad

What are the difference? Are they the same loader??

And, if I wanted to make my own wad with pics and stuff for the GammaLoader do I use the file found here: Put onto SD Card\boot.dol

Thanx for ya help!!
The 2 wads just have different banners. You can make your own wads with Wadder. The boot.dol in the root directory of that package is the HBC installer. You can get the backup launcher dol from WiiGator's Blog.

QUOTE(Ryu_Niiyama @ Mar 5 2009, 01:12 AM)
Hi everybody, I've been lurking for a little while and tried searching but couldn't find an answer to this. First off...

My Wii specs
3.3U firmware (has not been downgraded or modified...I have teh dial up...)
running HBC with wiigator's backup loader version 0.3
using (for now) maxtor and verbatim DVD+R (they work with no problems but I'll switch to -R when I get some cash)
Burning with Roxio 10 with no problems

My problem:
I have "procured" taiko no tatsujin wii. It was originally compressed into 1.83GB (in .rar format) and when unpacked is 4.4GB? (I'm at work so I can't check) I've read that it works with wiigator's back up loader but I have seen a few people say it doesn't (compatability list says it works). When I boot it up it gets to the opening warning screen that pretty much tells you not to stab somebody with the tatakon and i press a and i get a disk read error screen. Tried forcing pal,ntsc and changing it to the japanese language for the console but i get the same error. Will it run or do i need to downgrade or something and also is it possible to use the back up loader to run a japanese game? Because I'm more than willing to import this game if need be...I'm buying the controller as soon as i get a sure answer. if you need anymore info let me know or pm me but that's all i can think up.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like a possible bad burn to me. I don't think region issues lead to DREs.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
mikeyt1998 said:
EDIT: btw, i've fixed Mplayer CE smb problem. turns out that my ip was wrong... even though it was working the other day lol strange, probably my dad doin something and it changed the ip or something lol
I think your PC is configured for dynamic IP. So whenever you restart your computer the IP can change.

EDIT: Never mind, SilverSurfR already said this.

bobo_bobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm a noob. What's with all this IOS stuff. My Wii is 3.2U do I need to download and install any IOS to play some games, I already have the homebrew channel installed. Thanks for any help.

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Gamer said:
Hello, I'm just wondering this.

I have a Wiikey and as you already know, the GCN audio fix in FW 1.9s is broken.

So, the question is, if I install the cMIOS and then use the GC Backup Loader, the games that need audio fix *could* work fine, even if I have the chip?

Thanks!!!

Any idea on this?

Thanks a bunch!

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gamer said:
Gamer said:
Hello, I'm just wondering this.

I have a Wiikey and as you already know, the GCN audio fix in FW 1.9s is broken.

So, the question is, if I install the cMIOS and then use the GC Backup Loader, the games that need audio fix *could* work fine, even if I have the chip?

Thanks!!!

Any idea on this?

Thanks a bunch!

cant hurt to try can it?
smile.gif
if it works on a softmod wii i dont see why it wouldnt wor on a hardmord.

i do believe you can uninstall the cMIOS too if it doesnt work so theres no worries there!

yoniwei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so I just recently softmodded my wii. i have HBC, the gamma loader and wiigator 0.3 loader and i installed cios7 i believe it was called. so anyways, i have 2 isos, mario party 8 and call of duty world at war. call of duty flashes green for a second and then loads perfectly with the force NTSC option. mario party freezes on green screen with this setting, and for any other setting it scrolls in black and white. i burned twice using verbatim dvd-r, and once with dvd+r and they all do the same thing. is there some sort of cios or patch that i need to run on my wii to get it to work? have i had 3 bad burns in a row even though CoD works? i have starfall installed too if that helps.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
installed cios_fix.wad?

fixes some compatibility issues with the loaders.

have you considered using softmii or do you not want to risk that since its only recently that you started the softmodding stuff? i mean, it is alot more longwinded but worth it in the long run in my opinion.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
bobo_bobo said:
Hey I'm a noob. What's with all this IOS stuff. My Wii is 3.2U do I need to download and install any IOS to play some games, I already have the homebrew channel installed. Thanks for any help.

just use the "cIOS36_r7 installer" to install the cIOS needed and use the Gamma Launcher as a Channel or as an app inside the HBC and you're good to go...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
ok so I just recently softmodded my wii. i have HBC, the gamma loader and wiigator 0.3 loader and i installed cios7 i believe it was called. so anyways, i have 2 isos, mario party 8 and call of duty world at war. call of duty flashes green for a second and then loads perfectly with the force NTSC option. mario party freezes on green screen with this setting, and for any other setting it scrolls in black and white. i burned twice using verbatim dvd-r, and once with dvd+r and they all do the same thing. is there some sort of cios or patch that i need to run on my wii to get it to work? have i had 3 bad burns in a row even though CoD works? i have starfall installed too if that helps.
Some games don't like to be forced to a different region, just like MARIO PARTY 8 (PAL) and PIKMIN (PAL), you need to launch it without forcing it to other video output, and try using component cables, I think that helps, but not sure cause my TV does support both video signals and I have never forced any game..!!
smile.gif

installed cios_fix.wad?
have you considered using softmii or do you not want to risk that since its only recently that you started the softmodding stuff? i mean, it is alot more longwinded but worth it in the long run in my opinion.

cIOS_fix.wad is the cIOS249_r6, we are now on r7, so I think it is better to install the latest or better yet, to buy the legit copy of the game, you can't miss with that last option..!!
biggrin.gif

Gunfreak11

Trophies
Website
teamvierling.com
XP
Country
United States
How many GC games would I be able to put on 1 dvd?

Also, is it legal to download a backup of a game you own that is too scratched to play?
I cant wait to put Vietful Joe / 2 on a disk as well as my ToS. Itll be a dream come true to see my screen with them loaded up :-)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gunfreak11 said:
How many GC games would I be able to put on 1 dvd?

Also, is it legal to download a backup of a game you own that is too scratched to play?
I cant wait to put Vietful Joe / 2 on a disk as well as my ToS. Itll be a dream come true to see my screen with them loaded up :-)

You can use a tool to shrink them and then it depends on how much they shrinked, but I have (to have a sort of control) 1 DVD with the two NFS (Underground_MostWanted) and another with four games (Zelda Four Swords_Zelda Wind Waker_Mario Sunshine_Pikmin) and of course they were burned with space left, but those are the only games I liked so far, and about downloading is not illegal, distribution (in this case the people who uploaded the .iso file) is the illegal part, and in some country I believe even have the backup is an illegal act...!!!
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
QUOTE said:
installed cios_fix.wad?

cIOS_fix.wad is the cIOS249_r6, we are now on r7, so I think it is better to install the latest or better yet, to buy the legit copy of the game, you can't miss with that last option..!!
biggrin.gif

cios_fix.wad is actuall a rev5 cIOS. I wonder why it's still not removed from the guides and replaced by Waninkoko's cIOS36rev7. Using it in guides only adds AVOIDABLE steps, and the result in the end is 100% the same and the success rate(for the process in the guide) is 100% the same.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
cause the people who made the guides for 3.4 don't know how to make the cIOS249_r7.wad, and the only cIOS in .wad format publicly released was the cIOS_fix by gba_ppc, that's why...!!
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
cause the people who made the guides for 3.4 don't know how to make the cIOS249_r7.wad, and the only cIOS in .wad format publicly released was the cIOS_fix by gba_ppc, that's why...!!
biggrin.gif

It's just when the 1st downgrade guide was written, there was no cIOS36rev7 wad available, and all other guides just copied that guide and weren't updated.

synicasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about WiiScrubber 1.40

When I Scrub I "scrub" the original Iso and when done its the same size.

When I Trim it allows me to save to a different file name that is much smaller than the original usually.

What is the Difference ?

What is the best method ?

Daagar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Horribly stupid question: I have a 3.3U wii (pre-Oct) with HBC+gamma 0.3 installed and working fine. Is it possible to install DvDx without impacting gamma (purely for use with MPlayer_CE and the like...). I've read just enough about IOS249 and various conflicts therein with older versions of the loader to sufficiently confuse myself about whether gamma+DvDx is safe.

Sigh, and as long as I'm asking stupid noob questions: Would a _retail_ version of a game with a newer firmware cause my wii to update? Obviously I brick-block or validate any dumped games to ensure they won't cause an update, but wasn't sure what retail versions might do. My wii is not currently wifi'd, so downgrading isn't an option (the current guides for downgrading offline are still a bit... raw).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place