Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

woody0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey guys, im not much of a noob, its just that i havnt been round for a LONG time, and i havnt been keepin up much with updates from nintendo, iv still got the homebrew channel and the zelda hack, but is it safe too update your wii now? im currently on 3.3E and havnt updated in a while due too the dodgy zelda saves being deleted and everything last time i was here, so whats happening now?

Seaniccus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying thank you to all the experienced folks that help out in this thread. I asked around and got the advice I needed, and decided to play it safe for now - playing my classic games in HBC emulators instead of custom injection channels. I'm not comfortable downgrading (despite how safe you say it is,) and I just want to play a few custom/hacked roms on my TV without using my PC TV/OUT and setting up my bluetooth for the wii remote. This works better than perfect.

Anyway, thanks for the encouraging words.

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hey all!
i have a moded wii and recently i upgraded from 3.1u to 3.2u and i thought i give starfall a try since i used a pal game to update and it semi bricked my console...
so i only installed "Skip disc update check",i dont think i need the other ones except this:* Remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check"what does it exactly do?

hotfishy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I just have a quick question:

I finish installing the HBC...and just as I am trying to use WAD 1.3 manager, it will not load! It just automatically went blackscreen and wii become non-responsive. I am currently using Wii 3.4U

Any ideas?

Thanks!

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
hotfishy said:
Hi all,

I finish installing the HBC...and just as I am trying to use WAD 1.3 manager, it will not load! It just automatically went blackscreen and wii become non-responsive. I am currently using Wii 3.4U

Any ideas?

Thanks!

No point posting the same question in 2 threads but like I said in the other thread downgrade to 3.2

Loft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all. Just a quick question. I've been using Starfall for a while now and obviously needed to keep the Twilight Hack save on my Wii in case anything happened, but I've now got rid of Starfall and started using Preloader instead. Am I right in thinking that I don't need the Twiglight Hack save file any longer in the event of anything going wrong?

Thanks.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Loft said:
Hey all. Just a quick question. I've been using Starfall for a while now and obviously needed to keep the Twilight Hack save on my Wii in case anything happened, but I've now got rid of Starfall and started using Preloader instead. Am I right in thinking that I don't need the Twiglight Hack save file any longer in the event of anything going wrong?

Thanks.
To get rid of starfall, simply uninstall all starfall hacks
and indeed, you don't need the TP hack for un-bricking with preloader

hotfishy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
computerboy said:
hotfishy said:
Hi all,

Any ideas?

Thanks!

No point posting the same question in 2 threads but like I said in the other thread downgrade to 3.2

Thank you so much for the fast response! I have visit some of the guides, but they required the use of WAD manager in HBC, but my very problem is that I can't even load/use WAD manager ^^" So is there any way to downgrade without WAD manager?

Thanks!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hotfishy said:
Thank you so much for the fast response! I have visit some of the guides, but they required the use of WAD manager in HBC, but my very problem is that I can't even load/use WAD manager ^^" So is there any way to downgrade without WAD manager?

Thanks!

yes, if you have wifi on your wii
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446

hotfishy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well first of all I want to know why you CAN'T use Wad Manager...??
huh.gif

hotfishy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
huh.gif

Well, I finish installing the HBC...and just as I am trying to use WAD 1.3 manager, it will not load! It just automatically went blackscreen and wii become non-responsive. I am currently using Wii 3.4U

So i have been told to downgrade to 3.2, but in order to do so I need to use Wad manager...and I do have wifi, and I viewed EmperorOfCanada's post on how to downgrade, which on step 1 require the use of Wad manager... So I am a bit stuck on how to use wifi to proceed to downgrade to either fix WAD manager/by pass it ^^"

hotfishy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hotfishy said:
ether2802 said:
huh.gif

Well, I finish installing the HBC...and just as I am trying to use WAD 1.3 manager, it will not load! It just automatically went blackscreen and wii become non-responsive. I am currently using Wii 3.4U

So i have been told to downgrade to 3.2, but in order to do so I need to use Wad manager...and I do have wifi, and I viewed EmperorOfCanada's post on how to downgrade, which on step 1 require the use of Wad manager... So I am a bit stuck on how to use wifi to proceed to downgrade to either fix WAD manager/by pass it ^^"

Hmm, it seems like I can access Custom WM and I used it to isntall IOS16-64-v257 and cios_fix.wad.....but when I try to Load IOS downgrader in HBC...it just turn into blackscreen and wii become non-responsive...

Any Idea ^^?

Or is it possible to downgrade with AnyReigonChanger?

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hotfishy said:
hotfishy said:
ether2802 said:
huh.gif

Hmm, it seems like I can access Custom WM and I used it to isntall IOS16-64-v257 and cios_fix.wad.....but when I try to Load IOS downgrader in HBC...it just turn into blackscreen and wii become non-responsive...

Any Idea ^^?

Or is it possible to downgrade with AnyReigonChanger?
You can use AnyRegionChanger to downgrade to 3.2, but make sure it's downgraded to your region or a semi break will occur. (ex: 3.4U -> 3.2U)
It's still suggested to have WAD manager. You'll need WiFi for AnyRegionChanger (which you have).

yokomoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it necessary to have my Wii connected to the internet for softmodding to work? What I mean is I have system menu 3.1 at the moment and have no way to get my Wii online, so I was wondering if there is any offline way to get system menu 3.2 and if that is even mandatory?

I've been reading about Softmii and so forth needing an internet connection, I tried using the search function here but I couldn't find an answer.

Thanks a ton for all help!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JJBro1 said:
can anyone get pal pikmin to work on an ntsc wii, because i can't.

Don't make posts with incomplete information and don't lie, you GOT the game to work, but in black&white, because your tv doesn't support PAL.

thesaint08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thesaint08 said:
SilverSurfR said:
thesaint08 said:
Please can someone help.

I have soft modded my Wii, and have dumped Mario and Sonic using the DVD Dumper application.
I used an SD card, so have 3 .iso files. I have got them all in a folder on my PC, and want to join them together.

I have renamed the parts part1, part2 and part3.

I read that I have to use the cmd prompt to join them, but after trying for the last hour or two, I am unable to do this.
Can anyone guide me how to do this in real easy terms, as I am not getting anywhere with this.

This is what I tried:

copy /b part1+part2+part3 mario.iso
I get a mesaage that says that it can't find the path specified. I have only ever used the cmd box once before, so please bare this in mind if you are going to advise me.

Thanks
Your problem is when you open a command prompt, it's not in the directory where your files are. So you're trying to run that command on files that aren't there.
What I suggest to you since you're not used to working with the command prompt...
1. make sure your system is showing file extensions.
2. create a txt file in the same folder as the files you want to merge.
3. open the txt file and put your "copy file blah blah" line in it. save exit.
4. change file extension from .txt to .bat and run it.

Thanks for the quick reply, but what you are saying has gone way over my head. Could you write it in an idiot proof way for me.

I have got the 3 files in a folder. I right-clicked on an empty space in the same folder, and selected New>Text Document.
I wrote copy /b part1+part2+part3 mario.iso in this. File>Save>File>Exit

I then went into my control panel, and changed my Folder Options to show file extensions.

I now have a folder with part1.iso, part2.iso, part3.iso and new text document.txt

I changed the .txt extension to .bat. My computer gave me a warning that it may become unusable.
I continued.
I then right clicked on the .bat and the selected Run as administrator, and then a cmd box briefly flashed on the screen. Now nothing.

I have a feeling it's the "copy" line, can you tell me what to write in it please.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
Your copy line should be:

copy /b part1.iso+part2.iso+part3.iso mario.iso

You are missing the .iso at the end of each part.

(If you ever need to troubleshoot what might have gone wrong you can always place "pause" after the copy line.

copy /b part1.iso+part2.iso+part3.iso mario.iso
pause

What the pause will do is leave the black screen open stating press any key to continue and will display what has happened above it
smile.gif

I have a question of my own that I was going to create a new post for but thought I would try here first.

I have an ISO TOS_DOTNW.ISO. It is the right size and burns to DvD fine. Wii Disc channels recognises it and even shows the pictures and music. When I try to start the game i get teh black screen of death. I am using a PAL Wii with latest update and a WiiKey V2.

I have tried two different ISO files with teh same result. I have been informed on these forums that it s to do with the game not wanting to load in PAL screen mode.

I used WiiFrii to patch it from NTSC-U to PAL Screen settings. Burned perfectly and when I placed it in my Wii the disc channel stated that a system update was required to continue. I turned it off and took the disc out - in fear of bricking my Wii.

I am not sure why it now prompted to do an update whereas before it did not (obviously something to do with the WiiFrii NTSC-U - PAL conversion but I also thought that WiiKey V3 would stop it from even prompting like it does with teh original unmodified backup.

WiiKey V2 has an update blocker that stops different regions updates if set - I have it set to allow only PAL (though I could set it to stop ALL updates if need be).

Now to the main point / question - if I was to say "OK" to the update would the WiiKey still block it and then load the game or would I brick my Wii due to placing an NTSC update on a PAL Wii as it would actually execute?

Thanks for any help in advance.

***Edit***

Got my quested answered about why it prompted - it was because I changed teh iso to be PAL and WiiKey allows updates. Thsi would have then installed some dupliacte channels etc. If I turn off all updates from installing on my WiiKey then it would not have prompted and more than likely still black screened on me but I will try that tomorrow. (Can't believe I did not realise this before asking...)

New question - has anyone got Tales of Symphonia 2 to work on a PAL Wii with only WiiKey v2 installed and NO homebrew channel etc?

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
JJBro1 said:
can anyone get pal pikmin to work on an ntsc wii, because i can't.

Don't make posts with incomplete information and don't lie, you GOT the game to work, but in black&white, because your tv doesn't support PAL.
The point of this thread is for the noobs to ask questions. Flaming him isn't really helping, is it?

If he'd started a new thread just for this, fair enough, but he didn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ