Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Yeah you don't need to reinstall anything, you are INSTALLING a modchip, not even near touching the NAND (where all the data of the Wii is stored), and I really can't see why your discs can't be played thru the disc channel once you reboot with hooks, that is really strange, but I don't think anyone here is on 3.4 besides you, so no one can answer you that, really
laugh.gif
, and once you get and install your ModChip you wont need the softmod anyway, so don't worry about it, just don't try to install any wad and I can't really see the need of downgrading, altough it is just as I told you:

load the cIOS downgrader app
press A to accept the disclaimer screen
select among various versions, the one that fits you (3.2U for you)
press A and confirm again pressing A
go drink a beer or smoke a joint
come back when it finishes and press any button to reboot

load IOS downgrader
press A to accept (I think twice, don't remember)
go finish your beer/joint
come back to press any button to reboot

congratz..!!! you are on 3.2U
biggrin.gif

QUOTE said:
Noob question timez!
I've installed WADs before, so I have no trouble there... but I've never installed a custom WAD for something that didn't have a WAD in the first place.
It's the GameCube Backup Launcher. I'm trying to use a custom WAD, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Should I place the WAD in my root, or in the WAD folder? Should I rename it? What about renaming the GCBackupLauncher?

if you are using the Wad Manager, all the wads to be installed (or uninstalled) must be on the "wad" folder, doesn't matter if you rename it, as long as the .wad extention is there...!!
smile.gif

Hey there..Thanks for the info :-) What are the advantages of downgrading..I mean, would I be able to see the game in the Disc Channel and actually play the game from there with Firmware 3.2..or would I still need a Mod Chip no matter what..most of the games that I have are the newer games and I was able to use today BackupLauncher_002fix and I did see the game on the Disc Channel but I was not able to load the game from there, only from the backup channel, so if that won't change no matter what I don't see why it's crucial to downgrade..Since for me 3.4 has not caused me any issues. Still waiting for my Mod Chip to arrive..boy it's taking it's sweet time. Thanks again!!

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
well the advantages of downgrading is being protected and being able to use more tools to recover from almost 90% - 95% of the bricks...!!!
wink.gif

True, but no matter what..in order to play Wii games on the Disc Channel, I need the Mod Chip right..I might downgrade tomorrow..if you are online and willing to assist me..I dont want to screw anything up

wpilgrim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a quick question does anyone know where i can find info on how to inject a homemade banner into a current wad ie if i made a banner for say the fce ultra and wanted that one instead of the one that is currently with the wad that i have is there a way to just replace the banner with mine? thanks

videtonator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello guys, hope this is the right section to this question

so, in the beggining of the mounth, I took pikmin (wii version) PAL, but 'til now I can't do it work

I burned it 3 times: one the iso free of programs, another with brickblocker and regionfrii, and the last one region changed and without update, using Wiizle Shiizle Diizle

no one of them worked in disc channel, but, OK, let's try in softchip or backup launcher

but, both gives the same error, trying force NTSC, green screen, the other options, the game runs in black and white

searching in the web, I discovered that people made it work using geckoOS, so, I downloaded the latest version,1.07b i think, and tried

the same error of backup launcher and softchip

this happened with all the DVD's that I burned

so, I got an answer to use the generic wii patcher and use the "video mode changer" option

ok, I took de pikmin pal iso, extract de main.dol with wiiscrubber, but when I click at search, at "video mode changer", he just doesn't found anything, and gives the following message: "Search pattern for video modes not found"

I tried do this with a metroid prime (the first one with wii controls), and worked perfectly

what may I do?

Seaniccus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about commonkey. From what I understand, if you want to install custom wiiware/VC games (like injections) you need a commonkey - what I want to know is if commonkey REPLACES your native key, or simply adds something? That is, could it be uninstalled? Does it release your current 'key' information? (Will deleting and re-downloading previously purchased titles from the wii shop channel work?)

Moreover, how much can you "uninstall" things like this? Let's say I install the homebrew channel the common key, and a few custom VC channels like Earthbound or Final Fantasy games - imagine I want to remove all of this - can the "commonkey" be deleted/uninstalled setting the wii back to how it was pre-homebrew??

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, anyone knows how to change the label of an iso? I tried using IsoBuster, MagicISO and UltraIso, but none of them recognize GC isos (they say that the ISO is corrupted). I'm asking because I need to change the label of my Metal Gear Solid Isos, since both of them (it's a 2 disc game) have the same label, so when I burn them in the same DVD as a MultiGame Iso I can't tell the difference between the two in the Backup Launcher Menu (the one that says A to auto load, B to use patch, Z to choose second game, Dpad to choose game, etc.)

Eekman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi! I'm planning to buy a PAL Wii with the Wiikey 2 chip. Would it be a good buy? Could it brick my Wii even though I only intend to play pal Wii/GC backups?
The information I found was kind of outdated.
Do the Wiikey team still release updates?
Should I be concerned for new Wii system updates that potentially can brick my Wii.
I also want it for online game use. Anything I need too worry about there?

I know that google is my friend but I'm too big of a noob in the Wii chip subject.

TYIA.
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lakerfanalways said:
ether2802 said:
well the advantages of downgrading is being protected and being able to use more tools to recover from almost 90% - 95% of the bricks...!!!
wink.gif

True, but no matter what..in order to play Wii games on the Disc Channel, I need the Mod Chip right..I might downgrade tomorrow..if you are online and willing to assist me..I dont want to screw anything up

You can play backups on the disc channel with various methods, even when you are "only" softmodded? When you don't have preloader installed there are menu rebooters and of course the Gamma rebooter which allow(after starting the program and rebooting the wii menu) to run backups from the disc channel. And if you install cioscorp, you can play alomost all backups from the disc channel without even running an extra program each time.

QUOTE(1biggdog @ Mar 1 2009, 04:43 AM)
I have homebrew and gamma0.3 installed sucessfully, can I install softchip loader o same wii at the same time?

Thanks in Advace

SoftChip and Gamma both don't need at all to be installed, only the cIOS needs the be installed, Gamma and SoftChip need only to be started.

1biggdog

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have homebrew and gamma0.3 installed sucessfully, can I install softchip loader o same wii at the same time?

Thanks in Advace

"SoftChip and Gamma both don't need at all to be installed, only the cIOS needs the be installed, Gamma and SoftChip need only to be started."

WiiPower
Thanks for the reply.

So is there any real difference between gamma and softchip? I want to try softchip only because I have a NTSC/U wii and have a couple of pal games, which only play in black and white, when I use force NTSC on gamma 0.3. I read read some pal games just don't play with gamma and also have read that more seem to play with softchip.

So if I put the softchip wad on my sd on use wad loader to start it, it will give me a softchip channel...right? I hope I am understanding this correctly.

Thanks again,
1biggdog

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1biggdog said:
WiiPower said:
1biggdog said:

Thanks in Advace

SoftChip and Gamma both don't need at all to be installed, only the cIOS needs the be installed, Gamma and SoftChip need only to be started.

WiiPower
Thanks for the reply.

So is there any real difference between gamma and softchip? I want to try softchip only because I have a NTSC/U wii and have a couple of pal games, which only play in black and white, when I use force NTSC on gamma 0.3. I read read some pal games just don't play with gamma and also have read that more seem to play with softchip.

So if I put the softchip wad on my sd on use wad loader to start it, it will give me a softchip channel...right? I hope I am understanding this correctly.

Thanks again,
1biggdog

yes it will install the softchip channel and you'll be able to use it

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Games games can't be forced to use the video mode you want, look for my region free gaming guide for more information and a solutuon for some games.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I've got a strange question, but a whole new Thread would be realy useless, and I haven't found anything simular where I could post this...

First, I'm chipped with a Wiikey 1, v1.9s. Now, in the last few Days, I recognized that my Backups all run normal, so not loud. But when I insert an original Game, the Wii-Drive goes crazy, it's realy loud, you think it will explode soon
tongue.gif
. And it gives also sometimes Errors that it can't read the original disk...but Backups work as they should...

So my question: Does anybody know if someone others have this problem? What's happening with my Drive?

NDSPhr34k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had cIOS249 (0.3 Beta) on my Wii which has been running v3.3 menu.

I finally wanted to upgrade to 0.3 Gamma / 002 Fix, so I removed cIOS249 using AnyTitle Deleter DB 1.0 v2. But I just switched over to FiOS internet, and it's very very iffy w/ wifi and the Wii so the online update for cIOS Rev 7 fails each time. I have the offline install files for it but for some reason it won't use them. It repeatedly says network fail even when I delete the connection info.

And now homebrew apps like mplayer won't even load. I'm guessing this is due to cIOS249 missing?

I don't know how to get 0.3 Gamma w/ 002 Fix up and running. I keep trying and trying.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i got super smash bros brawl a while ago (before i started the softmodding and playing of backups) but now its stopped working...

i know there is a flaw with some wii's that causes it to be not read, but since mine WAS working could it be something to do with any cIOS or anything that i've installed? here are the specs:

Wiigator cIOS v07
cMIOS Xi
softmii 2.0.5 (i think, plays GC games through disc channel)
preloader installed (just incase any hacks can repair it, unlikely though i suppose lol)
firmware 3.2E (downgraded from 3.3v1)

it reads all other original and backup discs i have in the disc channel. but SSBB doesnt load through the Gamma loader disc channel either.

its an original game too and has not a single scratch on the surface lol

in the main menu, when i insert the disc it sort of makes a disc reading sound followed by silence. in the backup launcher gamma channel it does the same but instead of silence it then makes the disc read sound again and just repeats the sound and every so often the front wii light will come on like when you've just inserted the game.

I'm thinking it's something to do with the downgrade. i havent actually played the game in a few months so i dont really know which point it stopped working unfortunately, sorry about that.

i was looking foward to a damn good brawl session then too
tongue.gif

i can accept that i may have to send it to nintendo, but i dont want to get rid of all of the cIOS install efforts!!

i'm actually going to bed now so i'll have to come back tomora evening to catch up, if you need any more details then just say here and i'll be able to give you them
smile.gif

thanks alot to anyone that can help!

Josh44

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK,

Using Wiigator Gamma 3
Burning Mario Party 9 [Pal] after converting it using Regionfrii

Hit up the backup loader and use the rebooter with hooks. Game detects instantly as Mario Party 8 and I then go into the channel "MARRIOO PAARTTEE 8!!" wails from the intro, I choose "start" and boom blank screen...it sits indefinately.

Any suggestions? idea? Could this be the ISO? something I need to have converted? Even the base load in Gamma works with no error's it simply boots into oblivion.

NDSPhr34k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NDSPhr34k said:
I had cIOS249 (0.3 Beta) on my Wii which has been running v3.3 menu.

I finally wanted to upgrade to 0.3 Gamma / 002 Fix, so I removed cIOS249 using AnyTitle Deleter DB 1.0 v2. But I just switched over to FiOS internet, and it's very very iffy w/ wifi and the Wii so the online update for cIOS Rev 7 fails each time. I have the offline install files for it but for some reason it won't use them. It repeatedly says network fail even when I delete the connection info.

And now homebrew apps like mplayer won't even load. I'm guessing this is due to cIOS249 missing?

I don't know how to get 0.3 Gamma w/ 002 Fix up and running. I keep trying and trying.

I was able to get a cIOS installed using cIOS249-IOS36-rev07.wad w/ WAD Manager 1.3 on an old regular sd card. Both sdhc cards I had would not run WAD Manager 1.3.

Now does that wad file w/ the cIOS install it the same way if I used the cIOS Installer packaged in the .dol to be used w/ HBC?

And does this have the 002 fix? Or do I need to apply another patch for that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64