Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
hmm... have you not tried installing softmii? that should let you see the banner in the disc channel... i actually didnt even know that you could use gamma to load through the disc channel! lol

I'm running 3.4 firmware so SoftMii isn't an option, plus I am not into downgrading, I mean I am having issues playing a game, I doubt I can downgrade LOL

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah i see... i was in a bit of a worry when i downgraded too, but its really easy actually using IOS and cIOS downgrader. i'm not gonna make you do that though lol

and i also didnt realise that gamma worked on 3.4
tongue.gif
been a while since i used it XD

i guess i'm really only a good help with the things i actually use myself lol

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
ah i see... i was in a bit of a worry when i downgraded too, but its really easy actually using IOS and cIOS downgrader. i'm not gonna make you do that though lol

and i also didnt realise that gamma worked on 3.4
tongue.gif
been a while since i used it XD

i guess i'm really only a good help with the things i actually use myself lol

In the HomeBrew Channel I see the first option is some program called BackupLauncher_002fix..do I click on that in order to play the game..cause I am used to playing the game through the backup launcher on my wii channel..what is weird is that it even gives you an option to press 1 to go to config but it doesnt work cause Ive tried it repeatedly

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so its Ok for me to perss backuplauncher_002fix..because when I click on it it says Version:0.3 gamma
Coder: WiiGater

No Description available..if I click that it will go to that screen that you posted or do I have to press something

and on the side it shows a picture and it says Backup Loader

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well yeah, if you go to the HBC then onto gamma 002 fix and load it that should work
smile.gif
but you only have to use that one for games that require the 002 fix of course.

and about the hold 1 option... i have no idea what could be the cause of that problem! lol

and can i just ask, do your games actually work through the loader channel on the wii menu? and are you just looking for a solution to see the game in the disc channel as well as play it there?

sorry, i didnt fully understand the original question that you asked lol

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
well yeah, if you go to the HBC then onto gamma 002 fix and load it that should work
smile.gif
but you only have to use that one for games that require the 002 fix of course.

and about the hold 1 option... i have no idea what could be the cause of that problem! lol

and can i just ask, do your games actually work through the loader channel on the wii menu? and are you just looking for a solution to see the game in the disc channel as well as play it there?

sorry, i didnt fully understand the original question that you asked lol

YAY it works. I put in Skate It and I went to backuplauncher_002fix and I pressed B and it rebooted and I see the game now..does this work on all games or are there ones I should NOT do this for?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ah well never mind then lol hope it was partly something to do with me that you got it working
tongue.gif

is it not awkward having to go to the HBC just to be able to see the game in the disc channel each time you play the game? XD

also, since its the latest gamma, i dont see why doing this for any game would effect anything lol

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it does show up in the disc channel now, except I cannot play the game from the disc channel, I guess I have to wait for my Mod Chip in order to do that cause when I press to play the game from the disc channel I get an error message telling me to take the game out and reboot the wii

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I saw it was awnsered before...

But can't find it that fast...

How to change the background color of the Wii Menu (I know it is HTML color code only. No images)(Right?)

Thanks!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Lakerfanalways said:
Well, it does show up in the disc channel now, except I cannot play the game from the disc channel, I guess I have to wait for my Mod Chip in order to do that cause when I press to play the game from the disc channel I get an error message telling me to take the game out and reboot the wii
Lets introduce you to a new gbatemp friend for that one : Search
Search for the error you get or search 'disc read error'
good luck

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Lakerfanalways said:
Lets introduce you to a new gbatemp friend for that one : Search
Search for the error you get or search 'disc read error'
good luck

thanks for the info. The game works fine just won't play in the disc channel. I burned the game at 8x and it works fine. Perhaps it is because they are newer games. It was Skate It that I tried playing, so since that is a new game perhaps that is why. I will try with an older game and see if I have the same issue

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
thats probably a good idea
smile.gif

Yeah cause I read on YouTube how some of the newer games will give a disc read error on the disc channel..Does anyone have a list of those that will work and those that will not? I guess once I get my Mod Chip everything will work in the Disc Channel

rklamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question timez!

I've installed WADs before, so I have no trouble there... but I've never installed a custom WAD for something that didn't have a WAD in the first place.

It's the GameCube Backup Launcher. I'm trying to use a custom WAD, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Should I place the WAD in my root, or in the WAD folder? Should I rename it? What about renaming the GCBackupLauncher?

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
well yeah, thats what a modchip is designed to do
tongue.gif
you wont need any of the cIOS and stuff either

Yeah well I am gonna keep the Homebrew Channel and the Backup launcher even when I get the Mod Chip. But even though I have firmware 3.4 I won't have to install the Soft Mod again after its installed..just put the mod chip in and turn the Wii on and I can put a game in the Wii and load it in the disc channel, simple as that? Thanks again for your help

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah you don't need to reinstall anything, you are INSTALLING a modchip, not even near touching the NAND (where all the data of the Wii is stored), and I really can't see why your discs can't be played thru the disc channel once you reboot with hooks, that is really strange, but I don't think anyone here is on 3.4 besides you, so no one can answer you that, really
laugh.gif
, and once you get and install your ModChip you wont need the softmod anyway, so don't worry about it, just don't try to install any wad and I can't really see the need of downgrading, altough it is just as I told you:

load the cIOS downgrader app
press A to accept the disclaimer screen
select among various versions, the one that fits you (3.2U for you)
press A and confirm again pressing A
go drink a beer or smoke a joint
come back when it finishes and press any button to reboot

load IOS downgrader
press A to accept (I think twice, don't remember)
go finish your beer/joint
come back to press any button to reboot

congratz..!!! you are on 3.2U
biggrin.gif

QUOTE said:
Noob question timez!
I've installed WADs before, so I have no trouble there... but I've never installed a custom WAD for something that didn't have a WAD in the first place.
It's the GameCube Backup Launcher. I'm trying to use a custom WAD, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Should I place the WAD in my root, or in the WAD folder? Should I rename it? What about renaming the GCBackupLauncher?

if you are using the Wad Manager, all the wads to be installed (or uninstalled) must be on the "wad" folder, doesn't matter if you rename it, as long as the .wad extention is there...!!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1